• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Z+F Titanium RM052 skull

Simon2439

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/20
My Titanium came with a screw missing from the clasp so have been unable to wear it yet. Still waiting. Can’t believe how long it has taken to get something so simple sent through. Bought from PURETIME so hope it arrives soon!

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
I wonder, if anyone plan get the JBF Skull? It seems nicer skull as compare to the EUR factory ones, imo. . What do you guys think?

Reactions: gclass

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I wonder, if anyone plan get the JBF Skull? It seems nicer skull as compare to the EUR factory ones, imo. . What do you guys think?

Yes it does compared to EURF, but way off from Gen and ZF. So sad, because I would def but it w a working tourbillon, but the skull looks like a clown skull unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
TheDonSL So sad it still a waiting game for the perfect Skull. haha, Still thinking hard if I should pull the trigger for this new skull.
Was comparing this with the new DB Tourbillon by BBR but I scare that the DB cannot fit my 16.5cm wrist and did hear someone saying the BBR Tourbillon have some issues.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
TheDonSL So sad it still a waiting game for the perfect Skull. haha, Still thinking hard if I should pull the trigger for this new skull.
Was comparing this with the new DB Tourbillon by BBR but I scare that the DB cannot fit my 16.5cm wrist and did hear someone saying the BBR Tourbillon have some issues.

Stay away from anything BBR, I just bought two Roger Dubius BBR and both have movement problems. JB is much better quality control.

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Received my skull RM 52 :) awesome watch in the flesh! The depth of the dial / movement is amazing :)
33afcfad6cebf68b12ada80dd8f3c4cc.jpg
a1f06e9213df9259bc735982d4afac37.jpg
c33ddbcbbece7f741c8dd62b2a9e81b4.jpg
48593f937844fb4d068dcff07389197d.jpg

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
No there is no tourbillon in this model :( it has an automatic movement behind the skull :)

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Legendetawatch just put up video and pics of a new 53-01 with a working tourbillion, and the video looks like it’s from a Chinese watch maker

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
Mine came in today - first rep purchase. Couldn't be happier, the quality of finish is amazing. Shame about the tourbillon, but damn - it is seriously a little work of art.

https://streamable.com/z2city

Only issue is the deployant clasp has some sharp edges, nothing that a little sanding won't fix though.

Reactions: leo6929

benfredwright

Horology Curious
23/11/16
I did a quick Instagram poll with pics of gen (top) vs the ZF (bottom), and apparently to the masses, the ZF looks better than the real thing. (24 voted for gen, 37 for rep)

Of course, that's with a still image - in motion, you'd spot the tourbillon. Oh well, I still would count it as a win.
I did a second poll with a closeup, and the result was a lot closer.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I did a quick Instagram poll with pics of gen (top) vs the ZF (bottom), and apparently to the masses, the ZF looks better than the real thing. (24 voted for gen, 37 for rep)

Of course, that's with a still image - in motion, you'd spot the tourbillon. Oh well, I still would count it as a win.
I did a second poll with a closeup, and the result was a lot closer.

just to prove that RWI member is far more knowledgeable, and less likely to get scammed, lol ;)

TheDonSL

28/12/13
The skull by ZF is amazing build quality, def very close to gen in appearance, the fact that there is no tourbillon ruins the watch unfortunately. It’s still one of my favorites. I wish ZF had access to the movements that JB has.

Perhaps Angus puretime you can setup a collaboration between JB and ZF and make a special order on a tourbillon movement RM skull titanium?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The skull by ZF is amazing build quality, def very close to gen in appearance, the fact that there is no tourbillon ruins the watch unfortunately. It’s still one of my favorites. I wish ZF had access to the movements that JB has.

Perhaps Angus puretime you can setup a collaboration between JB and ZF and make a special order on a tourbillon movement RM skull titanium?

I can ask :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Corvax and TheDonSL