• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
There's a v1 in UK/EU on the sales section now if you're located thereabouts and are cool with the previous version

Farxxx

Horology Curious
31/1/21
I saw that one but the V1 is not as astonishing The new NTPT makes a big difference any thoughts on the matter ?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I'm kinda biased because I literally just bought a v1 earlier today, but the biggest upgrade is the ABD one, and that's astonishing but also astonishingly expensive. I'm good with a little bit of zebra, and even the v1 is worlds better than the plasticy NTPT that the older reps used to use. The upgrade on the v2 and v3 is noticeable, but I'm going to bet on wrist it's not too bad unless you're repfam and/or a giant watch nerd

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Like was said above, you've just gotta keep an eye on the sale section and see if something pops up. They usually do once or twice a month, just be patient and one will show up in your area of the world and pricerange.

Reactions: Farxxx

LatesEm

Horology Curious
17/8/18
Is the hacking second hand on every single watch just from the nature of the seiko movement, or are some better than others (i.e. a QC issue)?

Really want to get the ZF ABD version - it looks good enough, but I can't really get over that second hand. At least based off the one youku video I saw of the watch.

Maybe it's a non-issue, I don't know. Thoughts?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
If you mean the common "stuttering" issue, it's because the Seiko is a small movement and isn't normally designed to spin such large hands. You can fix it by having a watchsmith adjust a tension spring on the back and it'll smooth it out, but out of the box some are better than others. My 055 is pretty bad and I'm going to send it for service most likely, but my 035 is pretty fantastic. Both run the same movements with the same hands, so are pretty comparable for that.

LatesEm

Horology Curious
17/8/18
If you mean the common "stuttering" issue, it's because the Seiko is a small movement and isn't normally designed to spin such large hands. You can fix it by having a watchsmith adjust a tension spring on the back and it'll smooth it out, but out of the box some are better than others. My 055 is pretty bad and I'm going to send it for service most likely, but my 035 is pretty fantastic. Both run the same movements with the same hands, so are pretty comparable for that.

Thank you for the info - so basically the stuttering can be reduced, but not completely eliminated right? Seems pretty unfortunate.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
If you tension it right it can eliminate maybe 98% of the stutter. My 035 moves like a normal 21600vph with no discernable stutter, the 055 is preeeeetty janky depending on how wound it is.

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
V1, but still rocks.

a117fd3700b2b543c07f475a23407b05.jpg

d5d5173836eee7a9a96a0d980fc192fe.jpg

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Just picked up a v1 myself, and goddamn I love this watch so much! For some reason I feel like I have to baby my 055 but this thing feels like a tank as soon as I strap it on.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
How many grams is the latest zf version of this ?

I think someone measured (it's in this thread somewhere) at 85-90g, so roughly 2.5x the gen. I don't remember if that's on rubber or on a velcro though.

btramos

APpreciative PAMpassionate IWCrazy
Supporter
Certified
6/6/20
US
I picked up a V3 RM35-02 here M2M a week or so ago. I absolutely love this watch!

Only thing to know (at least with the V3) is that the seconds are not hacking (as can be seen in the trustytime video for the watch also) so if you're OCD about setting your watch to atomic time before you wear it you'll have to let that aspect go.

It's a beautiful watch though and wears very comfortably on my 7" wrist. I imagine it would be great on even smaller wrists too!

Reactions: theREALgoat

Aznese

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/14
I picked up a V3 RM35-02 here M2M a week or so ago. I absolutely love this watch!

Only thing to know (at least with the V3) is that the seconds are not hacking (as can be seen in the trustytime video for the watch also) so if you're OCD about setting your watch to atomic time before you wear it you'll have to let that aspect go.

It's a beautiful watch though and wears very comfortably on my 7" wrist. I imagine it would be great on even smaller wrists too!

Do you have any idea what the smallest wrist size would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro