• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I really don't get the hubbub over the balance wheel. Yes, it's a big tell, but I feel like it's much ado about not too much when we're getting cases at the correct sizes in the correct materials. With the increasing popularity of RMs, I'm sure work will be put towards it, but I'm pretty happy with what we get for the price now. Yeah, it'd be baller to have a working BW, but they have gone to the effort of making the gears move (at least they do in the 055), and for my money it's hardly the dealbreaker I see people making it out to be. I don't see how they could realistically improve it short of copying the base Vaucher movement and then skeletonising it. Possible, but hardly easy and definitely expensive.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I really don't get the hubbub over the balance wheel. Yes, it's a big tell, but I feel like it's much ado about not too much when we're getting cases at the correct sizes in the correct materials. With the increasing popularity of RMs, I'm sure work will be put towards it, but I'm pretty happy with what we get for the price now. Yeah, it'd be baller to have a working BW, but they have gone to the effort of making the gears move (at least they do in the 055), and for my money it's hardly the dealbreaker I see people making it out to be. I don't see how they could realistically improve it short of copying the base Vaucher movement and then skeletonising it. Possible, but hardly easy and definitely expensive.

They could acquire the minimum amount of 25pcs of the VMF 3000 for around 25.000,- and start repping the architecture to use it as a base for various other brands. Just like the skeletonized submariner which is based on a clone 3135.

like you said the demand will increase with time and so will the effort put into these pieces.

for what is available up to date the progress is worth mentioning, indeed.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
like you said the demand will increase with time and so will the effort put into these pieces.

for what is available up to date the progress is worth mentioning, indeed.

This is basically exactly my hope, and I'll help give ZF the money to fund those 25 movements! I'm really happy with what they've done in a relatively short time, and I'm hoping that the trajectory continues.

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19

Woodman

Looking Around
29/12/20
Hi guys,

This is my first post in this forum. Been reading for a while on RWI. Especially about this 35-02 thread. I’ve read all 125 pages and other topics about it. After all, I finally pulled the trigger to buy it. The RM 35-02 ZF V3 version.

But..... sold out everywhere ???? asked 4 TDs and all told me it’s sold out. Pure told me I should ask again in 2 weeks and that I have to purchase it on their site to be put on the waiting list, others told me to ask again in 2-3 months (!).

Anyone here who knows more about the restock? Or another TD who can get his hands on it. I wouldn’t mind to pay the extra €300 for the ABD version.

Thanks all!

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
Happy New Year, folks!

V1 or V2? I’m not sure ...

ae985c51215eba0d38ffb7fbe45e199c.jpg

d5ac4097d82efd3b7d931880bb83a267.jpg

3649a3203a5d2efe9c6ead330cfd82a5.jpg

Farxxx

Horology Curious
31/1/21
Hi guys really looking to get one zf V3 please make my dream come true I heard that zf got raided so not sure if I could get it.