• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

surfersinc

Horology Curious
9/8/20
NEW RM035 BY ZF on Puretime!!

ABD is banned here. I guess he found his way around it. Not worth the price anyway.

It’s the factories n their collaborations, the rep world revolves only around rwi?

Before one jumps in with know all do they think they know who dictates the added price?

Last edited:

asuwere

2/6/19
That black barrel wheel looks like it‘s painted with a sharpie lol

lol. This is what happens when the hype train has no brakes. If we're talking this much for a rep might as well get the RM27 from EURF. Imagine if that had made enough money to go through several iterations and we were on V3 now with that.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
$1,200 for a rep

No gen parts, just a rep

I could buy a nomos with an in house movement for that.

No way José

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

senator

3/6/09
3625f297e2b43587404670f1b9b76cae.jpg

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I just ordered the screws from the bay. Black PVD coated & said Nov delivery. Lets see what happens

BIONONE

28/4/17
technically you can also blue those screws yourself with bluing agent (Oxpho-Blue Professional) for around 20 bucks... Just like machinists do it to certain parts as a protection against corrosion or gunsmiths for rifles and other firearms etc.

depending on how dark you want them to be - let it react a longer or shorter time frame. As the screws are not exposed to wear and tear like the rest of the case it doesn't have to be as scratch resistant as PVD/DLC which would be much more expensive.

NoobL!ke

Horology Curious
2/5/14
The wheel at 12 o'clock is not black it is finished so it reflects light sometimes darker sometimes lighter this looks like its painted by a CD writer pen, i expect in further iterations wheel and screws to be fixed but ZF version is very good so i will go with it for now as ABD one IMHO is not worth double price

jaywatchman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/20
16 cm wrist here (6 1/3 inch), thinking RM35 - 02 will be too big for my wrist.
Any thoughts?

Also please keep sending through v3 wrist shots folks

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
From what i've seen on A*** , the special collab with Intime uses a complete A*** made case. If thats true the price is very reasonable.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
for me, that $400 extra mod isnt worth it, cuz it doesnt get any closer to gen, ZF OOTB is good enough, no need for extra mod

BIONONE

28/4/17
A tourbillon mod is something I would pay for not that bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just imagine what factories would be abled to do if they would charge this amount of money for a non-tourbillon movement mass produced - if noob was abled to shell out 1.5 million for a clone chronograph and sell it for around 600 bucks - again: just imagine what factories would be abled to do quality wise and movement wise...

But no - slap in the tiniest Seiko movement and plaster it with high quality deco... add a bit of paint and charge 1.2K... lol :D

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
just imagine what factories would be abled to do if they would charge this amount of money for a non-tourbillon movement mass produced - if noob was abled to shell out 1.5 million for a clone chronograph and sell it for around 600 bucks - again: just imagine what factories would be abled to do quality wise and movement wise...

But no - slap in the tiniest Seiko movement and plaster it with high quality deco... add a bit of paint and charge 1.2K... lol :D

Unless I am missing something important, these RM movements are just three hand movements. While I get the fact that factories buy movements from gov outsource, I kinda wonder how hard it would be to replicate if they had a source watch. Making an exact copy of a Rolex Chrono movement seems much much harder than these RMs...

BIONONE

28/4/17
Unless I am missing something important, these RM movements are just three hand movements. While I get the fact that factories buy movements from gov outsource, I kinda wonder how hard it would be to replicate if they had a source watch. Making an exact copy of a Rolex Chrono movement seems much much harder than these RMs...

that was me trying to over exaggerate my point as a thin chronograph movement seems to be indeed different and harder to produce/clone than a 3-hand movement with a double barrel even without a date.

But RM movements are tiny and delicate and the precision that goes into them is something different...

The demand is still not big enough - and so comes the old debate about demand and supply - when the rep is shit - no one buys it so they don't mention market potential (even if will never be as high as a daytona or the best sub...)

Let's hope this changes and ZF will notice the effect that great over all built quality has on the overall product line up.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Mind me asking where these are for sale?

Save your money, they look like shit and likely won't fit your watch. Better off doing the screws that come with the ZF in black if you decide not to go the uber ZF route like many others.

Reactions: BIONONE

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Save your money, they look like shit and likely won't fit your watch. Better off doing the screws that come with the ZF in black if you decide not to go the uber ZF route like many others.

Great advice - thanks.