• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

irinakova

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/20
Does anybody know if the strap from the rmx can be put onto the zf? The zf one is awful…

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
hey, at least they got the outer screw colors right vs the old light silver from v2 which was a dead giveaway. Lettering and a bunch of other stuff still off but those aren’t as obvious from a distance.

even v3 came with nice grey screws, default pics do not show the real shade.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
It’s time for a clove movement for this I think. Enough versions 1, 2,3,4… or an rm 11 at least or 30

Reactions: j21

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
RM035-02 ZF V4- Ordered 10/6, received QC pics 10/13 from TrustyTime. Hope to see tracking very soon. QC pics verify the movement has changed to 6T28. BPM shows 28800 and location of balance wheel is correct for 6T28, in case anyone is interested in the new model and TD that has them.

Reactions: jkent83

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
RM035-02 ZF V4- Ordered 10/6, received QC pics 10/13 from TrustyTime. Hope to see tracking very soon. QC pics verify the movement has changed to 6T28. BPM shows 28800 and location of balance wheel is correct for 6T28, in case anyone is interested in the new model and TD that has them.

could you please share a pic about the mvm?

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
The balance wheel is in the correct position. This means the new 6T28 movement and the possibility to mod the front plate so it is at least partially visible. This is a MAJOR game changer!

I noticed the same. It is a pity they messed up the model name panel. Also no idea why they didn't remove some of the deco to show the balance wheel. I guess they are saving that for V5.

EDIT: After I posted this I realized V5 is too optimistic. V9 is more like it.

Last edited:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I noticed the same. It is a pity they messed up the model name panel. Also no idea why they didn't remove some of the deco to show the balance wheel. I guess they are saving that for V5.

Because this isn't a 6T28. It looks like it's the non open-heart variant of the same movement, but I don't know what the code is. If you look under the false balance wheel on the v4 or the Yas Marina/White Legend RM55s you'll see the pivot jewel for the balance wheel, which isn't stripped down like the 6T28. In addition, the space to the left of the balance wheel on the 6T28 is hollowed out to show the pallet fork, but in the RM rep movement this cutout is reduced to two tiny holes through which the fork is barely visible ticking back and forth.

HOWEVER if they did make this movement fit, it's reasonable to assume that the open-heart 6T28 would fit in the deco, although I don't think that's going to be the magic bullet that so many here seem to think it will be. The balance doesn't seem to line up right and putting an open-heart inside that deco may in fact make it more obvious that it's fake, although that's just speculation. The Miyota is definitely a more reliable movement than the Seikos used in previous editions, but it's a functionality upgrade rather than a cosmetic one.

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA

It would have been nice if some deco was removed to show the balance wheel. Of course there is no rep yet that will pas as gen, might never be. The finish will never be as good. And the balance wheel is still not in the compl;etely corect place, but if it is visible in V5+, it will be a huge upgrade. Not looking to pass as gen, but any skeleton watch should show moving parts. But this is all that was available right now and I just could not hold out any longer. Wanted one as soon as I saw one (a couple years ago). I might try to remove some deco if possible. Will have to see how it is put together once I have it.

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
any skeleton watch should show moving parts

Exactly! If not - then what's the point! I think they should get an open-heart version of that movement in there if they already don't have one and just - open it up a bit even if it doesn't look very gen (since it never will be gen-like anyway without the clone movement).

Reactions: thomasharding99

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
The fitting of the caseback on the video is awful. There are gaps on the side all along. Check from 1.10 until he mesure thickness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
Because this isn't a 6T28. It looks like it's the non open-heart variant of the same movement, but I don't know what the code is. If you look under the false balance wheel on the v4 or the Yas Marina/White Legend RM55s you'll see the pivot jewel for the balance wheel, which isn't stripped down like the 6T28. In addition, the space to the left of the balance wheel on the 6T28 is hollowed out to show the pallet fork, but in the RM rep movement this cutout is reduced to two tiny holes through which the fork is barely visible ticking back and forth.

HOWEVER if they did make this movement fit, it's reasonable to assume that the open-heart 6T28 would fit in the deco, although I don't think that's going to be the magic bullet that so many here seem to think it will be. The balance doesn't seem to line up right and putting an open-heart inside that deco may in fact make it more obvious that it's fake, although that's just speculation. The Miyota is definitely a more reliable movement than the Seikos used in previous editions, but it's a functionality upgrade rather than a cosmetic one.[/QUOTE

Looks like you are correct. I believe it is the Miyota 6T15. So maybe the 6T28 will swap out and at least show a little movement. And if a bit of deco is removed, it might look pretty good. Might give it a try sometime after I have had the watch for awhile.

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20
Hi guys this is my first post, wanna share my recent acquisition, this is the ZF V3. Got it on sale right after the V4 was announced (paid 700 USD). Been wearing it for a week and loving every second of it, it is lightweight at 85 g. I still cant believe they replicated the NTPT case, just goes to show how overpriced the genuine article is. As for the jerky second hand, it doesnt bother me at all, it is barely noticeable and I easily neglect it. As for cons, I'm worried about the water resistance since this is non threaded crown(winds smoothly tho). Thats all I guess, would love to see ZF release the official kevlar velcro strap for this at decent price. Thanks guys, learned a lot from this forum! Some pics for you.
jOwXck.jpg
jOwT4D.jpg
jOwkmo.jpg
jOwwCJ.jpg
jOw4SP.jpg

Last edited:

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Hi guys this is my first post, wanna share my recent acquisition, this is the ZF V3. Got it on sale right after the V4 was announced (paid 700 USD). Been wearing it for a week and loving every second of it, it is lightweight at 85 g. I still cant believe they replicated the NTPT case, just goes to show how overpriced the genuine article is. As for the jerky second hand, it doesnt bother me at all, it is barely noticeable and I easily neglect it. As for cons, I'm worried about the water resistance since this is non threaded crown(winds smoothly tho). Thats all I guess, would love to see ZF release the official kevlar velcro strap for this at decent price. Thanks guys, learned a lot from this forum! Some pics for you.
Very nice, thx for sharing, wear it well m8 )

Reactions: stanevo6