• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

saschinkaiya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/20
Update: confirmed the movement is still faux in the front, so not worth it for V3 owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could already suggest that from the price, no way they would sell it for the same price as the v3, if they achieved to fix the biggest issue the watch has.

Same goes for the "full case sapphire watches" like the rm56, they would absolutly never sell such pieces for the price they are currently taking, if it would be all sapphire.

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
on paper, the new miyota 6T28 is good for the 28 800. However, the power reserve will be 40 hours compared to 50 hours for the old NH05.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
You could already suggest that from the price, no way they would sell it for the same price as the v3, if they achieved to fix the biggest issue the watch has.

Same goes for the "full case sapphire watches" like the rm56, they would absolutly never sell such pieces for the price they are currently taking, if it would be all sapphire.

If you look at the yas marina or new ZF white rm, the balance wheel and movement have been updated in the back, all they need to do is modify the front plate which should not be costly, but they are dumping stock first

Reactions: Corvax

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Rmx Carbon on 35-02 looks like a V1.5 ZF, def no comparison looks too zebra like. Plus many members have seal issues with fogginess.

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
Rmx Carbon on 35-02 looks like a V1.5 ZF, def no comparison looks too zebra like. Plus many members have seal issues with fogginess.

the ntpt appeared on v3 at Zf

Apniceguy

3/3/20
If you look at the yas marina or new ZF white rm, the balance wheel and movement have been updated in the back, all they need to do is modify the front plate which should not be costly, but they are dumping stock first

Any modder can do it?
I see the balance wheel on the new movement is in the correct position, just behind the plate.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Any modder can do it?
I see the balance wheel on the new movement is in the correct position, just behind the plate.

No, they can't, this is not simple nor is it something that you'll find anyone to do. The balance staff is too small, the pivot is on the plate, and there are numerous other reasons why they can't just "modify the front plate". I know it may seem easy, but it really isn't. We're already living in a golden era of reps, don't let astronomic expectations ruin the experience.

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
The description at pure time seems to be wrong, but I am not 100% sure. The still mention the nh35. Intime especially says that the movement does not have the stuttering anymore. That’s why I guess the description is wrong at puretime.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Apniceguy

3/3/20
No, they can't, this is not simple nor is it something that you'll find anyone to do. The balance staff is too small, the pivot is on the plate, and there are numerous other reasons why they can't just "modify the front plate". I know it may seem easy, but it really isn't. We're already living in a golden era of reps, don't let astronomic expectations ruin the experience.

I understand what you mean but I don't get why no factory didn't did it, the Breguet tradition rep has a moving balance wheel in the exact position and it out for a few years now. Isn't it?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
The description at pure time seems to be wrong, but I am not 100% sure. The still mention the nh35. Intime especially says that the movement does not have the stuttering anymore. That’s why I guess the description is wrong at puretime.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

One of them is wrong, my bet is on the description with the 6T28 being incorrect, for several reasons. First, the movement is visually identical to my Yas Marina. Second, while the 6T28 is an open-heart watch (and shows the balance wheel), it's 2mm larger than the Seiko meaning the proportions are off and it may not fit into the case or hide behind the deco. Third, the stuttering wasn't caused by the beat rate, but by a slipping spring on the seconds pinion, as someone on here showed in their post a while ago. This stuttering is present on the 35s and the white Bubba 55, but not the Yas Marinas or White Legends to my knowledge and experience, so while a higher beat rate would indeed move more smoothly, it does not cause the stuttering issue and that issue appears to have been fixed. Fourth, when the Yas came out one of the TDs had the same incorrect description with a different movement, which seems to have been just a modded Seiko. Either the switch happened when they made the Yas or the movement is the same amongst all of the variants.

Looking forward to someone opening it up and figuring out exactly what's in there!

Reactions: Pdatoon