• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
9c9890060d0a4a6260c265e195105dd8.jpg

32fe26cce5cbbc1803959dd316c8fea9.jpg

e84dfeadb3bc443a81855601ce0ddcae.jpg

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
Hey guys,

How is your experience with the robustness and the waterproof ness of the rm32 from ZF?
do I not to be worried while wearing it during rain? Skeletonized movements can be very fragile. How about the construction in this watch?
did you experience any issues? Who is using it as a daily beater?
thanks!

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Hey guys,

How is your experience with the robustness and the waterproof ness of the rm32 from ZF?
do I not to be worried while wearing it during rain? Skeletonized movements can be very fragile. How about the construction in this watch?
did you experience any issues? Who is using it as a daily beater?
thanks!

They're not terribly waterproof at all, even in gen, and I usually get creative and cover my wrist when it rains heavily, otherwise it's fine. If it doesn't fog up when you sweat wearing it, it'll be fine for occasional raindrops.
The movements aren't actually skeletons, just Seikos behind a deco plate, so they're plenty robust and work well out of the box, plus they're very lightly modded so are likely to be cleaner inside too. Construction is fine, it feels light like all carbon fiber but it doesn't feel fragile. I wear RM reps daily and have been for years (been rocking the Yas Marina for the last couple months) and have never had a problem with any of them across all the five or so different factories and variants I have.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Anyone knows of a TD with a 35-02 V3 or ABD in stock? I tried all the bigger ones but stock avail.

Last edited:

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
They're not terribly waterproof at all, even in gen, and I usually get creative and cover my wrist when it rains heavily, otherwise it's fine. If it doesn't fog up when you sweat wearing it, it'll be fine for occasional raindrops.
The movements aren't actually skeletons, just Seikos behind a deco plate, so they're plenty robust and work well out of the box, plus they're very lightly modded so are likely to be cleaner inside too. Construction is fine, it feels light like all carbon fiber but it doesn't feel fragile. I wear RM reps daily and have been for years (been rocking the Yas Marina for the last couple months) and have never had a problem with any of them across all the five or so different factories and variants I have.

Thanks for the fast and perfect answers to my questions. Now I need just a TD who still has some ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TheDonSL

28/12/13
V4 just got released with a new movement… Intime… not sure if the balance wheel moves in front or not. If not, it’s not worth it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Th4ySoN

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
What do you mean by it is not worth it?
The v3 is not available as far as I know. So the v4 is great for me. Is the movement good? It is called Japan 6T28

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I mean not worth it upgrading from V3 if only difference is the seconds hand. If balance wheel moves in front then def a great upgrade from V3

Reactions: Corvax

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Update: confirmed the movement is still faux in the front, so not worth it for V3 owners.