• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Finally got QC pictures. I'm not too pleased with the bezel. Look at the finishing around the 3, 6, 9 o'clock on the bezel. Does it appear that someone painted grey paint??

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Finally got QC pictures. I'm not too pleased with the bezel. Look at the finishing around the 3, 6, 9 o'clock on the bezel. Does it appear that someone painted grey paint??

It’s normal with the grey parts buddy. Looks like that because of the lighting on many of the watches. Maybe at 9 it lacks some texture I’ll give you that. But the more profound problem is that the top of the bezel doesn’t look good IMO. I rejected a similar one. The top part is lacking texture in the pattern. It’s almost just the horisontal lines that goes all the way down to the crystal.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks JM. I'm considering what to do with this one.

You need to ask yourself if it will bug you or not. The one I rejected was a bit worse to be fair. You can see the pictures some pages earlier in this thread. I’ve posted both the one I rejected and the one I accepted.

sp00ky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
Depends on the TD I guess.

Since we are in a puretime thread, you could guess who my TD is. I wouldn't bitch about the waiting time but tbh I just wonder why someone got his qc in 3 days and I'm waiting 15 days now. Maybe the service depends on the pay-method, when they fear the customer could force his money back, when the qc picture doesn't arrive in the 5-7 day span.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Since we are in a puretime thread, you could guess who my TD is. I wouldn't bitch about the waiting time but tbh I just wonder why someone got his qc in 3 days and I'm waiting 15 days now. Maybe the service depends on the pay-method, when they fear the customer could force his money back, when the qc picture doesn't arrive in the 5-7 day span.

We're not in a pure time thread, we're in a RM thread.

awds

Horology Curious
30/8/20
Yeah, title maybe misleading since it says PureTime, but we’re in RM thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yeah, title maybe misleading since it says PureTime, but we’re in RM thread.

How is it misleading?! It's saying RM by ZF ON PureTime. Solely to point out that that watch had been put up on PT back at that time. Ffs, I can't believe some of you.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Title changed to make it unmissable what this thread is about. :facepalm: :qtip2:

awds

Horology Curious
30/8/20
How is it misleading?! It's saying RM by ZF ON PureTime. Solely to point out that that watch had been put up on PT back at that time. Ffs, I can't believe some of you.

I did say “maybe misleading” probably to some. No issues here.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Guys, so I had to reject the first QC for this piece from TD Puretime I was not happy with the bezel. I got the QC pics and within the 24 hour time limit I sent them an email rejecting the watch and told them why and drew circles around the picture outlining the issues. That was on 14 September. Then on 16 September I sent an email to them again asking if they got my email with attached pics. They replied no and that they already shipped the watch! I forwarded them the email I sent on the 14th. They still said too late already shipped.

I've never has a problem with Puretime. Do I have any recourse here? For me to ship something from the US to China will cost hundreds of dollars because of high shipping costs. And this was not my error. Do we have any way to moderate this? I have all the emails still but they are in Chinese so I would need a moderator that speaks and reads Chinese.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Guys, so I had to reject the first QC for this piece from TD Puretime I was not happy with the bezel. I got the QC pics and within the 24 hour time limit I sent them an email rejecting the watch and told them why and drew circles around the picture outlining the issues. That was on 14 September. Then on 16 September I sent an email to them again asking if they got my email with attached pics. They replied no and that they already shipped the watch! I forwarded them the email I sent on the 14th. They still said too late already shipped.

I've never has a problem with Puretime. Do I have any recourse here? For me to ship something from the US to China will cost hundreds of dollars because of high shipping costs. And this was not my error. Do we have any way to moderate this? I have all the emails still but they are in Chinese so I would need a moderator that speaks and reads Chinese.

This sucks, and has happened to me. TD conveniently not receiving the rejection notice and shipping out without you confirming as well. No recourse, really - this is a grey market / illegal market product and not like dealing with Amazon. I wouldn't even mail the watch back to China, it may get lost or take months to receive back.

Your best bet is to just enjoy the watch as-is, or flip it here and buy the same watch from a different TD that takes more time with you (like Sead at Supermirrors for example).

Also, QC photos usually show the worst of the watch magnified 100x. I've bought watches that I cringed a little on QC (but accepted) and when I had them in hand they were beautiful and could barely see any flaws.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
This sucks, and has happened to me. TD conveniently not receiving the rejection notice and shipping out without you confirming as well. No recourse, really - this is a grey market / illegal market product and not like dealing with Amazon. I wouldn't even mail the watch back to China, it may get lost or take months to receive back.

Your best bet is to just enjoy the watch as-is, or flip it here and buy the same watch from a different TD that takes more time with you (like Sead at Supermirrors for example).

Also, QC photos usually show the worst of the watch magnified 100x. I've bought watches that I cringed a little on QC (but accepted) and when I had them in hand they were beautiful and could barely see any flaws.

Yes I understand this and I am sorry it happened to you as well. I have bought so many things from this TD and it is disappointing they would do this. It could be a genuine mistake by them since they receive hundreds of emails a day.

However, I have lived and worked in China for so many years I know the bad side of business dealings as well. Anyway I sent them an email again saying they need to fix this problem by sending me QC pics of a new watch and when I approve the new ones I will send back the old watch at their expense. Let's see what they say to that.

Also I am waiting on five other watches from them that I ordered in the last three weeks. Still no QC for those.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yes I understand this and I am sorry it happened to you as well. I have bought so many things from this TD and it is disappointing they would do this. It could be a genuine mistake by them since they receive hundreds of emails a day.

However, I have lived and worked in China for so many years I know the bad side of business dealings as well. Anyway I sent them an email again saying they need to fix this problem by sending me QC pics of a new watch and when I approve the new ones I will send back the old watch at their expense. Let's see what they say to that.

Also I am waiting on five other watches from them that I ordered in the last three weeks. Still no QC for those.

To be honest I only used puretime for my first 2 purchases. I began trying other TDs and since then I’ve only once bought from puretime, which confirmed for me why I avoid using them:

They are slow with the whole process. They have limited payment options. And you get charged a lot of extra in conversion rate on your credit card (if you pay with credit card). Thirdly I don’t feel safe paying with credit card after reading some members experience and blocked my used credit card and got a new one.

Other than that. I must also say: Puretime is a respected TD here and I’m not talking them down. And I respect them and could use them from time to time if other options weren’t available. After all they are a big TD and many specially newcomers often use them. They are solid too and re-send a new watch in case of customs seizure.

My point being; every TD has it’s faults and it’s positive sides. In the end it’s like reps: which ones are we willing to accept.

And I am very sorry to hear this happened to you guys. But I’m sure once you see the watch you will enjoy it. Because it is totally different in the flesh than in the QC pictures. Because if the artificial lighting. As I told you yours bezel wasn’t bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLory

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks JM. I analyzed many of the QC pics and other members pics of their ZF RM, and it really seemed my bezel had some issues with discoloration. Perhaps you are right it will be different in real light but I definitely see a difference in QC pics from mine and other members.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Nice thread name change here :lol:

I haven't followed all the pages, but most of them, I've seen mention of the annoying stutter of the movement on that ZF v3 but I suppose on all version of the ZF claiming to have a Seiko NH05A in it.

According to my research, and sorry if this has been highlighted already (that's your one occasion to pound an admin for not reading the whole thread, so go ahead :D) : but this is not a Seiko NH05A.

The NH05A is a direct drive movement (no stutter) and also a hackable movement (unless I've been played, mine is not hacking, it's the latest ZF+ABD (not the intime exclusive) )

I would tend to believe that inside this is the Seiko 4205, the ancestor of the NH05A, which is known to stutter and don't hack but can be manually wound (the other candidates for the movement are a not matching either jewel count or manual wound capabilities)

The NH05A is a candidate to replace the existing stuttering one for those really too bothered by the current one, ample documentation online on the process, looks fairly simple for any watchmaker or even a talented amateur