• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I understand, so the movement is ideal for enabling factories to rep the skeletonised watch design.
A good compromise between reliability and aesthetics.

JM, in your opinion do you think this watch is NWBIG by this point? (The ZF and ABD v3 collab)
Cheers mate.

in my honest opinion, there is no such thing as NWBIG, I personally believe, all gen watch are worth to buy over reps

but if your deinitely of NWBIG is that regular people with nake eye cant tell the difference between gen and reps, yea i guess there are a couple watches in that category

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

Kastro26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
The ZF V3 is already using ABD's custom carbon case. Its stated on intime.. Not sure why it isnt stated as detailed on pure time.. If im nt wrong Intime will provide an ABD fully customized ZF V3 option in the near future. As far as i know.. This option is only available via intime.

Screenshot from Intime:

558b28fc58ff5d8182ea2493795cf290.jpg

Screenshot from Puretime:
6509b2ac73f8fe168db0e709e356da61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I understand, so the movement is ideal for enabling factories to rep the skeletonised watch design.
A good compromise between reliability and aesthetics.

JM, in your opinion do you think this watch is NWBIG by this point? (The ZF and ABD v3 collab)
Cheers mate.

I agree with the above comments. We need to evaluate it irl.

But if I were to give an assessment from the pictures and provided it is irl as in the pictures, it could become the best available RM. And that would be as good as it gets when we are talking RM.
It all depends on the bezels pattern, depth and color. It’s so easy for a RM rep to look like a cheap toy if the bezel doesn’t have the right depth.

Regarding NWBIG QueTip already answered that one.

In the forum here NWBIG < first-class NWBIG < “Super rep”.

The term NWBIG is used for a watch that basically is a “super rep on the wrist”. Like “when not looked at the movement” and when only very small flaws are there.

In that sense I don’t think so.

For that you need a watch with almost perfect case shape, measurements and material/finish has to come close to the gen with the naked eye.
Here you have a skeleton watch where movement can be seen behind. The balance wheel at 5 isn’t oscillating. The colours of some of the bridges and wheel are probably not correct.

But I’m excited because we potentially can have the best RM rep right now in this.

jaywatchman

31/7/20
I agree with the above comments. We need to evaluate it irl.

But if I were to give an assessment from the pictures and provided it is irl as in the pictures, it could become the best available RM. And that would be as good as it gets when we are talking RM.
It all depends on the bezels pattern, depth and color. It’s so easy for a RM rep to look like a cheap toy if the bezel doesn’t have the right depth.

Regarding NWBIG QueTip already answered that one.

In the forum here NWBIG < first-class NWBIG < “Super rep”.

The term NWBIG is used for a watch that basically is a “super rep on the wrist”. Like “when not looked at the movement” and when only very small flaws are there.

In that sense I don’t think so.

For that you need a watch with almost perfect case shape, measurements and material/finish has to come close to the gen with the naked eye.
Here you have a skeleton watch where movement can be seen behind. The balance wheel at 5 isn’t oscillating. The colours of some of the bridges and wheel are probably not correct.

But I’m excited because we potentially can have the best RM rep right now in this.

Awesome insight, likewise from everyone else who chimed in.
Regardless, I find this watch incredibly impressive when compared to its insanely priced gen counterpart.

Can't wait to see some photos and videos of the v3 on wrist!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
The new rm035-02 ZF v3 looks insanely close to the original when considering price, the only real let down for me is the movement.
It's not automatic, it's manual wound. It runs at 3hz, not the original 4hz. And the balance wheel on the 'dial' at 5 is fake and doesn't move.

These flaws aren't a deal breaker by any means, but I'm curious why they went with the NH05A. I don't recall ever seeing it in a rep watch before.
Is it reliable? Is there something unique about it that made it the choice of movement for some RM reps? What are the benefits?

The rep producers always surprise us, so maybe it's not crazy to assume they'll rep the movement one day.
But is it worth holding out a for?

The gen RM35-02 does in fact have an automatic movement. I think you're talking about the RM35-01, which has a manual wind movement and isn't what this rep is.

Reactions: SuperLory

jaywatchman

31/7/20
The gen RM35-02 does in fact have an automatic movement. I think you're talking about the RM35-01, which has a manual wind movement and isn't what this rep is.

I understand where you're coming from with the 035-01, but in actuality I misread the TD listing stating that the watch was a manual wind.
I think they were trying to say the barrels turn in the movement if you wind the watch.

Open question:
Aside from the movement balance wheel at 5 being a dud, are there any other clear tells with the 035-02 ZF v3?

Reactions: soubido

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
How i wish this statement was correct. But unfortunately ..

True, off course not all. Meant to say most can be :)

But just to clear the confusion that discussion lead to;

- The ZF RM 35-02 reps have an automatic Seiko movement, that can be manually wound.

Last edited: