• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
7d85a989a4f89a1de073ac4038efcb5c.jpg

Finally came in... with the jewel mod. My TD Lucy had it changed from her watchsmith. Rotor is a bit loud ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hanford

Horology Curious
10/6/20
[mention]majwilliams0308 [/mention] when did you buy yours? pattern looks better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FourthLetter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
I think its time to grab one of these. Need a new quarantine companion.

Just not sure if I should go for this or the new KVF RM011. But both look great with a black or red strap!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I think its time to grab one of these. Need a new quarantine companion.

Just not sure if I should go for this or the new KVF RM011. But both look great with a black or red strap!

The KVF looks like garbage no matter which color the strap got.

If you can live with ZF‘s flaws then there is no room for thoughts about the KVF... ZF is not perfect of course but much better in the over all construction, shape and build quality.

TheSociety

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS

If you can live with ZF‘s flaws then there is no room for thoughts about the KVF... ZF is not perfect of course but much better in the over all construction, shape and build quality.

None of the factories have it correct not even JBF’s tourbillon. But I agree with you that the ZF is probably the best one out of the bunch. But the issue is that anyone that knows RM will recognize that it’s not the NTPT carbon. Unfortunately the factories aren’t really providing us with much here. I appreciate ZF’s carbon case but it’s the completely wrong carbon :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I think it’s a good novelty piece to enjoy, surely the flaws are countless. But owning a 250k watch is out of the question. So enjoying this with happiness :)

Reactions: FourthLetter

FourthLetter

14/5/18

Hmm... I guess that's a good thing to consider when deciding, and I do believe I can live with the flaws of the ZF much more (did some obsessive researching on the KVF last night and it looks like the subdial at 9 o'clock is backwards on the 11-03). And I definitely want the one with the best build quality of the 2 watches.

None of the factories have it correct not even JBF’s tourbillon. But I agree with you that the ZF is probably the best one out of the bunch. But the issue is that anyone that knows RM will recognize that it’s not the NTPT carbon. Unfortunately the factories aren’t really providing us with much here. I appreciate ZF’s carbon case but it’s the completely wrong carbon :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll probably never encounter anyone with a gen RM, and if I begin mingling in those circles, I hope to be in a position to afford the gen by then lol. But the carbon pattern doesn't bother me much, I think between the ZF035 and the KVF011, the 35 may be the best option for me. I'm ready to have something a bit sportier and a rubber strap!

BIONONE

28/4/17
Hmm... I guess that's a good thing to consider when deciding, and I do believe I can live with the flaws of the ZF much more (did some obsessive researching on the KVF last night and it looks like the subdial at 9 o'clock is backwards on the 11-03). And I definitely want the one with the best build quality of the 2 watches.

believe me - the wrong sub dial is the least of the problems on the KVF - did you compare it side by side with a gen picture?

The whole shape is off, not curved enough, way too thick, way too big screws to hold the bezel, too small date numbers and of course the numbers on the sub dial - which are there due to the movement and its limitations.

FourthLetter

14/5/18
believe me - the wrong sub dial is the least of the problems on the KVF - did you compare it side by side with a gen picture?

The whole shape is off, not curved enough, way too thick, way too big screws to hold the bezel, too small date numbers and of course the numbers on the sub dial - which are there due to the movement and its limitations.

Thanks for the info, this is all great to know. I haven't really been bitten by the RM bug until recently, so most of my knowledge of flaws are in the rolex and patek realms. I did compare it with gen photo's but the incorrect sub dial is the biggest thing that screamed out to me when comparing. (And the fact that there are so many gen variations of the sub dials from rm011-01 to the 03)

I have a lot to learn when it comes to RM it sounds