• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

daceswithsheep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
London, UK
Really really difficult to tell without some real world photos outside ect. Something is off with the carbon but that could just be the lighting used to take the photos.????‍♂️.. since it’s a non functioning top plate anyway it should be quite easy to replace the widely used pink jewel bearing for a clear one if you can find them. I would give it a go if the carbon pattern turns out to be good in natural light.. V6 factory got it pretty good on the rm53 tourbillon they just released.. maybe they will be the answer.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
I am about to pay for it... I wish there was a video , so I could take a better look...
I dont know what to do, ill drink some vodka

PecMan

4/5/09
:punk:I guess ...vodka, no video needed.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Movement is not a Miyota 8215, it's a Seiko NH05A. Not that it changes much as it's still a cheap low-beat movement...

daceswithsheep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
London, UK
Video is up on puretime, carbon looks terrible to me.

absolutely terrible you're right.. TBH I think this is a total right off.. Size, Strap, Crystal & Crown yes yes.. Case is just a fail unfortunately. I think I will go Rm011 ceramic or that new rm053

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The video is doing the watch no favours at all! The quality is awful!

Awful watches anyway but the rep is a fail for ZF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bendori and XLR8R

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Buy the ZF, get the carbon modded by ABD. (I may be wrong but I believe he does the jewel mod as well) Big Brain actions

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Buy the ZF, get the carbon modded by ABD. (I may be wrong but I believe he does the jewel mod as well) Big Brain actions

My plan exactly, already checked with ABD and they can do bezel and jewel mod, will wait and see how it look OOTB first though!

DC

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
There are clear rubies for movement that can be sourced from DHGate other than that have you guys noticed that there are errors on carbon layering. Its clear in the seen PureTimes video and i think that they went with seiko movement rather than the miyota because of the thickness of the movement + deco atleast thats what i think about it. Overall ABD bezel + Jewel mod would be good for the watch but considering the price its price range this is a disappointing release from ZF. By the way bezel screws and movement screws have scratches and rust on it and there is blood? on the back of the movement that is a bad QC all of these things can be seen at PureTimes video.

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
hopefully the real strength sits there where the RM011 is made. At least they disassembled the gen to get it as good as possible which was not the case on the RM35 regarding the decoration.

And in the end brushed titanium, steel or plated metals are nothing new to ZF... The carbon was the trickiest part on this release.

From a closer look (besides the dust) the movement finish is a lot better than KVF or Z maker IMO - no fake screws, good graining, sunburst on the wheels at 12 o clock while other parts are bead blasted. They tried their best to keep us interested.

The RM project seems not dead for ZF and that's the positive part.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
hopefully the real strength sits there where the RM011 is made. At least they disassembled the gen to get it as good as possible which was not the case on the RM35 regarding the decoration.

And in the end brushed titanium, steel or plated metals are nothing new to ZF... The carbon was the trickiest part on this release.

From a closer look (besides the dust) the movement finish is a lot better than KVF or Z maker IMO - no fake screws, good graining, sunburst on the wheels at 12 o clock while other parts are bead blasted. They tried their best to keep us interested.

The RM project seems not dead for ZF and that's the positive part.

They tried their best of course no one is denying that and carbon layering errors can be tolerated because ZF is new at this but god damn that movement deco... I'm tempted to buy this watch but that deco just looks horrible i can't tolerate it but still heck of a watch.

BIONONE

28/4/17
They tried their best of course no one is denying that and carbon layering errors can be tolerated because ZF is new at this but god damn that movement deco... I'm tempted to buy this watch but that deco just looks horrible i can't tolerate it but still heck of a watch.

what exactly makes you think its horrible if i may ask?

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
what exactly makes you think its horrible if i may ask?

Compared to KVF deco looks like toy it lacks alot of details but it has better finishing .I just can't live with that decoration. I'm going to buy one when they update the decoration hopefully in V2 or V3

Last edited:

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17
Anyway even this new model has some big flaws like the rubies that are red instead of transparent and the deco the RMAL1 that is greysh instead of white

Reactions: XLR8R