• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Do you know what Seiko movement you think it is? Like I said, it’s a 28800 beat rate movement so it can’t be the Seiko NH45A. Was there another Seiko movement being used in the ZF RM?

To be honest im not quite sure. However, I do know the problem you mention is super common to all the seiko powered RM 35. Its a natural quirk at this point lol. If it is really bad my susgestion would be to have a look for someone that can service the watch and try the hack thats avaiable on the forums. Hope this helps.

Basetop

Horology Curious
29/5/22
Guys, i read a lot over here, but i can't find where i can order the latest type rm v4 :) can anyone help me out where i can order in trust :)

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I ordered a V4, waiting for QC pictures now. I have read through entire thread and can't seem to find a way to determine visually the difference between V3 and V4. I know the V2 and V1 had a red jewel which in V3 was changed to white like the gen. Now that it seems the V4 has a different movement behind the deco plate how can I check in the QC pictures if I am seeing a V4 and not V3?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I reread some posts again it seems I missed some things between V3 and V4. The V4 has a black gear at the 12 o'clock position whereas the V3 was silver. Also some have commented the case back is wider on the V4. When I get QC pictures I will post with questions about V4 to make sure I am receiving V4.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also appears the V4 has a smaller "RM35-02 RAFA" plate on the front dial than the V3.

reverendbeanz

Horology Curious
15/6/22
Are there any RM reps that have a real balance wheel on show?
I want some actual movement in the movement

rammeljoe

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
29/9/23

I bought an RM035-02 and find the watch really good, but the watch stops after about an hour after I wind it up.

I did a little reading and found out that there is a problem with the V3 models due to the Seiko movement.
Mine is supposed to be a v4 miyota.

I would be happy if there is a solution or if you can tell me whether it is really a v4. Would a “normal” watchmaker be able to do this?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
That is indeed the Miyota/Citizen movement, the balance staff jewel behind the deco balance wheel is the tell.

As for whether a watchmaker can fix it, most likely they can since it's a common movement, but you will need aftermarket tools and screwdrivers and you'll have to provide them to the watchmaker and probably do a good job of convincing them to open the case, but it can be done.

Reactions: rammeljoe