• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Teasing you guys.

The velcro strap is very close
e2fa7e14c619ecc54b1dcff9d56f4b4c.jpg
0887bdd6c9a65e007cb7bb2273150a48.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Which Velcro strap are you using to mod?!?

DC

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I'm not using any. I'm working on a full inhouse velcro without the need of any donor straps.

In the pictures you can see my strong nylon insert prototype.

any idea what velcro color strap your going to make first?

Reactions: Lariram

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
any idea what velcro color strap your going to make first?
Well, there is still a couple weeks to decide, as i have to go through at least 2-3 more gradual updates of the insert. Then i'll be making a string and velcro, it will likely be a red or black, actually for the first one i will be more concerned about the technical part ( construction, smooth transition from the case, ergonomics ... )

After the first couple of prototype straps i will start taking in orders for various styles and colors.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Finally joined the Z+F club...

9-D666-B17-FA15-476-B-8936-F21886-EEA76-A.jpg

First impressions... it’s tiny!!

I mean, relatively speaking. Obviously it’s not tiny compared to a Rolex or a Patek... but when you’re used to Richard Mille reps and how chunky and boxy they often are, you expect a certain amount of heft and volume to it, and it’s not bulky or chunky at all. It’s almost thin!!!

Very happy RM fan right here.

DC

Man.. that is pure sex right there. How is the white strap holding up against dirt/marks?

Reactions: Noobguy

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
He has prominent followers. Was he scammed or does he just consider the ZF accurate enough to just wing it?

He is intentionally passing reps off as gen, he and his brother Matt

Reactions: XLR8R

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
He is intentionally passing reps off as gen, he and his brother Matt

Quite bold to do so on social media. And tagging "richardmilleofficial" is just asking for it. He should have at least waited for an improved bezel from ZF.

But it would be hypocritical for many of us (I would imagine) to give this guy any flack about passing off a rep as gen. I've seen other RWI members' Instagram accounts and many of them post pics of their reps too, just without any tags.

So I guess the line is drawn with the obnoxious tagging?

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
A few notable watch collectors that I follow actually follow him and liked his pictures. I'm wondering if they're completely oblivious that they're reps :megalol: ...which is also maybe the reason why he's bold enough to actually tag those brands.

He sure flaunts them like they're gen lol.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
A few notable watch collectors that I follow actually follow him and liked his pictures. I'm wondering if they're completely oblivious that they're reps :megalol: ...which is also maybe the reason why he's bold enough to actually tag those brands.

He sure flaunts them like they're gen lol.

well there you go; ZF owners, wear your RM035-02 with confidence

if ZF even reduces the contrast from the lighter patterns to the darker pattern--if they made it gradual so it were gradient with layers for a v2, that'd be a massive improvement

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Quite bold to do so on social media. And tagging "richardmilleofficial" is just asking for it. He should have at least waited for an improved bezel from ZF.

But it would be hypocritical for many of us (I would imagine) to give this guy any flack about passing off a rep as gen. I've seen other RWI members' Instagram accounts and many of them post pics of their reps too, just without any tags.

So I guess the line is drawn with the obnoxious tagging?

I don't really care personally, but it takes a certain type of person to do shit like that. It really doesn't matter if he tags RM or not. It's not like they will ever see it, and they should immediately notice that its not an RM off the bat. The Z+F has never looked like a gen RM to me, the ADB is more convincing other than the inaccurate proportions.

Reactions: littowun

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I don't really care personally, but it takes a certain type of person to do shit like that. It really doesn't matter if he tags RM or not. It's not like they will ever see it, and they should immediately notice that its not an RM off the bat. The Z+F has never looked like a gen RM to me, the ADB is more convincing other than the inaccurate proportions.

cool cool

funny you mention ABD, after all the posts I made about Aurasash, which I think were a net positive for him, he's even back to being a regular member now, he blocked me from viewing his Moments on Wechat :megalol:

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Looks like this one is finally nice enough to get one. What happened to the red Velcro straps? I don’t see anyone selling them anymore ???? what do I need to do to get one for this model?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I bought my ZF with an extra crown guard rubber in black. I want to change it. Has anyone done it who care to share how to do it?

Thanks people.