• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
They just swapped them on the case, the crown rubber and straps have been available for months now.

Reactions: Richidh

daceswithsheep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
London, UK
But on the white model, zebra pattern returned if so.sigh...

It’s not that it’s returned it’s just the way this one has been cut and polished. every one has a slightly different finish and appearance so it’s a gamble if you get one you like the look of. The main reason for the bezel looking like this is the way they are constructed. Very thin layers of carbon sheeting on top of one another. Then the block is shaped into the case, bezel and back plate. I haven’t figured out yet how they get the mottled affect on the gens. With the FC AP’s they use carbon sheets cut up into small strips or squares to obtain the same affect. Maybe they need to make a top couple layers of the strips then run the full layers over the top and that would give you the same affect. :idontno:

Reactions: vcappp

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
It’s not that it’s returned it’s just the way this one has been cut and polished. every one has a slightly different finish and appearance so it’s a gamble if you get one you like the look of. The main reason for the bezel looking like this is the way they are constructed. Very thin layers of carbon sheeting on top of one another. Then the block is shaped into the case, bezel and back plate. I haven’t figured out yet how they get the mottled affect on the gens. With the FC AP’s they use carbon sheets cut up into small strips or squares to obtain the same affect. Maybe they need to make a top couple layers of the strips then run the full layers over the top and that would give you the same affect. :idontno:

because someone said the were going to improve the carbon in the next batch. Then the new one came with slightly better pattern so i thought, thats promising.

daceswithsheep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
London, UK
because someone said the were going to improve the carbon in the next batch. Then the new one came with slightly better pattern so i thought, thats promising.

Ah yes.. I think they will improve it over time but all PureTime have done is just give you an easier way of buying the colour combo you want.. it’s still the same version I believe. I’ve looked into how you would mod this and it’s a really tricky and messy(covered in black dust that you can’t get rid of) process. Theoretically you could make a mould out of the ZF bezel and the make your own bezel with strips of carbon and resin. but the sanding and polishing really is a total bitch to do.. so I will wait to see what the V2 comes out with..

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
Can someone link me to a RM lug screwdriver that works for the ZF rep? I bought one off eBay and it's too fat to even fit into the holes that the screws are sunk into.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Qc#2 fyi
Anyone had issues with the damaged screws?
Look at 1, 8, 9, 10 o clock.
2a699ec3945f50bb52e1e8cd44f1994f.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Qc#2 fyi
Anyone had issues with the damaged screws?
Look at 1, 8, 9, 10 o clock.
2a699ec3945f50bb52e1e8cd44f1994f.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

No but rep screws are tin foil as we all know... I had a bit of carbon over a screw but I can easily fix that with a tweezer. The screws on mine are fine. You selling me that Hublot carbon bro? Lol

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I still can’t even get a response to an email from Puretime, seriously their customer service is shocking, they are just ignoring me!!

DC

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I still can’t even get a response to an email from Puretime, seriously their customer service is shocking, they are just ignoring me!!

DC

Odd they email me back every day lol sales you using?