• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
not sure. saw this on wechat, asked him if he could get his hands on it and he said yes. hence sharing it here.

Didn‘t want to come across harsh towards your contribution mate - appreciate the insights the normal RWI user could not get if he is not in touch with ABD.

Thanks in this regard - i was just being a sceptic again.
And that is highly recommended when it comes to „new“ modders or vendors that are not really approved by the forum.

back in the day we had someone who did various sorts of mods to watches that not many were abled to do - and he sold his parts and even whole watch assemblies - and while it all sounded too good to be true he became trusted vendor on here - he proved his craftsmanship and then one day vanished away with the money and watches of many members.

That is one of the reasons the RWI veterans are sensitive when it comes to this topic.

Reactions: Kastro26

Kastro26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
Didn‘t want to come across harsh towards your contribution mate - appreciate the insights the normal RWI user could not get if he is not in touch with ABD.

Thanks in this regard - i was just being a sceptic again.
And that is highly recommended when it comes to „new“ modders or vendors that are not really approved by the forum.

back in the day we had someone who did various sorts of mods to watches that not many were abled to do - and he sold his parts and even whole watch assemblies - and while it all sounded too good to be true he became trusted vendor on here - he proved his craftsmanship and then one day vanished away with the money and watches of many members.

That is one of the reasons the RWI veterans are sensitive when it comes to this topic.

Now worries man and thank you for clarifying the issue regarding it. I do understand the concerns regarding new modders and vendors who come on to the forums. It sucks when people misuse the trust that people put onto them.. I did however ordered a watch by ABD thats currently otw. will see how it goes.

The ZF dimensions are tempting... but looking at the pattern.. and especially the color of the case, it looks a bit too white compared to GEN which has a more greyish note towards it.

Looking at WeChat, it seems like that bezel might be a prototype bezel made by ABD. why is it beside a ZF? I have no clue either. hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
The only thing that can be done to the ZF carbon plates is making it more shiny by polishing it. In order to get the same results as Z maker (more ''flakes'' or marbeling) is to make new carbon plates unfortunately.

So couple choices here:

-Let it be and accept the carbon isnt gen like
-Make it more shiny, but not more gen like
-Wait for V2
-Go Z maker if carbon and deco is important to you

No need to go ABD as they simply polish the Z maker bezels and dont produce them. The jewelmod is nice, but any skilled modder can do these things for less here on the board including polishing.

Last edited:

TheDonSL

28/12/13
After seeing the crystal and case size on the ZF, I wouldn’t be happy with any modded ABD watch because the crystal would still look like a foggy canal street rep and the case way too large. To each his own, but I think the ZF is the best at the moment. When they improve it I will buy V2 and sell this one to my buddy who is going crazy for it.

just look at the photos on the sites, the crystals are terrible on all KVF as well as the so called Z maker. I have 2 KVFs currently and the crystal is the worst crystal in the industry I have seen compared to any stock Rolex, AP, etc from any factory.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Dont know what this picture is really about - but the bezel to the right looks like garbage.

the dimensions and the shape are horrible. Holes too wide etc.

what‘s the purpose of showing it together with the ZF stock?

yeah you got a bit of marbling going on but soon notice the wavy patterns that occur when pouring multi colored resin.

he should show us a picture of a modded ZF.

and regarding his credibility of reaching out to ZF - i highly doubt it as he is a small one man business and also a non TD of mine isn‘t abled to order the ZF...

ABD is most likely also just a PT customer that sells his secret connection for top dollar if you ask him.
nothing against his Z-maker modding - it‘s outstanding.

He advised me that he didn’t have to wait for QC as his guys are there every day so they just pick and choose the ones they want. I mean frankly at this stage who knows how all this works? My dealer who I have used and trusted for years was told by his guy that they could get it and that turned out to be untrue, can’t blame the TD for information they’re given incorrectly, it’s a shady game I guess. But does seem odd if none of our TDS can get it accept PT but ABD manage to lay their hands on it!

DC

Last edited:

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
After seeing the crystal and case size on the ZF, I wouldn’t be happy with any modded ABD watch because the crystal would still look like a foggy canal street rep and the case way too large. To each his own, but I think the ZF is the best at the moment. When they improve it I will buy V2 and sell this one to my buddy who is going crazy for it.

just look at the photos on the sites, the crystals are terrible on all KVF as well as the so called Z maker. I have 2 KVFs currently and the crystal is the worst crystal in the industry I have seen compared to any stock Rolex, AP, etc from any factory.

Yup for me all aspects are important. So i will wait for the V2. And if they manage to fuck up V2 i will wait for V3 lol. One watch has to go into my collection and that is the 001. ;)

Reactions: TheDonSL

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Same here. Ill personally wait for a V2 or even a V3 before getting a ZF. till then... lets hope they do a way better job :x

Really liking that 001 tourbillon, so think thats going to be the first one coming in. as said before i would also vouch for a proper 055!!

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I’m tempted to buy the EURF skull, but that crystal sucks amongst the rest of the flaws. Common ZF lets get this party started!!! I just bought another watch box ready to fill with RMs lol

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I would reject this one. Big money deserves more accurary in that pattern.

If you guys start rejecting QC for those kind of normal things into a forged material, you'll ruin the whole QC thing, remember that at one time, there was no QC pics in the rep world, and it's becoming increasingly difficult for TDs to deal with all the nitpicking rejection, be careful to not ruin the whole game because of few little normal detail like that, especially with the pic the good _DC_ shown of a gen !

I get you want to spend your money right, but it's still a replica !

As for ABD being a TD or not thats up to an individual to decide if they want to do business with said party or not.. I personally use TrustyTime instead of PT and TT isnt a TD here.

It's indeed to the individual to decide, but ABD have some shitty business practice and we don't want any promotion of their activity here, not at all, I should even remove the pics with their big bulky name on it but I won't
No links or means to contact them shall be posted on the board. If someone is foolish enough to work with them and is so desperate to get their info, deal with that in PMs
There's not a gruge with a kid here, they are a not safe to use even though people used them safely in the past, if they are not a TD or SV it's for a reason (multiple reason even)

End of the drift, carry on with this great thread :)

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
Anyways, the ZF 035 is great in terms of thickness and close to gen specs. Whiteness is an issue any gen owners can tell you not folks who only look at photos.

Bezel mod should be doable. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I’m tempted to buy the EURF skull, but that crystal sucks amongst the rest of the flaws. Common ZF lets get this party started!!! I just bought another watch box ready to fill with RMs lol

The other problem with it is that it is huge! It’s strange because the RM027, while inaccurate, is really compact! Same movement, you gotta wonder why the size difference?!

DC

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
He advised me that he didn’t have to wait for QC as his guys are there every day so they just pick and choose the ones they want. I mean frankly at this stage who knows how all this works? My dealer who I have used and trusted for years was told by his guy that they could get it and that turned out to be untrue, can’t blame the TD for information they’re given incorrectly, it’s a shady game I guess.

DC

Because it's 2019, here are the usual disclaimers: Buyer Beware; do your own due diligence, blah blah. Always use a TD. But...what if the TDs start taking you for granted and start giving you worse and worse service? Every TD is a superstar in the beginning, but the service quickly begins to degrade over time, no matter how much $$ I throw at them or how polite I am.

After seeing this behavior, I became quite jaded. Why bother being loyal? I can have a "new customer" experience every time, which is apparently far, far, far superior to the "old, loyal, taken-for-granted customer experience".

So now, I don't even look at anyone like a "TD" anymore. Everyone is just my personal shopper. If you have WeChat, you know what I mean. There are literally hundreds of folks dying to personally shop for you and can source you literally anything you want. If you want to pay 30% more on average--more if you are a PayPal die-hard, of course, you should stick with the value proposition of the RWI TD, they have de-risked the scenario quite a bit.

If you want to ride with training-wheels, then you just gotta wait. If you take off the training wheels, you may definitely scrape your knee a couple times, but many doors open.

But does seem odd if none of our TDS can get it accept PT but ABD manage to lay their hands on it!

DC

My experience below is factual but anecdotal regarding he-who-shall-not-be-named, hereinafter, ("Voldemort").
  • JTime could not get me the EURF RM027 even though JTime said it was "in stock" before I sent the funds. After roughly one month of waiting, I asked for a refund. Due to transaction fees, I lost $$. During this entire time, Voldemort told me he could get it. Why not, my RM-035-02 came safely. And then it was in my hands literally 5 days later.
  • None of the TDs could get the JBF RM001 during the period I inquired. Guess who could get it?
  • I have over $10k in transactions with Voldemort. At one point $6k pending over various items and Voldemort could have easily abracadabra with my money.
As we all know, if you have a bad experience with a TD, there isn't always a happy ending either. Unless you hit narrative just right and get a few posts on your side quickly, the narrative can shift just as quickly if a neighborhood bully decides to take you down, like Tucker, for example.

Many folks don't like PureTime's Bitcoin refund policy. If you give them 1 bitcoin for a watch, but a month later, watch is "pre-order", they will refund you 0.5 bitcoin if that's the USD equivalent at the time. A RWI member complained about this, and the admins said PT simply converted to USD immediately. That made sense to me at the time. But after going through the process, PT shared a screenshot showing they had around 70, iirc, bitcoins in their wallet. So they are definitely hoarding Bitcoin. No excuse to shortchange us like this, and imo, quite, quite shady.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
In photoshop, I have darkened the actual Seiko movement to black, on the wrist, this gives a much more gen like appearance. If the factories would do this fairly simple process I think this would make a pretty good mod - DLC would be best and I do realise there would be an extra cost. Mind you if just getting the pink jewel changed to a clear one is so difficult then this could probably never happen!!!

Let me know what you think.

RM-35-02-Black-Movement.jpg

Last edited:

asuwere

2/6/19
In photoshop, I have darkened the actual Seiko movement to black, on the wrist, this gives a much more gen like appearance. If the factories would do this fairly simple process I think this would make a pretty good mod - DLC would be best and I do realise there would be an extra cost. Mind you if just getting the pink jewel changed to a clear one is so difficult then this could probably never happen!!!

Good idea, I like it. I've done something similar with a rep and it turned out well.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
And you’re another one that’s so sure we don’t produce them? You live next to me to know? ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the game, dont start on that with me. So when are you guys going to release the proper carbon zf plates then? As you guys said they cant be modded. Better jump in with your plates then...

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

RM-35-02-Black-Movement.jpg

Thats a better look indeed! Shouldnt be an issue to treat the topplate with a black plating.