• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

daceswithsheep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
London, UK
_DC_ Does seam a shame to be rude to someone for giving it a go so the rest of us can hopefully see what it’s really gonna be like. Hopefully _DC_ can give us a little look at it a a little review then he gets it.

Reactions: soubido

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
That Kobe guy is just starting BS. Since last time he post a gen IWC bronze Chrono sec at 6, and lie about this is the ZF 1:1.
and then the final product come out is sec at 3, and totally different then the pic he wast post about. Totally BS.
And in this link , he said even you bought the watch is worth it, because the rubber strap is like gen, and you may sale like gen price just on rubber strap. Fack yet.. do not trust this Kobe BS guy.

who are you again? Which contribution or valuable role do you play?

I am sorry i forgot... or didn't even know it in the first place... i assume because there is nothing.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Back on track now everyone. I don’t want to see any more personal attacks in here, unless signed off by me :lol:

PecMan

4/5/09
Guys... I went ABD , whenever I get IT, the last thing to do Will be Steve's AR

Reactions: Aurasash

PecMan

4/5/09
Guys... I went ABD , whenever I get IT, the last thing to do Will be Steve's AR

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
_DC_ Does seam a shame to be rude to someone for giving it a go so the rest of us can hopefully see what it’s really gonna be like. Hopefully _DC_ can give us a little look at it a a little review then he gets it.

For sure, you know when it arrives I’ll give the low down!

Waiting to see if ABD can mod the bezel, they haven’t had a sample yet themselves so it’s hard to know what the layering is like and whether it can be worked on to give a gen like finish, but early indications are that it looks to be similar to KVF which they can mod. To be fair I know from previous experience that the carbon pattern is not as pronounced in person as it appears in photos. The KVF zig zag looked terrible in photo but wasn’t as noticeable on the wrist... hoping this is the same, but it’s still an improvement over KVF in my opinion!

DC

vikkyrob

22/4/08
Do you think the AR looks gen like or would you consider aftermarket AR?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Do you think the AR looks gen like or would you consider aftermarket AR?

Funilly enough I did a little comparison diptic before RWI crashed...

Top Left = KVF
Top Right = Gen
Bottom Left = ZF
Bottom Right = NT

0-B0-EA4-E0-64-C7-413-E-AFDE-B1-F0-F5-F20-B44.jpg

Firstly I think this illustrates that the deco on the ZF is not as bad as everyone is making out, not quite as good as KVF but definitely better than NT.

Secondly ZF is the only one to have decent AR, based on the fact all these rep pics are from Puretime website so assume same camera, making it a fairly fair comparison!

DC

Last edited:

vikkyrob

22/4/08
I have ordered mine and just waiting for QC pictures to arrive. I am actually pretty excited about my first RM. It is not perfect but this is one of the first RMs where I think the case depth is more acceptable, hopefully with a decent carbon case and ???????? reasonable AR. I will take my chances and hope the quality of the movement is more pleasant in the flesh than in the close up video!!

Photos to follow.

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
Took a look at the watch the other day. Carbon is not good.

No shimmering parts and feels too smooth. From the lowest to highest grade of RMs ABD had tried the modding process on and some cannot be done for instance the red carbon version.

Of course we hope this new ZF bezel can be modded so that it’s not another painstaking wait for all the enthusiastic fans but if it’s not doable, you’ll have to consider if the face/bezel of the watch is a priority as compared to the other enhancements. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
Looking forward to the metal/ceramic references that are now possible as they have the case shape and stunning crystal quality (judging from pictures of course)

only thing to follow is a better movement then i think we will get as close as possible to the 100.000$ (upwards) equivalents.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I like to be jerk and asshole, because like saying the truth people don't like to hear about. One final thing I wanna to said is some factory (like ZF and KVF) they like to make v1 V2 then more something like that, because buyer like you guys don't care about and let the factory to think we are idiot will just buy it no matter what, so they business strategy always keep like that. NEVER DID THE BEST FIRST, and I just hate that. And keep brain washed you. Lol

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I like to be jerk and asshole, because like saying the truth people don't like to hear about. One final thing I wanna to said is some factory (like ZF and KVF) they like to make v1 V2 then more something like that, because buyer like you guys don't care about and let the factory to think we are idiot will just buy it no matter what, so they business strategy always keep like that. NEVER DID THE BEST FIRST, and I just hate that. And keep brain washed you. Lol

I don't mean to be totally different, but it seems recently ZF has been pumping out near perfect Patek replicas that really don't need a V2, and they have been making a ton of money as a result. The 5296 series, Calatrava series, Aquanaut series (they have not updated the minor 5167 dial flaw and they are still regarded as the best), and the list goes on with their recent IWC releases too.

I don't think ZF necessarily purposely had a phase out schedule, I think they spent a lot of time and money on development and rushed the movement because (1) they had a ton of prototypes already and wanted to get something to market and (2) needed to see how interested the RM replica market was. They did the same with the Aquanaut for Patek. I think we can hope for better and better releases, but I highly doubt we will be getting movement improvements just based on ZF's current model.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

You are really a jerk.

PecMan

4/5/09
A lot of people on the net can be rude, because they are behind a screen , IT never happened to me (face to face). If the Jerk was having a conversation face to face, he would not be rude, that is how IT works.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
For sure, you know when it arrives I’ll give the low down!

Waiting to see if ABD can mod the bezel, they haven’t had a sample yet themselves so it’s hard to know what the layering is like and whether it can be worked on to give a gen like finish, but early indications are that it looks to be similar to KVF which they can mod. To be fair I know from previous experience that the carbon pattern is not as pronounced in person as it appears in photos. The KVF zig zag looked terrible in photo but wasn’t as noticeable on the wrist... hoping this is the same, but it’s still an improvement over KVF in my opinion!

DC

The watch we are being shown is the sample watch, the production hopefully will be better, however I too am nervous about the carbon pattern on the ZF. The pattern on the cheaper Z maker looks better to me or am I crazy?

The ZF case thickness and crown, etc all look better though. Wish we could get a sunlight photo!

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Took a look at the watch the other day. Carbon is not good.

No shimmering parts and feels too smooth. From the lowest to highest grade of RMs ABD had tried the modding process on and some cannot be done for instance the red carbon version.

Of course we hope this new ZF bezel can be modded so that it’s not another painstaking wait for all the enthusiastic fans but if it’s not doable, you’ll have to consider if the face/bezel of the watch is a priority as compared to the other enhancements. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You saw the ZF in person? Did you see it in sunlight? The carbon is that bad?