• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Received mine today and have to admit the pattern/overall quality is OK but not great! Wears good at 14.2mm thickness, too much more would look pretty ridiculous I guess. Have the RM001 incoming too so my hopes are on that one.

SMP_lover what kind of tool is needed to change the strap?

Last edited:

johnying

15/1/14
Revolper just saw your wrist shots as well. What size is your wrist? And what I guess was your most nagging point on this say once you got it vs your expectation? In a position that I'm thinking whether to wait for the v2 or go with this one and change straps to Velcro.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Revolper just saw your wrist shots as well. What size is your wrist? And what I guess was your most nagging point on this say once you got it vs your expectation? In a position that I'm thinking whether to wait for the v2 or go with this one and change straps to Velcro.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

My wrist is 17cm in circumference.

TBH I didn’t expect too much. I know next to nothing about RM reps but was curious enough to order some. Biggest turn off has to be the pattern although it’s not as bad as some suggest (imho). I was also considering an ABD modded 035 but ultimately wasn’t able to build enough trust to finalize an order. That said I‘m sure their end product is better than ZF, whatever it is.

Waiting for a v2? There’s always a next version. Why not wait for v3. Those aren’t Noob submariners, you’ll never know when/if it will come out.

Vics Velcro’s look nice, if I keep the watch I’ll get one for sure.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

andre233

1/8/13
I'm waiting for a V2 and a velcro strap. Had my share of replica rubber straps and one way or another they all rip after a few months/years. I also like the velcro. Tried a gen one a few months ago and it looks like you're not wearing anything at all. I know the rep won't be as light, but still...

APboyboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17

Is the new version that we are waiting for? ZF claims that they managed to rep the RM RMUL3 movement

Reactions: C.gjinika

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
If you understand „throwing some deco plates on a seiko movement and call it a repped RMUL3“ by repping the gen movement then yes they managed that :D

otherwise it looks pretty much the same like the first one that was already released...

daceswithsheep

15/4/19
London, UK
Yep looks the exact same as the V1.. nothing has been cloned the movement. you can tell because behind the balance spring(where the stupid pink jewel is) should be totally see through. you can definitely see whatever movement(the seiko I think) is hiding behind there.

case & bezel look totally identical sadly

APboyboy

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
I am not an expert in the movement and unfortunately, the description is in chinese. It said something like the two wheels will rotate against one and another.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I am not an expert in the movement and unfortunately, the description is in chinese. It said something like the two wheels will rotate against one and another.

yes that is true based on the shared experience of some members the wheels at 11/12 o‘clock turn while setting the time or winding the watch - don‘t remember exactly.

Don‘t know if that makes the visible movement underneath Less obvious or not lol

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
yes that is true based on the shared experience of some members the wheels at 11/12 o‘clock turn while setting the time or winding the watch - don‘t remember exactly.

Don‘t know if that makes the visible movement underneath Less obvious or not lol

That's correct. The 2 bigger wheels turn when setting the time. Obviously no clone. The case next to the assembled watch looks better though.

BIONONE

28/4/17
That's correct. The 2 bigger wheels turn when setting the time. Obviously no clone. The case next to the assembled watch looks better though.

thanks for the clarification.

The piece on the left is the mid case without the bezel... unfortunately. However i assume the sparkling of the gen is also missing on this part as the material is not quite similar...

Reactions: Revolper

Timrm

24/4/18
So the pics aren’t the V2 ? But anyway I wonder why the case on the left corner looks wayyyy better then the other ones in the pic. Is it a updated case ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

BIONONE

28/4/17
So the pics aren’t the V2 ? But anyway I wonder why the case on the left corner looks wayyyy better then the other ones in the pic. Is it a updated case ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

see my post above yours - it is the midcase and the layering of carbon sheets is different as they are glued horizontally on top of each other.

Different than on the bezel whereas the sheets are curved while being layered - thus creating a different angle when milling the correct curvature before polishing the cut ends of the carbon fibers which result in a reflection of light in various ways - as the gen NTPT is layered with even thinner carbon prepreg sheets and with an angle of 45° per layer there will occur a better sparkling effect than on the ZF as it seems that they only used two angles and thicker layers - some insider voices of the underground even said that it isn‘t even real carbon - but i dont know what to think about this as i am by far no carbon expert.

andre233

1/8/13
They just release the RM035 V1 to market...

They are probably waiting for the V1 stocks to run out... out of curiosity, does anyone know how many watches are generally produced in these first batches? Obviously the numbers for subs and daytonas are probably way higher than for RMs...

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
They are probably waiting for the V1 stocks to run out... out of curiosity, does anyone know how many watches are generally produced in these first batches? Obviously the numbers for subs and daytonas are probably way higher than for RMs...

I heard they made 2,000 pieces, LOL