• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Starting to be pretty glad I got mine when I did!!! Although it would be good to see a V2 come out with improvements!!

DC

It's a bit weird though, if they're pulling it back and release a V2 in less than 4 months. But off course there is a lot of room for improvement. The bezel should've been better and decoration on movement could also, as there should've been a transparent jewel. Fixable issues. But i think they know these flaws are affecting sales. And KVF came out with a new version so maybe therefore they are moving faster.

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
It's a bit weird though, if they're pulling it back and release a V2 in less than 4 months. But off course there is a lot of room for improvement. The bezel should've been better and decoration on movement could also, as there should've been a transparent jewel. Fixable issues. But i think they know these flaws are affecting sales. And KVF came out with a new version so maybe therefore they are moving faster.

Even with the flaws in the ZF the new KVF still isn’t in the same league. I can’t see that KVF have really updated much, the bezel shape looks a little different and the pattern is better I guess, but still not right. And that side profile :sick-1:!!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Even with the flaws in the ZF the new KVF still isn’t in the same league. I can’t see that KVF have really updated much, the bezel shape looks a little different and the pattern is better I guess, but still not right. And that side profile :sick-1:!!

DC

I agree. But what i meant was, that KVF releasing a new version puts pressure on ZF. Maybe therefore they are releasing so shortly after. Which they normally don't do.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
The info I have is 3+ months old (from mid/late September) and obviously hearsay just like everything else. Apparently only 250 pieces? 400? I can't recall exactly, of the ZF were made. There were movement problems which caused an initial delay. They shopped it around for someone to buy their entire first production run for lump sum (which I won't disclose) so they could move onto their next project but eventually they had to go back and fix all the watches.

Apparently, they will go back and make a v2 but there they are in no rush. Making too much money off their straps or something.

Back then, I was the one who encouraged Li from JTime to look into this ZF product. He was very doubtful of the interest, wasn't into RMs, and was initially very reluctant to look into it. Hope he made a few sales and it was worth his while.

a.png

b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I already telling you guys, the ZF are wast time and money to make BS rm-035 and skull rm-052. Because those are look like junk to me. Why some of you guys have too much money to wast over $700 to buy with wrong carbon Patten and non working open balance work, it's just BS same as KVF one but double cost the money. Lol

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I already telling you guys, the ZF are wast time and money to make BS rm-035 and skull rm-052. Because those are look like junk to me. Why some of you guys have too much money to wast over $700 to buy with wrong carbon Patten and non working open balance work, it's just BS same as KVF one but double cost the money. Lol

They may look like junk to you, but they are no question the best RM035 rep so far, so for us who love the RM035 they were the best and really the only option (let’s not even talk about ABD). And everyone who got one, myself included, has said they are great... so what do you know?!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Mate i've been reading the RM section for the past couple of weeks. No one following the RM section has any doubt on your stand on ZF RM's, so there really isn't any point in repeating it all the time. It only derails threads. It would be much appreciated though, if you did a review or came with factual reasoning instead.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
my pleasure. I also had a TD previously tell me that he couldn't get it due to QC problems so I was surprised when Puretime came through, to be honest.

My TD told me he can get a watch for me from the current stock or I can wait for the V2. Difficult choice hehe.

Kastro26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
They may look like junk to you, but they are no question the best RM035 rep so far, so for us who love the RM035 they were the best and really the only option (let’s not even talk about ABD). And everyone who got one, myself included, has said they are great... so what do you know?!

DC

To be fair if youre talking about out of the box reps then yes, ZF has the best to gen dimensions. But if youre looking for a modded RM then ABD is the way to go tbh. Custom carbon case + bezel + sapphire + deco mods.. cant really deny that their pieces are hella sexy.

Ive also heard of words going around that ZF’s mid case isnt carbon. Idk how true this is as usual..

But a V2 from ZF would be nice and tbh im more keen on seeing their rm11 since they have the gen as a base to rep off. Till then, lets hope the wait wont be too long. Its already been like 2? Maybe 3 years? Lost track of how long already wahahaha.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
To be fair if youre talking about out of the box reps then yes, ZF has the best to gen dimensions. But if youre looking for a modded RM then ABD is the way to go tbh. Custom carbon case + bezel + sapphire + deco mods.. cant really deny that their pieces are hella sexy.

Ive also heard of words going around that ZF’s mid case isnt carbon. Idk how true this is as usual..

But a V2 from ZF would be nice and tbh im more keen on seeing their rm11 since they have the gen as a base to rep off. Till then, lets hope the wait wont be too long. Its already been like 2? Maybe 3 years? Lost track of how long already wahahaha.

ABD don’t make a carbon case, if they’re offering an RM035 with a full carbon case then it must be a modded Z+F (there is a picture of a Z+F on their Instagram page so assume they have been able to mod it after all their comments about it being rubbish, they’re now selling it themselves... I hate to think what they’re charging for it). All other RM035 reps including the ABD modded Z factory have metal mid case and the overall proportions and profile are way off, so definitely not worth shelling out circa $1,000 on IMO unless carbon pattern is all you care about. Believe me, in person the carbon pattern is not as big an issue as the overall shape, case thickness and bezel thickness.

The mid case of the Z+F is definitely made out of a layered carbon like material. If it’s not carbon then I’ve no idea what it is, but it looks like carbon and is extremely light. I’d say it’s almost certainly carbon, for sure it is not just decorated with grooves like the KVF, you can clearly see the layers!

DC

Reactions: Lariram

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
To be fair if youre talking about out of the box reps then yes, ZF has the best to gen dimensions. But if youre looking for a modded RM then ABD is the way to go tbh. Custom carbon case + bezel + sapphire + deco mods.. cant really deny that their pieces are hella sexy

They really look stunning. Cant argue about that. Only thing why I cant convince myself to buy an ABD is the size. 15.66mm. I dont see myself with a shrine on the wrist! It looks very big even on people with bigger wrists than mine.

Let's see if ZF does the bezel better in the V2 and change the pink jewel to a clear one. That would be enough for me really.

Kastro26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
Apparently its whole ZF watch isnt carbon not just the mid case. My bad on that.

Regarding the RM35s from ABD, Its defo not a Z+F as well as its not Z case as well. Color is 100% diff from both factories. Having it on my wrist right now. I can tell u 100% it aint a modded Z+F lol. Nor is the ABD's case remotely like the orignial Z factory one as well.

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Sorry apparently its not only the mid case but the whole watch isnt carbon ..

Says who? What are you basing that on?

If it’s not carbon then it’s some sort of magic lightweight layered plastic... I think someone is telling you nonsense!

To be fair my white gold Rolex is made of steel but I don’t care, it looks right. Similarly if the Z+F isn’t carbon then it looks like it is, so does it matter?!

DC