• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Guys, could you please confirm the right diameter of the screwdriver fitting for the bezel and the strap found on ebay.
2.7 or 2.3?
A recommendation on one piece already bought and with a decent built would also be appreciated ;)

I bough one for the strap on ebay and the outer diameter was too big, i have sanded it down and it worked although it got pretty thin and so i'm afraid one of those 4 teeth may break, but then it gives me prorps to use it carefully and so the possibility to mess up the screws also decreases

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Does anyone have what the beat error on there's was? Got QC pics today and the s/d was -1.1 but the ms was 4.8, When I researched it seems that it's abnormally high. I contacted Puretime and they said they would look into it and get back to me. Just wanted to see if that's normal cause of how the movement was rearranged. Thanks

I had the stuttering second hand the first day of use right after taking it out of the package, but then it has somehow cured itself the next day and is going strong for the 6th day straight.

Last edited:

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I had the stuttering second hand the first day of use right after tacking out of the package, but then it has somehow cured itself the next day and is going strong for the 6th day straight.

Thanks for the clarification, I'm still waiting for puretime to get back to me on an update. Its been a few days but I imagine I won't get an answer till after new years. Everything I've researched since then suggests its a faulty movement with a beat rate that high even for rep standards.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Where did u read that?
as in it’s a faulty movement

when I was trying to get a baseline for what a beat rate should be, 0.0-0.5 ms was considered amazing for any watch standard reps included, 0.6-1ms was considered acceptable. Anything above that, it was recommended to service the watch or ask for a different one. In the QC pics, it was shown at 4.8ms. I should clarify I figured it might be faulty as the rate was -1.1 s/d which is great to my understanding with the amplitude being 337 again to my understanding was in the service or ask for another watch category. I figured one could be out of sync but for all possibly something is wrong. I hope that clarifies what I meant by faulty movement.:)

Reactions: krkqm2008

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I just got an update from purtime and they confirmed its a faulty movement so they won't send it to me and asked that I wait as they source a new one.

dude_dd

Horology Curious
28/2/16
I just got an update from purtime and they confirmed its a faulty movement so they won't send it to me and asked that I wait as they source a new one.

They should not have even asked if you would accept it as they would know it is a faulty movement given the beat rate.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
They should not have even asked if you would accept it as they would know it is a faulty movement given the beat rate.

I thought the same, however after reading a lot of post on the group and considering its a rep not gen you really need to do your homework with the QC pics before accepting. I'm hoping that my story will help others realize that even though the movement is modified if the beat rate or amplitude are not within reason something is most likely wrong.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
a new update to those wondering puretime sent new QC photos and the new watch now has a rate of 10.9 s/d, a beat error of 0.0 ms and amplitude of 280. All are within the acceptable range which is awesome. I can't wait to have the watch soon.

Triathletecb

Looking Around
5/1/20
France
Hello everyone,
I am new and I would like some information on the RM035-02.
It's a watch that makes me dream and I want to buy it as a replica.
I understand ZF was the best batch, right? For people who bought one, what do you think?
Sorry I'm French so it's not easy to read all the pages ...

Thanks for your help.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Hello everyone,
I am new and I would like some information on the RM035-02.
It's a watch that makes me dream and I want to buy it as a replica.
I understand ZF was the best batch, right? For people who bought one, what do you think?
Sorry I'm French so it's not easy to read all the pages ...

Thanks for your help.

So far the ZF RM is the best for the money. The only major issues it has are pink jewels but it should be clear, the base movement needs to be darkened and a few were complaining about the carbon fiber pattern on the bezel looking off. They are all livable problems in my opinion and could be fixed except maybe the bezel. I would be happy to let you know how it is in hand when mine arrives sometime this week or next.

Reactions: dutchguy16

Triathletecb

Looking Around
5/1/20
France
So far the ZF RM is the best for the money. The only major issues it has are pink jewels but it should be clear, the base movement needs to be darkened and a few were complaining about the carbon fiber pattern on the bezel looking off. They are all livable problems in my opinion and could be fixed except maybe the bezel. I would be happy to let you know how it is in hand when mine arrives sometime this week or next.
Thank you very much for that information. I can't wait to see your watch :))

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
Can anyone compare the overall quality and feel of the watch compared to a $650+ Ap Roo 44mm JF?

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Can anyone compare the overall quality and feel of the watch compared to a $650+ Ap Roo 44mm JF?

I imagine both are exceptional however the AP will probably be a bit better since the movement is not front and center and the ceramic is a bit more accurate to replicate than the carbon fiber bezel for now.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Thank you very much for that information. I can't wait to see your watch :))

I just got the watch and my first impressions are wow, its impressive. The pink jewels are so tiny its not really as obvious as it seems in close up shots. The bezel could be improved but I'm not complaining. In hand, I think the only thing you might even consider as a downside is the rotor is a bit loud but still very manageable. Overall you will be impressed if you go for one. I went for the black strap to give it a stealth look.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I just got the watch and my first impressions are wow, its impressive. The pink jewels are so tiny its not really as obvious as it seems in close up shots. The bezel could be improved but I'm not complaining. In hand, I think the only thing you might even consider as a downside is the rotor is a bit loud but still very manageable. Overall you will be impressed if you go for one. I went for the black strap to give it a stealth look.

Please Share some pictures mate :D