• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica RM weight and material and feeling to wear

TimosL

24/12/18
Athens, Greece
Hi all,

I read that the gen RMs are made of special and expensive materials that are extremely light. Are the reps made of equivalent light materials or they are made of steel?

In addition how do you feel wearing a watch that has a minimum price of 100K? What if people ask you "nice watch, what brand is it, how much it costs?".

And do you feel safe wearing it in public places?

J_D

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
I have 2 RM's an 11-03 and the 35-02. Most people don't know what they are. I bought mine because I personally like the style, not to fake wearing a gen.

No one has asked, but if they do, I'll say like all my reps, they aren't genuine. That being said, they keep great time, and I can change them like I do my underwear, every day.

Just enjoy the hobby, and do it for yourself, don't worry about what others would say or think, life is better that way.

Reactions: FourthLetter

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I cannot answer about the materials, but I do know I wouldn't personally attempt to wear what would appear to be a 100k watch because it wouldn't fit in with my personal circumstances or lifestyle. 90% of people will not notice what watch your wearing, 8% won't know or care what it is, and of the remaining 2% that know anything about watches will know or think it's fake anyway, so wear it for yourself and not others.

the few time I've been asked about my watch was when wearing my AP 15450, when I've replied "Audermars Piguet" it's always been greeted with a shrug and totally blank look.

As for the safety aspect of wearing what appear to be a watch that costs more than a lot of people would earn in 3 years, thieves will not care if it real or a rep if they want to take it, they'll worry about that later, so there's always that risk of getting robbed. There was a thread about someone getting mugged in London for their AP bumblebee a little while ago