• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tourist mugged of his RM should've bought a rep

kameelperd

30/4/19
Know the feeling (cheaper one :p)

I was once mugged in the streets of Medellin, Colombia by two armed guys in a motorcycle. They took away from me a gen AP ROO Black Themes.

Last edited:

Acurtisttu

Known Member
26/3/19
USA
he was shoved a couple of times and they took his million dollar watch?? lol...insurance scam. watched insured at $2m

centrum

27/7/14
This teaches me one important lesson to wear a rep when traveling overseas.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

lewisfr1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/14
Australia
If the story is true (highly doubtful) , and the insurance company actually pay out this guy ( also highly doubtful ) . What's the thief going to get for it , and who would buy it . As it would have no authentication paper work , and the buyer could never ever put it up for sale on the legit marketplace , so no watch enthusiast would even consider it. Could end up being sold in a pub for a couple of hundred dollars.

Last edited:

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
The question is did the 22 year old did it himself or was his uber rich dad part of the scheme??

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The question is did the 22 year old did it himself or was his uber rich dad part of the scheme??

And what tells you that? Can a 22 year old not be successful and making bank without his parents shoving things up his arse?

Reactions: latinna and soubido

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
And what tells you that? Can a 22 year old not be successful and making bank without his parents shoving things up his arse?
Becuase most likely any 22 years old smart enough to make that kind of money would most likely be smarter with what he wears when out and about vacationing in other country. Even without being mugged i cant imagine carrying such a valuable item with you while you trying to relax/vacation. I mean he had to wear it wherever he goes.... leaving it in hotel room while he is out clubbing or whatever??

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Becuase most likely any 22 years old smart enough to make that kind of money would most likely be smarter with what he wears when out and about vacationing in other country. Even without being mugged i cant imagine carrying such a valuable item with you while you trying to relax/vacation. I mean he had to wear it wherever he goes.... leaving it in hotel room while he is out clubbing or whatever??

If I spend that kind of money on a watch, I’ll want to wear it as well not have it rot in a safe. Also when making this kind of money, you usually go to places that are considered rather safeish which Ibiza is to a certain degree. If he was going to Capetown or Rio, that’s a completely different thing but it’s a place known for 'rich' people making vacations at. Shit can and will happen anywhere but that doesn’t make him stupid.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I was robbed a 15202 a few months ago, obviously it is a situation that leaves you in shock, but the fact that it is a replica is a huge relief hehe

What would be interesting to know is what happens with the gene that are stolen, as you guys mention, it is very difficult to sell a stollen RM limited edition, so they have to sell them tremendously cheap.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
That artical reads more like an Ad for RM rather than a report of the crime.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
If the story is true (highly doubtful) , and the insurance company actually pay out this guy ( also highly doubtful ) . What's the thief going to get for it , and who would buy it . As it would have no authentication paper work , and the buyer could never ever put it up for sale on the legit marketplace , so no watch enthusiast would even consider it. Could end up being sold in a pub for a couple of hundred dollars.

Couple year ago I intervened when two guys tried to rob a rose gold AP RO from someone else's wrist at 4pm in one of the busiest street of the city. Not as expensive but def. happening. When police showed up we were told that a gang had been perpetuating similar thefts and some weeks before a local celebrity had his +1 million euros worth watch snatched in similar fashion

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Couple year ago I intervened when two guys tried to rob a rose gold AP RO from someone else's wrist at 4pm in one of the busiest street of the city. Not as expensive but def. happening. When police showed up we were told that a gang had been perpetuating similar thefts and some weeks before a local celebrity had his +1 million euros worth watch snatched in similar fashion

Let me guess- London? :lmao:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I was robbed in Mexico once :(

D Ramone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/18
UK
Just doesn’t sound right. Almost certainly an insurance scam.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
What happened?

Me and my girl friend had gone south of Tijuana to some Cathedral we stopped at to take pics , we had one of those cardboard disposable cameras.

This little Mexican boy with a donkey told us he would take our picture , for either an American 50 cent piece (they were getting rare at that time ) or a US dollar bill .

i didnt have a 50 cent piece , so i agreed on a dollar .

he told us to get in the fountain and he would take our pic . (everyone was doing it )

we took our shoes off and got in the fountain , and turned around and saw him running away .

he left the donkey , but made off with my $6 dollar camera and my dollar bill :(

we just laughed at eachother (me and my old lady )

....walked into that one , i guess

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
tijuana-mexico-temple-fountains-in-blue-tijuana-mexico,2489099.jpg