• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM011 KVF waterproof

romito_21

5/5/19
hey guys so i’m just currently looking for a new watch to buy, and the rm011 has definitely caught my eye for something to wear in the summer. i am curious to know if anyone knows if they’re waterproof? or if it’s easy for them to be waterproofed?

thanks for your help!

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Most factories claim to be waterproofed but I wouldn't trust them to get wet while washing my hands let alone in a pool for extended periods of time. It's not too hard to waterproof just a few greased gaskets and tightened screws and caseback. Would recommend sending to a modder to get waterproofed

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Because of the case construction I would never advise taking an RM into the water. Because the bezel and case back are curved the tolerances would be really fine to ensure it was watertight, and tolerances in Chinese rep factories are far from fine!!!

DC

Reactions: romito_21

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Well, you could always pay your TD extra to do a legit waterproofing test.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
am not sure why you would want to swim in a watch of that type?
buy a Seiko diver if you want to swim.
why risk swimming in a replica watch that is essentially not that type of watch.
no one is going to be admiring your watch while you are swimming.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
am not sure why you would want to swim in a watch of that type?
buy a Seiko diver if you want to swim.
why risk swimming in a replica watch that is essentially not that type of watch.
no one is going to be admiring your watch while you are swimming.

Of course, every (high end) rep should be waterproof. Nothing scream ‘fake’ more then taking of your (especially diver) watch just before jumping in your holiday swimming pool.

I try to make sure all my watches are safe for swimming. Rep and gen.

Last edited:

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Of course, every (high end) rep should be waterproof. Nothing scream ‘fake’ more then taking of your (especially diver) watch just before jumping in your holiday swimming pool.

I try to make sure all my watches are safe for swimming. Rep and gen.

correct me if I am wrong, but its not a divers watch.
even the genuine appears to only be marketed as water resistant.
my point was, its not the type of watch you buy to swim in.
yes if its a divers type watch, then I agree it would be good to be capable of being used to swim in.
I suppose its like buying a pair of yeezys to go running in.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
No, the RM is not a divers watch. That’s why I placed ‘especially diver’ between ( )

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
SuperLory I suppose one can agree that if it fails, you don’t pay.

did you buy a watch from TD before ? You pay first. Whatever happens after, e.g. you showing off your rep RM dipping into a pool (not even Rafa himself would dare), no money will be refunded.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14