• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM027 Tourbillon FIRST THOUGHTS

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hi Matt, not sure that’s allowed, but PM me your email and I can send them that way!

If you accepted the watch no problem posting

posting QC just to ask if anyone sees anything wrong before confirming is not allowed

Reactions: MattSPL

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
Asovo I don’t have qc pics yet, and I don’t want to ask a blanket question of what people think are flaws - I have no experience with RM’s so I was hoping to get an idea of what to look for

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Just seen that my watch is out for delivery today - 5 days from China to the UK, that has to be a record! Apparently will arrive around 3pm at my work, gonna be hard to stop looking out of the window every time a van pulls up!!! Will try to post some pics over the next few days.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi All,

Watch arrived bang on time. Wow it's really nice, what DC said about the depth of the mechanics is absolutely true, here are some very quick pics on my 6.75" wrist:

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Nice! I bet that gets you more 'nice watch' type comments than all the others put together!

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Thanks Ginger Bubba, the only person who has seen it (apart from you guys) is my mate who just said “bloody hell”! I think it might be my new favourite watch. The strap is so much better than the RM01 which is a shame as that is a great watch crying out for a better strap.

MattSPL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/18
Great looking watch, thanks for posting up the pictures.
How loud is your watch as LOUD ticking was mentioned in this thread.

cheers
matt

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi Matt, yup, it’s pretty loud, I have just been out with my wife and she said “Is there a stone stuck in your tyre - or is it your watch”! I have to be honest I don’t really notice it but say 3” from your ear and you can hear it clearly. On another note, the pictures somehow do not convey the depth of the movement which is really 3 dimensional, it’s light on the wrist and is really convincing. But one of the best aspects for people who do not have big wrists is the strap with pin buckle. With deployments, I always find they fit to one side of your wrist and can be uncomfortable, this feels great.

MattSPL

9/6/18
That’s great to hear you say the pictures don’t do the depth of the dial justice, because even looking at the photos it looks better than most watches I’ve seen.
I also have a similar wrist size, so the good fit is reassuring. Now to find the money for one :)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hi Matt, yup, it’s pretty loud, I have just been out with my wife and she said “Is there a stone stuck in your tyre - or is it your watch”! I have to be honest I don’t really notice it but say 3” from your ear and you can hear it clearly. On another note, the pictures somehow do not convey the depth of the movement which is really 3 dimensional, it’s light on the wrist and is really convincing. But one of the best aspects for people who do not have big wrists is the strap with pin buckle. With deployments, I always find they fit to one side of your wrist and can be uncomfortable, this feels great.

if velcro strap could be swapped to that would be the best thing ever. I really miss that

If someone with a RM001 or 27 could try this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...72c12e0eP1rqrA I would be extremely grateful cos then I'd buy the watch. i have too many rubber strapped watches already

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
if velcro strap could be swapped to that would be the best thing ever. I really miss that

If someone with a RM001 or 27 could try this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...72c12e0eP1rqrA I would be extremely grateful cos then I'd buy the watch. i have too many rubber strapped watches already

Already tried retro fitting a KVF white rubber strap to the RM027 and it doesn’t fit, the piece where it meets the lug is too thick on the KVF strap, which shows how much thinner these tourbillon reps are at the lug!! Similarly the RM001 has a completely different attachment method so that doesn’t fit either :(

DC

fitipaldi

Supporter
8/10/10
@aquamac: amazing pics!! The watch looks gorgeous!

There is one big reason retaining me to buy it: servicing the movement. I discussed with modders and they are not willing to work in these chinese tourbillon movements; in fact they referred as a nightmare...

So spend 1300$USD, for a watch with a limited life of 4 years (optimistic scenario, assuming everything goes well), no thanks. It will be great if you have a qualified modder who would service it and share the info :).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
1400$ USD is worth it, just like everyone said it’s the servicing that will keep me away :/

charity7

6/12/16
I have never been seen the straps on RM's, thats because I don't know much about RM, but id like to ask:
is it unique to the model? or is it a custom piece? looks great though! nice watch mate

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Thanks guys, have to admit, servicing wasn’t high on my mind when I bought the watch, I do have a local jeweller that might be able to do this but I would think parts may be a problem for sure. Like DC, I also have the 001 which is still going strong.

As far as the straps are concerned, I do have a red genuine RM 011 strap that I will check out soon and will report back. DC has already checked the KVF straps and they are a no go.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks guys, have to admit, servicing wasn’t high on my mind when I bought the watch, I do have a local jeweller that might be able to do this but I would think parts may be a problem for sure. Like DC, I also have the 001 which is still going strong.

As far as the straps are concerned, I do have a red genuine RM 011 strap that I will check out soon and will report back. DC has already checked the KVF straps and they are a no go.

I’d be amazed if an RM011 strap fits, even the gen RM011 is pretty thick!!

DC

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Already tried retro fitting a KVF white rubber strap to the RM027 and it doesn’t fit, the piece where it meets the lug is too thick on the KVF strap, which shows how much thinner these tourbillon reps are at the lug!! Similarly the RM001 has a completely different attachment method so that doesn’t fit either :(

DC

But you didnt try the velcro which is meant for the 27-02 (which was the thinnest i had) , right ?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Superlory, I ordered the canvas strap you suggested, if it doesn’t fit this watch, I think it will fit another RM watch I have. I’ll let you know when it arrives from China.

Reactions: SuperLory

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
But you didnt try the velcro which is meant for the 27-02 (which was the thinnest i had) , right ?

I didn’t try that one, no. I don’t have that rep anymore, but I guess if any would fit then that would!! Don’t know how well bright orange goes with all black though?!

DC

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I didn’t try that one, no. I don’t have that rep anymore, but I guess if any would fit then that would!! Don’t know how well bright orange goes with all black though?!

DC

lol..ok not the orange one :p
#eyesore