• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM027 Tourbillon FIRST THOUGHTS

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Great review ! Thanks a lot
On a side note, did you do one for that rm001 ? Cos the more i look at it...

Ya know what, I never did get round it, which I should do because it’s one of my most worn watches!

Will try and take some time to do in next week!

DC

Reactions: SuperLory

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Additional info just established, I fully wound the watch on Thursday evening and it has just reached the point of serious slow down, I reckon it will stop within the hour. So that’s around 65 hours of power reserve. Not bad!

DC

Suux88

22/4/12
thanks for all your efforts, and response to questions.
Did us all a huge favor!

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Additional info just established, I fully wound the watch on Thursday evening and it has just reached the point of serious slow down, I reckon it will stop within the hour. So that’s around 65 hours of power reserve. Not bad!

DC

65 hours power reserve is a very good figure. Congrats.

fitipaldi

Supporter
8/10/10
Congrats again for your watch!

I will sell some of my watches to buy it.

Do you know who in the forum will be able to service this tourbillon movement?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
A quick comparison of the RM001 and RM027 tourbillons...

5-C63-CDA9-0-B36-4-BE8-A050-95-B4-F83-A97-A6.jpg

The RM001 uses a V shaped bridge anchored on one side of the base plate. This design was intended to resist shocks by acting almost like a racing car wishbone suspension. I’m sure it’s not in any way functional on the rep but does look great and is faithfully reproduced. The tourbillon is harder to see as it’s behind not one but two crystals so reflections are more of an issue, and the bridge has a large cap over the centre of the tourbillon.

Meanwhile the RM027 has a slightly more conventional bridge, forming a slight V shape again, but anchored on either side. The bridge has more than a hint of industrial girder about it with rectangular cutouts to save weight, and in a more traditional tourbillon style it features a pink jewel at its centre. Thanks to the single heavily AR’d crystal and ample space around the tourbillon it is easily visible from all angles which helps give the watch a lightweight appearance, all full of air.

The balances themselves both have inertia weights (can’t see them on the RM001 as it’s running) which are a nice touch and I always think they look better and more expensive and impressive than un-weighted balance wheels. I must say I prefer the gunmetal grey balance wheel on the RM027, we are so used to seeing gold tourbillons and it’s nice to see something different and more contemporary.

I prefer the bridge arrangement on the RM001 as it’s so different, and I prefer the actual tourbillon on the RM027 for it’s contemporary appearance. Overall I’d have to give the win to the RM027 mainly because of how easily visible and airy it looks.

DC

shortyNL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/19
Awesome review. If you had to choose the RM001 or the RM027. Which would you recommend?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Awesome review. If you had to choose the RM001 or the RM027. Which would you recommend?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

That’s tricky, I rather like having both of them, lol!!

The RM001 is undoubtedly closer to gen, so if that’s important to you (as it is to a lot of people) then that’s the one to go for. Also the RM001 stared it all as far as Richard Mille goes so it’s such a legendary watch in reality.

That said The RM027 is on another level and I can’t stop staring at it when I wear it. But you could buy the RM001 and a second very very good rep for the same price as the RM027 on it’s own... so I’d recommend the RM001 for that reason!

DC

Reactions: SuperLory

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
FFS mate, which one of the two of us ACTUALY owns the watch? Why are you arguing with me?

Jeez!

DC

I am apologize for my mistake, I was saw the Chinese video review and they were measuring the thickness was 15.6 something.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
That 27 looks like something that would come out the RM factory.

The level of details are crazy, closeness to gen doesn't count for this type of rep. You will never and I repeat, never meet someone who will be wearing this watch next to you in the same room.

Reactions: gclass

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
_DC_ is service required on this time piece? If so anyone in CONUS ? I’m between this and the Frank muller Vanguard 45 tourbillon

gclass

2/9/16
I just found out the gen has a 48h pr from the website.
_DC_
Yours has 65h !!!!
I think RM focused primarily on strength.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I just found out the gen has a 48h pr from the website.
_DC_
Yours has 65h !!!!
I think RM focused primarily on strength.

Strength and lightness yes, I guess more power reserve would mean more mainspring which would mean more weight! The thing only weighs 20 grams!

DC

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Have just approved the QC images from Intime. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited now. Can’t wait, thanks DC for your very clear pics which really sold me this watch - I keep coming back to them and comparing to the images on the RM site, I know it is not exactly the same, however as a watch I think it holds up well and there were only a few made, so the chances of anyone having actually seen one are super slim. I will have to avoid bumping into Mr Mille himself......

Suux88

22/4/12
Have just approved the QC images from Intime. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited now. Can’t wait, thanks DC for your very clear pics which really sold me this watch - I keep coming back to them and comparing to the images on the RM site, I know it is not exactly the same, however as a watch I think it holds up well and there were only a few made, so the chances of anyone having actually seen one are super slim. I will have to avoid bumping into Mr Mille himself......

post wrist shots when received please

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Certainly will post wrist shots, hasn’t shipped yet so I expect I will receive it in just under 2 weeks time. In the meantime, guess I am just going to have to wait patiently, but it’s not going to be easy!!!

Reactions: MattSPL

MattSPL

9/6/18
Could you post a couple of the QC pics if that’s allowed? Tempted by one of these, looks amazing.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi Matt, not sure that’s allowed, but PM me your email and I can send them that way!