• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM027 Tourbillon FIRST THOUGHTS

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Any news on this? EURF made this back in 2019. Is there a new release soon? The DLC coating is usually very bad and is a concern for me.

What do you mean "usually very bad"? I've seen several of these watches and haven't seen any flaws in their coatings, and I've never heard anyone complain about that on this specific watch. Do you mean the DLC process in general for a rep?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Yes I mean in general the DLC can be very weak. For instance on a 15500 ZF the DLC coating was very easy to come off. Almost with a finger nails it could be removed.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yes I mean in general the DLC can be very weak. For instance on a 15500 ZF the DLC coating was very easy to come off. Almost with a finger nails it could be removed.

That's not my experience at all, it sounds like that 15500 might have been a lemon. I wouldn't let one watch colour your opinion of every rep, and like I said, I've never heard anyone complain about the DLC on this specific watch. I doubt you're gonna get a v2 that fixes a problem that may not actually exist. Go cop one if you like it, they're gorgeous.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
If it's a new factory maybe it won't cost as much as EURF version.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Bought one from Sead/Supermirrors, it's still made by EUR.
I like buying from him because his QC pictures are big.
He's a man of few words, and may not even send you a tracking number, but it arrived in my US East coast mailbox 19 days later.
Looks like the back is slightly thicker now, I measured it to be 15.78mm overall, or 16.05mm including the crystal.
Compared to the Z 055 it wears thinner than it is, due to it's more curved bezel.

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
Bought one from Sead/Supermirrors, it's still made by EUR.
I like buying from him because his QC pictures are big.
He's a man of few words, and may not even send you a tracking number, but it arrived in my US East coast mailbox 19 days later.
Looks like the back is slightly thicker now, I measured it to be 15.78mm overall, or 16.05mm including the crystal.
Compared to the Z 055 it wears thinner than it is, due to it's more curved bezel.

Do you have a link to this dealer?
Thanks

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Was certainly strong enough before, but it makes it so the crown doesn't sit on your wrist, which I have to assume is the reason.

Last edited:

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Looking at post 64 there are four inserts screwed into the back plate, maybe it needed to be thicker for those.

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Anyone know what the RM027 is made of as much lighter than the 001, have an RM027 for sale and guys are asking me what the case is made of, I don't think it's steel like 001 as much lighter, titanium...ceramic???