• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM001 V2 JB factory (update)

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
Spatiumtemporis found something better? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...3-18aee394786e

thats a thick endpiece for modding
Wow, you basically found the perfect strap for this rep?! It seems like the end part has pre-drilled hols so that you can just insert the springbar - no need for modding maybe? Or maybe the spring bar hole is in a totally wrong position, I can't really tell :\

These look better. I've seen these myself. Not sure if the thickness is the same on the screws side.
I'm also not sure if 27mm is the correct width. Since it's the most narrow of all the RMs, maybe the 25mm is actually the correct size?

Last edited:

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Wow, you basically found the perfect strap for this rep?! It seems like the end part has pre-drilled hols so that you can just insert the springbar - no need for modding maybe? Or maybe the spring bar hole is in a totally wrong position, I can't really tell :\

I'm also not sure if 27mm is the correct width. Since it's the most narrow of all the RMs, maybe the 25mm is actually the correct size?

Perhaps they also have em in 27mm? It seems you indeed can choose your own method to put in a springbar or use the pre-drilled holes which are actually not completely drilled.

Spatiumtemporis springbar connector would indicate the use of springbars, so we might have a winner here! Only thing is its advertised as 25mm for the JBF you need 27mm? As for the connector, you can always sand it down to get it properly fit :)

Last edited:

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Perhaps they also have em in 27mm? It seems you indeed can choose your own method to put in a springbar or use the pre-drilled holes which are actually not completely drilled.
I couldn't find the one with springbar holes in 27mm, but I'm thinking that this watch may actually need the 25mm strap, as it's more narrow than most newer RMs. Spatiumtemporis can confirm how wide the strap needs to be?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I couldn't find the one with springbar holes in 27mm, but I'm thinking that this watch may actually need the 25mm strap, as it's more narrow than most newer RMs. Spatiumtemporis can confirm how wide the strap needs to be?

Will measure. But those straps look a bit thick to me as well. I've pulled the strap I've moded today a bit to see if it holds. It did :) I'm pretty pleased.

Last edited:

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Will measure. But those straps look a bit thick to me as well. I've pulled the strap I've moded today a bit to see if it holds. It did :) I'm pretty pleased.
Yeah, the plastic piece that gets inserted into the watch looks too thick, but that can be sanded down, I think. As long as the spring bar hole is in the right spot, they could be fine.
Or do you think that the strap overall is too thick, even the part that goes around your wrist?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Yeah, the plastic piece that gets inserted into the watch looks too thick, but that can be sanded down, I think. As long as the spring bar hole is in the right spot, they could be fine.
Or do you think that the strap overall is too thick, even the part that goes around your wrist?

I was talking about the strap being too thick (the part that will meet the case). Not the plastic part. Order one and try. It might just fit.

KilowattHour

18/4/19
I was talking about the strap being too thick (the part that will meet the case). Not the plastic part. Order one and try. It might just fit.
I see what you mean - it does appear thicker. I still don't have this watch, but once I do, I'll be sure to try and mount this kind of strap on it. Did you have a chance to measure the width?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
20191204-104802.jpg

20191204-104913.jpg

20191204-105110.jpg

20191204-105121.jpg

20191204-105155.jpg

20191204-105250.jpg

20191204-105309.jpg

20191204-105312.jpg

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Only thing thats bothering me now with that strap is that the top plate looks utterly thick as the strap sits lower.

GEN:
RM001_IMDG0370.jpg

REP:
WaterMark-5-653-416x416.jpg

Wow. That is night and day. I'll try and make the top plate thinner then . :)

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Glad this is back. Will order.
I think it was available about a month ago when I replied to you, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. Andrew told me it was available, and that they should be getting a stock from the factory, but then three weeks later he told me factory told him they have none available in regular SS. Only Gold and Black DLC are available. Ryan from Intime also said it's not available when I asked him a few days ago. I guess we keep waiting.

Last edited:

BPlayer

5/10/19
Hi, has anyone the weight of this watch ? Any News for a other strap ?

mrkt

Known Member
10/10/16
I think it was available about a month ago when I replied to you, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. Andrew told me it was available, and that they should be getting a stock from the factory, but then three weeks later he told me factory told him they have none available in regular SS. Only Gold and Black DLC are available. Ryan from Intime also said it's not available when I asked him a few days ago. I guess we keep waiting.

I have three of them already, modding time!

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Hi, has anyone the weight of this watch ? Any News for a other strap ?
Just measured it - it's exactly 160g. It has pretty good weight distribution, and it's really comfortable.
I also don't have a problem with the included strap - it's a good quality silicon, that despite sitting in a closed plastic bag did not have any smell at all when I opened it. That's always a good sign, and I wish I could say the same for a gen silicon strap I have for a decently expensive swiss watch. That strap has some smell - it;s not strong or bad, but still, this one doesn't smell at all. Which I think means that nothing evaporates from it, which should minimize the chance of skin's allergic reaction to it.
I have ordered two straps from Aliexpress. One is the silicon, and the other canvas - both with spring bars. I suspect the silicon one is exactly what the maker of this rep has used, as they have an uncanny resemblance in every way. This is what I've got:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969782898.html
and
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000042553379.html
I'll see how it goes when I get them, and I'll update here.

I have three of them already, modding time!
Great to hear! Really curious to see what you will do.

Last edited: