• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM001 V2 JB factory (update)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Damn it.. Really dislike the JBF strap it comes with :/

In any case, I've noticed the crown is from the 002 and different from the 001?

Some members used the rubber strap as an inlay for a custom leather strap.

But of course that is only a compromise.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
IMG-20191201-WA0076.jpg

IMG-20191201-WA0078.jpg

IMG-20191201-WA0081.jpg

IMG-20191201-WA0080.jpg

IMG-20191201-WA0083.jpg

IMG-20191201-201528.jpg

IMG-20191201-203303.jpg

IMG-20191201-WA0070.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Me. I've moded a kvf strap.

Wow. Kudos to you, changes everything about the watch imho. Also that without sacrificing the rubber either. How did you mod the KVF strap?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Wow. Kudos to you, changes everything about the watch imho. Also that without sacrificing the rubber either. How did you mod the KVF strap?

Thanks a lot! It's not the most elegant solution in the world but it works. I've kept the springbar design in order to have an easy swap in case I want to go back to the rubber (which is rubbish by the way).

The springbars sit in a groove I've made on top of the plastic part of the KVF strap. Then I've used some epoxy to glue the springbar in the previously made grove and shortened the plastic part to the required dimension. Then to finish the mod I've applied some thin layers soaked in epoxy to reinforce the whole assembly.

IMG-20191201-201703.jpg

IMG-20191201-201731.jpg

I love the velcro myself. Too bad I got the black instead of the grey one.

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Yep, grey would be even nicer, I agree. Thanks for that explanation mate! Great job

Thanks again. I've wanted a grey strap all along but after weeks of waiting , CT sent me qc pics with a black one :) being fed up with waiting I've accepted this one instead.

The watch feels much better now. The velcro step even if it's not perfect makes this watch look premium. The rubber strap was a big con and gave the impression of an overall cheap rep.

I had to burn some loose wires and cut some excess material to make the KVF look nicer but I still wish the KVF was better quality.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks a lot! It's not the most elegant solution in the world but it works. I've kept the springbar design in order to have an easy swap in case I want to go back to the rubber (which is rubbish by the way).

The springbars sit in a groove I've made on top of the plastic part of the KVF strap. Then I've used some epoxy to glue the springbar in the previously made grove and shortened the plastic part to the required dimension. Then to finish the mod I've applied some thin layers soaked in epoxy to reinforce the whole assembly.

IMG-20191201-201703.jpg

IMG-20191201-201731.jpg

I love the velcro myself. Too bad I got the black instead of the grey one.

Excuse my French but this is f**king genius mate!! The strap is the only thing I don’t love about my RM001 (V1 in my case) so I may have to explore such a solution! I have a white KVF rubber strap, I wonder if this could be done to that?!

DC

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
Thanks again. I've wanted a grey strap all along but after weeks of waiting , CT sent me qc pics with a black one :) being fed up with waiting I've accepted this one instead.

The watch feels much better now. The velcro step even if it's not perfect makes this watch look premium. The rubber strap was a big con and gave the impression of an overall cheap rep.

I had to burn some loose wires and cut some excess material to make the KVF look nicer but I still wish the KVF was better quality.
Impressive work! So you need to remove even the deco-plate to be able to swap the strap? What screwdrivers are needed for this? I know that these 5-pin screwdrivers bar the back-case are available on ebay, but how to be sure which ones are the right size?
Oh, and where did you get the strap from? I can't seem to find it anywhere on trustytime or puretime?

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Excuse my French but this is f**king genius mate!! The strap is the only thing I don’t love about my RM001 (V1 in my case) so I may have to explore such a solution! I have a white KVF rubber strap, I wonder if this could be done to that?!

DC

Thank you! It can be done yes.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Impressive work! So you need to remove even the deco-plate to be able to swap the strap? What screwdrivers are needed for this? I know that these 5-pin screwdrivers bar the back-case are available on ebay, but how to be sure which ones are the right size?
Oh, and where did you get the strap from? I can't seem to find it anywhere on trustytime or puretime?

I've ordered both screwdrivers and strap from chazing time. The decoplate doesn't need to be removed but it's not held in place with screws so as soon as I removed the backplate it fell off :) .

I have ordered 2 screwdrivers for rm. One with 5 and one with 4 feet. To remove the back you only need the 5 feet one.

A safer and more elegant solution would be to purchase longer screws for the front plate.

Reactions: littowun

KilowattHour

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/19
I've ordered both screwdrivers and strap from chazing time. The decoplate doesn't need to be removed but it's not held in place with screws so as soon as I removed the backplate it fell off :) .

I have ordered 2 screwdrivers for rm. One with 5 and one with 4 feet. To remove the back you only need the 5 feet one.

A safer and more elegant solution would be to purchase longer screws for the front plate.
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find them there either, but I can email and ask. I've read earlier in the thread that the front plate screws are actually decoration only on this watch, and can't be unscrewed.

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find them there either, but I can email and ask. I've read earlier in the thread that the front plate screws are actually decoration only on this watch, and can't be unscrewed.

I've inspected them by looking on the backside of the front plate and they look like they can be unscrewed . The screws just look to be as short as the thickness of the plate that's all. Will take some pics later.

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
That is absolute gorgeous mate!!! That velcro looks the best on the RM001 imho! Wonder how strong it is and how it holds up with daily use :)

Thanks !

I'm not sure how strong the connection is tbh. The springbars jb used are pretty slim and fragile to begin with.
The one thing that concerns me the most is the fact that the kvf pastic part is narrower than the Jb one so this leaves the sprigbar more exposed if you will .

What i mean by that, is that the more overhang there is , the more chances are for the springbar to bend under pressure and slip out of it's holes .

So either i find longer screws and mount the strap as it was supposed to be or fill in the gaps to make sure the springbar doesnt bend.

As for the epoxy, i'm pretty sure it's strong enaugh to keep the strap in place with normal wear.

strap.jpg

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Thanks !

I'm not sure how strong the connection is tbh. The springbars jb used are pretty slim and fragile to begin with.
The one thing that concerns me the most is the fact that the kvf pastic part is narrower than the Jb one so this leaves the sprigbar more exposed if you will .

What i mean by that, is that the more overhang there is , the more chances are for the springbar to bend under pressure and slip out of it's holes .

So either i find longer screws and mount the strap as it was supposed to be or fill in the gaps to make sure the springbar doesnt bend.

As for the epoxy, i'm pretty sure it's strong enaugh to keep the strap in place with normal wear.

strap.jpg

Hmm thats an idea. So the screws arent faux at the strap part?