• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM001 V2 JB factory (update)

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Doesn’t look much different to me other than strap and deco on back! Crystal looks clearer but could just be the angle, can you confirm?

DC

The crystal is ever so slightly clearer on the V2 but to me, the rubber strap has seen the most improvements. It is a lot softer and the "Richard Mille" embossing on the keeper is done with more care and looks a lot cleaner. Overall, just a more comfortable and well-made strap IMO.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The screws holding the bridges seem to be much better also, perhaps it’s just the better crystal making everything clearer and nicer

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Got mine yesterday but they sent me the titanium version. FML. Wanna have it exchanged to the brushed steel but pain in the ass to mail back to China.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Got mine yesterday but they sent me the titanium version. FML. Wanna have it exchanged to the brushed steel but pain in the ass to mail back to China.

You didn’t noticed that on QC pics?

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Bit of a noob qn but which of the finishes (sandblasted or brushed) does the gen feature

I believe the brushed finish is closest to gen, since the gen was only made in white gold (brushed) and yellow gold I believe.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Hey guys after deliberating for quite a while i have decided to take the leap and get a v2. I really like the RG one but if i'm not wrong there isn't a RG RM001 only a RM002, could someone advise?

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Hey guys after deliberating for quite a while i have decided to take the leap and get a v2. I really like the RG one but if i'm not wrong there isn't a RG RM001 only a RM002, could someone advise?

Gen 001 has both white gold and rose gold.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
I have ordered the V2 strap from Andrew at trusty time and have been waiting for 5-6 weeks and still no news from the factory.... could it be that they know the rest of the watch is pretty much identical to the RM001 V1 and they do not want that we just buy the strap? I am trying to be patient but 5 weeks plus is a lot. Andrew has offered a refund but I think that new strap is a considerable improvement... any experiences from your side ordering the V2 strap? Thanks guys...

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I was looking at the gen caseback just now. Before seeing the gen pics, I just assumed it would be too difficult to correct the misspelled "SWEISS MADE" through modding. But now that I see that the gen doesn't even have “Swiss Made” anywhere on its caseback, can't a modder simply polish it off and remove it altogether?

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Reactions: CosmoKat

CosmoKat

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
9/1/19
United Kingdom
It won‘t. JB messed up the whole strap attachement with decorative screws on the bezel and a spring bar system underneath it... extremely ugly after disassembly.

Damn it.. Really dislike the JBF strap it comes with :/

In any case, I've noticed the crown is from the 002 and different from the 001?