• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM001 V2 JB factory (update)

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Ya besides the caseback I don't see any major differences from the previous version (and the back still says SWEISS MADE lol)

Still a great watch, and the back did put a lot of people off so it’s an improvement for those people for sure!

DC

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Still a great watch, and the back did put a lot of people off so it’s an improvement for those people for sure!

DC

Yup, like you said this has to be the best RM rep out there at the moment.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
This looks really really nice. What a progress reps made.

Can I pull this off ? the real deal costs more than my manager's salary...

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
This looks really really nice. What a progress reps made.

Can I pull this off ? the real deal costs more than my manager's salary...

Ooh i wouldn't wear it work then, I'm someone who could maybe feasibly afford this watch but i still try not to wear RM reps around my clients and partners. Could give the wrong impression :/

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
Hi DC,

I have the V1 of the RM 001 as you do, and I think if we can find a let down is the stiffness and general quality of the strap. As the strap has been updated for the V2 (at least visually, I hope the quality as well) I would like to order just the strap, but as the V2 is not officially out yet I do not really trust any TD to not mess it up.

what is your advice can you recommend me someone? I have the RG RM001 (no blue screws on the tourbi ;)) so I would need the V2 strap with the RG clasp.

Thanks

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Hi DC,

I have the V1 of the RM 001 as you do, and I think if we can find a let down is the stiffness and general quality of the strap. As the strap has been updated for the V2 (at least visually, I hope the quality as well) I would like to order just the strap, but as the V2 is not officially out yet I do not really trust any TD to not mess it up.

what is your advice can you recommend me someone? I have the RG RM001 (no blue screws on the tourbi ;)) so I would need the V2 strap with the RG clasp.

Thanks

The V2 is actually available right now. Just email your TD and ask, I got mine from Pure Time

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
The V2 is actually available right now. Just email your TD and ask, I got mine from Pure Time

You already received v2?
how is clarity of crystal?? I’ve been told it’s better than v1.
Please post pictures.

TheMDK

Horology Curious
20/5/19
Mine just shipped last week, should be here sometime this week or next.

Please share pics and thoughts when you get it? I want one. but I gotta wait until September(wife rules lol). I am also kinda waiting for a nicer 11, 35 or 55. If they don't update one of those, I will get the 001

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Just received my V2 today. First impression, the strap and buckle is way more comfortable than the V1. The new strap is very soft and supple and the buckle is way more comfortable on the wrist (the buckle on the V1 would dig into my wrist, which can be quite painful at times). As for the dial and crystal, I don't see any noticeable differences so I'll post pictures with the V1 and V2 side by side so the more experienced and knowledgeable members can chime in. The updated caseback does look more detailed and "genuine".

Reactions: Raymondjubb87

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
Just received my V2 today. First impression, the strap and buckle is way more comfortable than the V1. The new strap is very soft and supple and the buckle is way more comfortable on the wrist (the buckle on the V1 would dig into my wrist, which can be quite painful at times). As for the dial and crystal, I don't see any noticeable differences so I'll post pictures with the V1 and V2 side by side so the more experienced and knowledgeable members can chime in. The updated caseback does look more detailed and "genuine".

Do you think a rm velcro strap will fit?

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Do you think a rm velcro strap will fit?

Since the strap on the RM001 is attached with a springbar instead of how KVF attaches their RM straps, which is closer to gen, I don't think a RM velcro strap would fit on it.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
Dare i say the case looks smaller width wise? This will definitely be my next pick up was deciding between the RM011 ceramic white ghost, black phantom, Noob v2.2 daytona and this, but the improvements here are just 10/10

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Dare i say the case looks smaller width wise? This will definitely be my next pick up was deciding between the RM011 ceramic white ghost, black phantom, Noob v2.2 daytona and this, but the improvements here are just 10/10

Dimensions wise, I think they are the same. It's probably just the picture making the V2 seem a little smaller haha.

barth

5/10/12
Crystal also looks much more clear and AR’d, right ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Doesn’t look much different to me other than strap and deco on back! Crystal looks clearer but could just be the angle, can you confirm?

DC