• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM027 & RM052 real tourbillon

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
The skull one looks so cool. I think I might pull the trigger on it in the next few days :woo:

mr.minhghi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/17
I wondered the same thing, and some of them turn so slowly that it took a lot of time and comparing pictures to figure it out. Basically the large one on the left hand side is right at the back and as far as I can tell is just for show to make it match the gen a little better, but ALL the others function and either connect the tourbillon to the mainspring barrel, or are the winding and hand setting gears!!

DC

According to this photo, the large gear that you guys are talking about is not link to any other gear, so it wont move.
IMG_1142.jpeg

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
According to this photo, the large gear that you guys are talking about is not link to any other gear, so it wont move.
IMG_1142.jpeg

Thats exactly what I said in my post, the large gear at the back is just for show, not functional!

DC

RM027 Lover

14/5/19
Wait till you see one in person, it will change your mind!!

This thing looks and feels expensive!!

DC

Hi DC I recall you saying the rm001 looks expensive namely owning to the polished bevelling. I know you've answered a similar question about which is best. If you don't mind, out of the two, which does your above statement "looks and feels expensive" ring true of the most please?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Hi DC I recall you saying the rm001 looks expensive namely owning to the polished bevelling. I know you've answered a similar question about which is best. If you don't mind, out of the two, which does your above statement "looks and feels expensive" ring true of the most please?

It’s pretty close, but I’d say the RM027 feels more expensive (which is good coz it was more expensive lol). But if I could only have one I’d have the RM001... I just prefer it, can’t explain why, just personal taste. But I’m glad I don’t have to pick one and I can have them both as I do love them both!

DC

Reactions: XLR8R and SuperLory

RM027 Lover

14/5/19
It’s pretty close, but I’d say the RM027 feels more expensive (which is good coz it was more expensive lol). But if I could only have one I’d have the RM001... I just prefer it, can’t explain why, just personal taste. But I’m glad I don’t have to pick one and I can have them both as I do love them both!

DC

Thank you. Agreed, the RM001 suits my taste too

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
I'm reading up on RM's with renewed interest at the potential we now have. This RM27RN is a leap forwards, and whilst still a way off from GEN, it is a true masterpiece that at least to the untrained eye, looks pretty damn close. What fills me with excitement about this is that the movement in the GEN seems largely the same across the 27 series, with the 01, 02 and 03 having much the same appearance, other than the bridges (or cables) connecting the movement to the case. If the rep factories have been able to customise the tourbillon for the 27RN as they have, we could be on the verge of seeing a very good attempt at a working tourbillon 27-02. Now that would be something special indeed

Reactions: SuperLory

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
This is what it looks like when a dealer makes a custom made rep RM027 with diamonds..

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Oh my, should have removed the fake jewel at 6 just above the tourbi

tuomasho

Looking Around
14/8/19
Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy RM027 and want it to be shipped to Europe. Do you have any good TDs where to buy it? And is there much differences between models?

Br

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Surprised there hasn't been more love for the 052. There are numerous videos on Chinese YouTube clones showing this watch in detail.

https://v.qq.com/x/search/?q=RM052&stag=&smartbox_ab=

Don't be put off by the fact that the watches being showed in the videos look a bit rough in places, as I understand it they are prototypes or from test production batches and are subject to all kinds of tinkering. Here are actual QC pics, and everything looks great

http://www.qcpics.com/index.php/RM0173B

This obviously isn't the most accurate rep ever (although overall it is a pretty faithful reproduction of the gen) but it is easily the highest quality rep (of any watch) on the market at present. The work on the tourbillon is particularly impressive.

What are folks hoping from the ZF version over this one?