• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM027 & RM052 real tourbillon

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
looooks huge !!!!

Thank god you will spend this incoming weekend crafting out a fantastic review, thanks a lot !!! :p

Lol, you always say that about RMs, why do you come here if you don’t like ‘em big haha?!?

In all seriousness this and the RM001 are the smallest RM reps out there, even on my puny wrist they wear well!

DC

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
cos the rm27-02 was the most comfortable watch i ever had...trying to revive that feeling sooner than later

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Nobody got the skull? The other watch I’m not crazy about.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
cos the rm27-02 was the most comfortable watch i ever had...trying to revive that feeling sooner than later

I had one of those, genuinely this wears virtually identically to that in terms of size/proportion/height etc. Don’t let my tiny wrists fool you, this is no RM011 or RM055!! When I put it on my first though was “This feels a lot like the RM027-02”. It’s about the same weight as that watch too by my judgement!

DC

Reactions: SuperLory

fitipaldi

Supporter
8/10/10
You better warm up that credit card then buddy because it is bang on 15mm!!

1-FA80-B19-D407-412-C-B897-455-F6116-BD42.jpg

DC

Thanks !!!

One last request before pulling the trigger: do you have a 42mm AP ROO? if yes could you take a picture side by side (frontal and side) please?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks !!!

One last request before pulling the trigger: do you have a 42mm AP ROO? if yes could you take a picture side by side (frontal and side) please?

Lol, jeez buddy, this isn’t an M2M post, if you want one just buy one!!

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
This is what 0.5mm difference looks like. RM001 on top (14.5mm) RM027 on the bottom (15mm)...

0452129-B-E801-45-AD-8091-561-B1122-AFE2.jpg

DC

TheDonSL

28/12/13
How is quality compared to KVF? Are the screws cheap or good quality? Movement stable? Crown? How is crystal? Thinking of pulling the trigger on the skull.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
How is quality compared to KVF? Are the screws cheap or good quality? Movement stable? Crown? How is crystal? Thinking of pulling the trigger on the skull.

This makes KVF look cheap and nasty, high polished bevels on the bezel and round the countersinks for the case and strap screws are all flawless.

I’ve opened it up already as there was a weird white fleck on the inside of the crystal, the screws are crisp and well defined with a satin finish, and case is three piece construction although it looks like two piece as there are no screws at the back.

The movement seems fine so far, has a lovely clicky winding feel as a manual wind should, and best of all you can see all the gears moving as you wind and set the time!!! It is by far the loudest movement I’ve ever come across though, and I’ve had a lot of ST19s which are pretty loud, but I think because of the amount of space inside the case it kinda resonates making it super loud... I quite like it!

Crystal is clear and has decent AR, it does rather show the RM001 up in that respect!!

DC

Reactions: TheDonSL

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Thanks bro for the review! Looks great I’m just really digging the skull... I know ZF is coming soon, but I am itching to pull the trigger...

Nobu

Looking Around
22/10/18
Haha, sorry, I’m such a tease...

BDE573-CE-F4-EB-4-CC6-BF19-75-B5-A555-E8-B2.jpg

This thing is mega!!!!

DC

Woah so much depth, love it! I have a little curiosity about this watch before I buy this bad boy though.
Do these gears function? Like does it turn over time? I probably still get the watch even if those gears are decoration, but just a curiosity.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Woah so much depth, love it! I have a little curiosity about this watch before I buy this bad boy though.
Do these gears function? Like does it turn over time? I probably still get the watch even if those gears are decoration, but just a curiosity.

I wondered the same thing, and some of them turn so slowly that it took a lot of time and comparing pictures to figure it out. Basically the large one on the left hand side is right at the back and as far as I can tell is just for show to make it match the gen a little better, but ALL the others function and either connect the tourbillon to the mainspring barrel, or are the winding and hand setting gears!!

DC

Reactions: Nobu

Nobu

Looking Around
22/10/18
I wondered the same thing, and some of them turn so slowly that it took a lot of time and comparing pictures to figure it out. Basically the large one on the left hand side is right at the back and as far as I can tell is just for show to make it match the gen a little better, but ALL the others function and either connect the tourbillon to the mainspring barrel, or are the winding and hand setting gears!!

DC

Ah nice to know! I wish they connect that large gear with some other gear to let it keep moving overtime even if it doesn't serve any purpose.. Great watch regardless though!

Now all that's left for me is to consult with my wallet! I'm considering for RM052 as well haha

rckh

7/6/07

DC

Dear DC:

May I ask what is your wrist size?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Dear DC:

May I ask what is your wrist size?

Quite small, 16cm! Don’t be fooled, these RMs are perfect for small wrists, especially the RM027 and RM001 as they are smaller and nicely curved to fit small wrists :)

DC

cordeliavega

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/19
Surprised there hasn't been more love for the 052. There are numerous videos on Chinese YouTube clones showing this watch in detail.

https://v.qq.com/x/search/?q=RM052&stag=&smartbox_ab=

Don't be put off by the fact that the watches being showed in the videos look a bit rough in places, as I understand it they are prototypes or from test production batches and are subject to all kinds of tinkering. Here are actual QC pics, and everything looks great

http://www.qcpics.com/index.php/RM0173B

This obviously isn't the most accurate rep ever (although overall it is a pretty faithful reproduction of the gen) but it is easily the highest quality rep (of any watch) on the market at present. The work on the tourbillon is particularly impressive.

Reactions: TheDonSL

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Would it be possible to fit a velcro strap on the RM027-RN? I asked my TD but was told that their wasnt one available.

Does anyone know of a good aftermarket version, that would fit this watch?

Reactions: shortyNL