• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rm035-02 doa :(

Watchaddict11

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Hey guys - I just received my RM035-02 from puretime today and it was DOA. Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to get it working?
I've wound the watch and made sure the rotor has turned enough to power and nothing. When i pull the crown out to adjust the time, the second hand jerks back and forth within a 5 second distance back and forth but it always ends up going back to the same spot. Am I missing something? Should I be doing something else to power this movement?

Thanks!

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I suggest you email Pure Time. I got a RM001 from them and the power reserve needles weren’t working. I emailed them and they were pretty helpful in regards to repair/replacement.

Watchaddict11

Horology Curious
4/4/19
I suggest you email Pure Time. I got a RM001 from them and the power reserve needles weren’t working. I emailed them and they were pretty helpful in regards to repair/replacement.

I've done so as well. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
did you end up sending it back? I've read that there's lots of risk in sending watches back...

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I've done so as well. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
did you end up sending it back? I've read that there's lots of risk in sending watches back...

Even though the watch was working properly, aside from the power reserve needles, I did send the watch back. They said they will inspect it to see if it’s repairable and if not, they will replace it for me.

Watchaddict11

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Even though the watch was working properly, aside from the power reserve needles, I did send the watch back. They said they will inspect it to see if it’s repairable and if not, they will replace it for me.

Oh so you haven't received it back yet? How much did you pay to send it back?

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Oh so you haven't received it back yet? How much did you pay to send it back?

Nope I just sent the watch back last week so I haven’t heard from them yet. I picked the cheapest shipping option with tracking. Prices will vary depending on where you are.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It could have just had some gunk in it, you could have asked a local watchsmith

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Watchaddict11

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Just as an update - I took it to a local watchsmith but he has no screwdriver to take out the special 5-spoke screws. I ordered a set off of eBay which should be here in a week and he said he will try again.
He also said it's an easy fix, it just looks like something is either caught or stuck on it - he just needs to get into the watch casing. Hopefully I'll have a positive update when all that is done...

Does anyone happen to know if you can just remove the front of the case instead of going in from the back?