• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 35-01 Z (not ZF) ready

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
There’s tons of factories that have similar letters in their name. Point is: it’s not ZF.

Reactions: TheDonSL

gclass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/16
From research, I learnt that the rm case is made up of hundreds of layers of ultra thin carbon fiber prepeg tape as shown above. It is heated and compressed. It is finally carved.
The question is, does the pattern happen due to the heat or is it finished?

Anyway, it would be interesting if someone could add to this technical discussion. Perhaps one day one can buy the tape, heat it, and paste it to any watch and solve the pattern issue.

That being said, I like the curvature of the new model way more that the kvf models.

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
So is it a different Z - Factory? As their sticker differs? Or is the ZF we refer to ZF - Factory (ZFF)?

Last edited:

Timrm

24/4/18
Seems like ZF was too slow !! Now we got a pretty good rm rep !

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
From research, I learnt that the rm case is made up of hundreds of layers of ultra thin carbon fiber prepeg tape as shown above. It is heated and compressed. It is finally carved.
The question is, does the pattern happen due to the heat or is it finished?

Anyway, it would be interesting if someone could add to this technical discussion. Perhaps one day one can buy the tape, heat it, and paste it to any watch and solve the pattern issue.

That being said, I like the curvature of the new model way more that the kvf models.

Yes you are right the TPT carbon is made of multilayered prepreg where each layer is turned by 45° - the layer height is very low as every unidirectional fiber sheet is not thicker than 0.15mm

The RM Bezel got its distinct pattern through another important feature and that is the curvature of the prepreg block itself - the correct diameter of the TPT pipe that is cut into pieces to produce the bezel is on e of the most important factors to achieve the correct pattern appearance. That said the over all bezel shape and curve influences the TPT pattern a lot which results in completely wrong results like on the KVF.

Beside that it is interesting to know that the marble effect comes from the polishing of each cut fiber surface which is larger and smaller depending on the angle that they were cut. Maybe a bit difficult to explain as english is not my mother language and i am fairly no expert on TPT hehe

Reactions: gclass

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
I was talking with the Instagram seller that was showing images of it shown above in this forum. He told me the thickness is around 14.35-40mm which if true is amazing! I hope it's true, you never know since they are not a TD, I can't wait for TDs to get these so we can see if it's true

VbiRf2.jpg

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Nice, the forged carbon pattern is good, but I still prefer the RM35-02 for the silicone strap and the way he fits the case.
I would love a similar design with a "sailcloth" type of strap as on the RM35-01

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
velcro strap is the most comfortable strap ever

this said, FC pattern is a huge improvement but the side pics was cockblocking

Reactions: MonsieurMax