• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Richard Mille KVF 11-03

Svermillion

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/15
I bought this Richard Mille 11-03 back in September of 2018. I received the watch and could not get it to work. I've always hear that you should never ever hand wind the A7750 movement. After many failed attempts of self winding in hand by swirling it around to start the movement I still had no luck. I reached out to the dealer and he told me to hand wind 30-40X then hit hard against hand. That worked! the watch ran for weeks just out of normal wear. This watch will only work if you hand wind with stem and hit hard against hand thats it, won't work otherwise.

Recently i've noticed the watch is just stopping on my wrist, I'll take off reset and hit on hand....starts working again. It's starting to stop all the time and is losing time all over the place. I'll get a good hour or so of good time keeping then it will just stop. The reserve is really and and will stop after not taking the watch off in 15min.

What should I do? Do you think the watch just needs to be serviced?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yeah it seems like you need service.
ive never heard you shouldn’t handwind a7750 movements? I always do it with my 7750 movements and I never had any problems.
Maybe someone else can elaborate on handwinding 7750???

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
7750s have a relatively high gear ratio for their winding. Just wind it slow or else you risk stripping the gears.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
7750s have a relatively high gear ratio for their winding. Just wind it slow or else you risk stripping the gears.

Good to know.
I have a few a7750 and I never had that problem and I’m winding those movement pretty fast. Maybe those new a7750 are more refined.

Svermillion

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/15
Thank you for the feed back. I've looked into servicing but fear its beyond just service. Whats strange is that the movements power reserve is good and will last for days after wearing it normal and hand winding 20X or so but it will start losing time quickly after taking it off. It will loose hours overnight but continue to run!! What is the cause of this?