• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM011 Dark Night KVF version (rcom review)

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Dark Night arrived yesterday and I’m positively surprised with this KVF release.

(Bright light)

FC pattern is refined now. It runs horizontally with some areas that are uneven as it should be. It’s a big step in a right direction by KVF.
I wish there were more uneven areas but it’s WAY-WAY better than anything else available on the market right now. It looks great.
Complexity of the pattern can be achieved - it’s more complex on the back case. It also depends how it was cut. But the big thing for me is the direction pattern runs. Ok lets see some pics of the case and FC pattern in different lighting conditions.

Dial looks great. Kvf payed more attention to subdials so markings are accurate. Many KVF rm011s have incorrect markings on the 9oclock subdial that also include white ghost.

Crystal is about the same as I’m white ghost that I used to own. It does reflect light. But it’s not a deal killer as it can be fixed by prof Steve. However gen rm watches don’t have 2AR.

Lume shits:

Strap and clasp are same kvf rm011 white ghost quality.

Thickness and shape of the case is still the same. But I think overall feel of the rep is more premium than white ghost I used to own. At one point I will compare them together side by side.

Some pics of the gen Dark Night:

More pics of KVF:

In conclusion it’s a very good rep. I really like it. I think pics speaks for itself. I took all pics with iPhone.

I’m waiting to see what ZF comes out with. I think I will skip ZF rm052 skull as it’s too cheesy for me but I will definitely get ZF RM011 when it comes out - who knows how long we will wait.

In the meantime I’m thinking about newly released kvf rm035 America.
Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: tecbarrera

555yedped

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/18
Cambridge
thanks for the wonderful review. I am very curious about the big date, does it actually work? what about the sub dials?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Gotta love them lume shits, hahaha!

Joking aside, looks great, is a definite improvement (I had a KVF Felipe Massa anniversary edition RM011). Makes me want one again!!!

DC

Reactions: phdsjain

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Gotta love them lume shits, hahaha!

Joking aside, looks great, is a definite improvement (I had a KVF Felipe Massa anniversary edition RM011). Makes me want one again!!!

DC
I think you DC pushed me over the cliff to buy this KVF dark night with FC case.
i had white ghost - I decided to sell it to a friend but I will be able to compare them side to side at one point.

im waiting to see ZF rm011 - will buy it if it’s any good (you never know it with RM reps). I think RM053 (skull) is too cheesy for me.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I think it would be great if there was manual change but I don’t think that would be possible without increasing thickness of the watch which i think thickness is more important.

when it comes to rm011 they would have to clone the movement which won’t happen.
actually month window is so small on those rm011 you can be barly see it. It gets lost with all other things on the dial.

Sokrates94

Looking Around
3/5/18
Very nice ???? ????
I am new to RM just looked into RM035 and RM027 but KVS uses different Miyota movements are the both fine?
I have no idea on which to choose.

Or maybe RM011 is a better choice?

I must ask if some of you have experiance with RM069? Does the rotating of the text line work well?

Thanks ????

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Very nice ???? ????
I am new to RM just looked into RM035 and RM027 but KVS uses different Miyota movements are the both fine?
I have no idea on which to choose.

Or maybe RM011 is a better choice?

I must ask if some of you have experiance with ? Does RM069 the rotating of the text line work well?

Thanks ????

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

I think that new RM035 America’s is quite nice.
https://puretime.io/rm035-02-americ...on-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-miyota8215.html
dial look very close to gen except small part of the bottom of the dial.

Miyota movements are very solid and inexpensive to repair.

dint buy RM069, stick to newest KVF versions.

RM001 is nice but dial doesn’t look gen. If they did bridges on the dial dark grey instead of silver it would be great rep.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Month function doesn’t work. It also won’t work on upcoming ZF RM011s.
They would have to ether clone rm movement (it obvious won’t happen) or add manual month switch but that would increase thickness which would be crazy.
We wont have rm011 rep with working month anytime soon if ever.

Henkdevries1973

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/10/18
Very nice watch
i just ordered the RM011-03RG with yellow strap
hope mine is arriving soon