• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Does it start running when you shake it a little bit?

I just started winding it a little evem though it was ''full'' and it started spinning again but there definitely is something wrong with the power reserve indicator because it has gone completely beyond what it should.

I've drawn up what I mean here:https://picr.me/image/WJi1K it's like beyond the maximum possible

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I just started winding it a little evem though it was ''full'' and it started spinning again but there definitely is something wrong with the power reserve indicator because it has gone completely beyond what it should.

I've drawn up what I mean here:https://picr.me/image/WJi1K it's like beyond the maximum possible

Those power reserve indicator can be pretty inaccurate on some of reps. Some are better some are worst.
If I were you I’d wind it up 20 times or until you fell slight resistance, shake it slightly and and let it sit on the table to see how long it will run for. I woudn’t pay attention of power reserve indicator.

i have one of those segul tourbilion movements in my A. lange & söhne 1815 and so far it’s been extreamly solid.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Those power reserve indicator can be pretty inaccurate on some of reps. Some are better some are worst.
If I were you I’d wind it up 20 times or until you fell slight resistance, shake it slightly and and let it sit on the table to see how long it will run for. I woudn’t pay attention of power reserve indicator.

i have one of those segul tourbilion movements in my A. lange & söhne 1815 and so far it’s been extreamly solid.

My indicator seems to just go forward and never backward, the both indicators are at a point where they're touching each other, I'm not sure if they're on different planes but I'm afraid if I wind it anymore it will snap.

reyes_statefarm

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/1/17
i still wait for a better RM, it looks like it very hard to replicate a correct RM :((

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Well my watch seems to be working fine, it's just the power reserve indicator which was among the primary reasons why I bought this watch that just seems to go forward while winding but doesn't slowly go down but just stays there until it runs for a few days and then dies and then you wind it again and it just continues to go forward but never back defeating the whole purpose. Oh well.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
The movement supply that maker has access to is not reliable. That’s why you and others soon may have issues. I would have stayed away from those reps.

Miaurt

Horology Curious
13/8/18
Hello to owners. Anybody succeded in removing/changing strap on this rep?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Hello to owners. Anybody succeded in removing/changing strap on this rep?

read all the pages - there was one who tried to remove it and had to mention that it is a pain to remove it from the case because it isn't attached like the gen strap.

Reactions: darknite

richhomie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/15
I think this is the best looking RM rep at the moment. Proportions are on point, unlike KVF's RMs... I just dont get why they havent made any good RM005 or RM010, at least with a decent proportion. Much cheaper to produce, no complication at all and would sell a lot more than this one. The dial is clean, the price is quite good when compared to other RMs, size is good for almost everyone. Most rep owners i know would rather buy a RM005 than the RM011

Reactions: SuperLory

BIONONE

28/4/17
I think this is the best looking RM rep at the moment. Proportions are on point, unlike KVF's RMs... I just dont get why they havent made any good RM005 or RM010, at least with a decent proportion. Much cheaper to produce, no complication at all and would sell a lot more than this one. The dial is clean, the price is quite good when compared to other RMs, size is good for almost everyone. Most rep owners i know would rather buy a RM005 than the RM011

angus explained in another thread why the makers don't rep such "simple" watches.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Yeah but most prospective rep buyers are not from RWI and buy only to show off, therefore factories tend to replicate only well-known models, which in the case of RM means 011 and all its variations

Reactions: fitipaldi

buohazard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/18
Any clues how to change the strap ? Anyone finally open the watch and check how it’s attached ?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Yes, it’s attached by spring bars, so unfortunately other RM straps will not fit the 001. This is a pity as I think it would look great on a decent red strap.

springbar.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: buohazard

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
How would one go about servicing one of these though?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Yes, it’s attached by spring bars, so unfortunately other RM straps will not fit the 001. This is a pity as I think it would look great on a decent red strap.

springbar.jpeg

Lol, just noticed "SWEISS MADE"

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17