• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
From what I can research on the net, this appears to have a Seagull 818.860 tourbillion movement with power reserve indicator added. Can anyone confirm?

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Amazing that these 001’s are out of stock already, wonder how many they made? Maybe they have been surprised by demand considering the price. DC, I meant if they repped that, I would certainly be up for it, 021 as you say is similar to 001 though they may struggle with the gear box (neutral, hands and wind) though I guess that they would make that faux). After a week, still enjoying mine - I am doing a test on the power reserve, even with only winding up to 65 on the power reserve, I have been going for 38 hours and still showing 26 hours left. It will be interesting to see what I get when it stops!

Thats because they produce in very few quantities due the expenses and movement availability (which takes time to assemble) from seagull. Its not the average sub that is produced a million times over and over lol.

_DC_ fml i didnt got it in time :p

Reactions: theREALgoat

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
OK, 60 hours so far and not from fully wound. I do think if I wound it round to 78 hrs, I would literally get that, seeing as how I have got 60 hours so far, when wound to 65 hrs and it is still going. To be honest I wasn’t expecting the gauge to be that accurate but it seems it is!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
OK, 60 hours so far and not from fully wound. I do think if I wound it round to 78 hrs, I would literally get that, seeing as how I have got 60 hours so far, when wound to 65 hrs and it is still going. To be honest I wasn’t expecting the gauge to be that accurate but it seems it is!

That’s not too bad.
I have this Pam 417 that can run for 7 days and it’s not even fully wound. It’s absolutely mind blowing. I even don’t know how is that possible.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

Same here, 52 hours down (wasn’t fully wound) and still circa 20 hours left on the reserve, does seem pretty accurate!

It’s just yet another awesome thing about this watch, I can’t get enough of it!!

DC

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Finally got mine in earlier today.

h70n9tt.jpg

n5aCpib.jpg

​​​​​​​
lgkJyoh.jpg

Reactions: MattSPL and BIONONE

andre233

1/8/13
I think this is a huge advance in terms of dimensions. HOWEVER, we are still far away from something acceptable. Honestly, I wish they put in the same effort into making a nice rep sizewise as they do regarding the details of the dial. The original RM001 is a bit less than 12mm in height. For those who never saw one in person, it's a very similar height to the Rolex Datejust 36mm. Therefore at 15 mm this is not even close. I will buy one when they break the barrier of 13mm. For those who don't care though, go ahead. It's a nice rep overall.

Reactions: SuperLory

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I think this is a huge advance in terms of dimensions. HOWEVER, we are still far away from something acceptable. Honestly, I wish they put in the same effort into making a nice rep sizewise as they do regarding the details of the dial. The original RM001 is a bit less than 12mm in height. For those who never saw one in person, it's a very similar height to the Rolex Datejust 36mm. Therefore at 15 mm this is not even close. I will buy one when they break the barrier of 13mm. For those who don't care though, go ahead. It's a nice rep overall.

was this comment even necessary? you're not getting one, you could have it kept it moving instead of being a debbie downer/captain obvious while these guys are getting excited about their new watches.

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
exactly, this watch has been very successful if you compare it to AP tourbillon, we have real tourbillon just like AP, curved case, curved sapphire, power reserve indicator, dial with depth. if they couldn't thin that AP tourbillon, what makes you think they could thin this to match the gen dimensions

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

Whilst I do see what you are saying I would make a few observations.

Firstly a Rolex DateJust is shaped very differently such that it appears thinner than it actually is, because the case is convex at the edge and the bezel is sloped the visual impact of its thickness is significantly reduced. The RM001 however is the same thickness all the way up to its completely flat sides! I guess what I’m saying is if you put the gen RM001 next to the gen DateJust it would still look thick!

Secondly what we’re all missing here is the limitations of the movement and the fact that the reps dimensions are actually due to the factories being very clever. Let me explain. The thickness of the movement isn’t the problem!! The distance between the centre point where the hands are mounted and the centre point of the tourbillon is the problem!! This is larger than the gen movement, but the movement dimensions can’t be changed, they just have to work with it. So to stop it looking odd the size of the dial from 12 to 6 must be longer. That then dictates the size from 9 to 3 as it has to be proportionate or it will again look odd. That then sets the case diameter and lug to lug size, and in turn this dictates the case thickness as it all has to be proportionate to ensure that the overall watch looks close to gen. All the dimensions are circa 10% bigger than gen! Very clever!

You can see the struggle they had to make it work when you look at the tourbillon cut out which partially falls off the bottom of the dial far more than the gen, it’s all just tweaks to make the overall proportions work!!

It ain’t easy this rep making game, I think in this case they deserve a little more credit than you are affording them!

DC

Last edited:

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Eloquently put DC. I had always thought the movement thickness was the main problem, but I can see that the radius of the central hand pivot to the edge of the tourbillion is a major factor in determining the final case size and then subsequently all dimensions must be in proportion to each other. Whilst it would be superb to have the case gen size, the watch does still look good and is more the finished size of say a gen RM 011 and for the first time in a rep the side profile curvature is more gen like and the watch is extremely comfortable on the wrist, definitely a step forward in RM reps.

Hopefully, the next batch will fix the few spelling flaws on the case back - the back is the main area that would benefit from some extra work and could be fairly easily improved along with the strap quality, but as a package from the front the watch is still great.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I’m fashionably late to this party. Looks like RMs have improved somewhat since I last checked. And with a real tourbillon?? I’m in hog heaven!

Never mind me. I’ll just help myself to some bubbly. Carry on! :D

Reactions: Murr

MattSPL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/18
Any more updates on the RM001?
can the strap be removed and will a gen Velcro strap fit?
Thanks

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Any more updates on the RM001?
can the strap be removed and will a gen Velcro strap fit?
Thanks

Well the latest update is that you can’t actually get it anymore, sold out, so any other updates are kinda redundant unless they do another production run (which I’m sure they will)!

Not checked the strap situation though, if I broke it while taking it apart I would cry because a) it was expensive b) I can’t get another one right now and c) I’m way too busy wearing it and loving it. So for now will just sit tight. Would love it even more on Velcro I have to say, but it sounds like that’s not an option!

DC

Reactions: MattSPL

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
jbf is the factory that has developed blancpain and roger dubuis tourbillon (double fly tourbillon), and I heard that they are trying to replicate a 3axis tourbillon lol

I have seen the video of the 3axis they made and that are testing. Looks really impressive however I belive that the price tag will be too high for most of us. Sorry, I am not allowed to share for the moment the video within the forum.

Reactions: Murr

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I have seen the video of the 3axis they made and that are testing. Looks really impressive however I belive that the price tag will be too high for most of us. Sorry, I am not allowed to share for the moment the video within the forum.

Can you at least tell us for which brand they are developing it?