• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Maybe there are more screws underneath the bezel or screws under the bottom bezel. The strap does look identical in proportion to the gen one, it certainly was a surprise when I removed the screws to find the threads only a couple of mm long and the strap showing no signs of moving, however all will be revealed when the bezels come off. On most of the RM 11’s there is inconsistency in the depth of screws between the different holes whereas on this, they do look more accurate and are sunk to an identical depth.
DC, any signs of yours arriving?

Not yet, I feel like I’ve been waiting forever, it’s killing me haha!

Its left China, I know that much, so it’s gotta be any day now!!

DC

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Maybe there are more screws underneath the bezel or screws under the bottom bezel. The strap does look identical in proportion to the gen one, it certainly was a surprise when I removed the screws to find the threads only a couple of mm long and the strap showing no signs of moving, however all will be revealed when the bezels come off. On most of the RM 11’s there is inconsistency in the depth of screws between the different holes whereas on this, they do look more accurate and are sunk to an identical depth.
DC, any signs of yours arriving?

pictures are welcome - those build reviews are always appreciated! :)

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
For all the flaws that this watch has (most are on the back), there is something about it that I don’t feel with my other Rm reps, the pictures somehow don’t do it justice, and it’s really comfortable and the scale/shape is great. Yes it was expensive but I am still OK with it. I have no doubt that V2 will be awesome.

Hope yours arrives soon DC, it will be good to get your take on it.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I paid for mine the day after DC ordered his, and took 2 more weeks before a QC w/o blue screws came in. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of next week.

goan

20/9/13
Here are a few pics of my old RM052, maybe it's the same way to fix the strap on your RM001 ;)
Hope this help :)

photo_10.jpg

photo_11.jpg

MattSPL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/18
Any opinions on the 2 silver finishes of the RM001? One appears to be a brushed steel and the other bead blasted.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Any opinions on the 2 silver finishes of the RM001? One appears to be a brushed steel and the other bead blasted.

what do you want to hear?

one is brushed the other sand blasted both look good. for personal preference the sand blast look more gen like IMO

Reactions: MattSPL

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Goan, thanks for the info, I had not considered that type of fixing! That could well be it, but would dash my hopes of fitting the gen strap that I have.

theREALgoat, which TD is yours coming from. I guess I was lucky, the QC pics came quite quickly and looked good and took 2 weeks from start to finish! I did miss the “Swiess Made” though. I spotted the ‘RN 001’ but was able to live with that as the back of the watch is a bit iffy anyway. I was torn between the 2 finishes but plumped for the brushed one as I can repair it if I scratch it - I do like the look of the bead blasted finish though - which finish did you go for?

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

The bead blasted finish is meant to resemble titanium as they have given it a grey look, but the gen is white gold with a brushed finish and doesn’t come in titanium, so there’s your answer, go brushed or go home, haha!!

DC

Reactions: MattSPL

MattSPL

9/6/18
Thanks for the replies. I do prefer the bead blasted finish but habeobly seen the brushed finish on any Gen pics.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Goan, thanks for the info, I had not considered that type of fixing! That could well be it, but would dash my hopes of fitting the gen strap that I have.

theREALgoat, which TD is yours coming from. I guess I was lucky, the QC pics came quite quickly and looked good and took 2 weeks from start to finish! I did miss the “Swiess Made” though. I spotted the ‘RN 001’ but was able to live with that as the back of the watch is a bit iffy anyway. I was torn between the 2 finishes but plumped for the brushed one as I can repair it if I scratch it - I do like the look of the bead blasted finish though - which finish did you go for?

Got mine from Toro, brushed finish.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks for the replies. I do prefer the bead blasted finish but habeobly seen the brushed finish on any Gen pics.

Yeah like I said you won’t see any other finish on the gen other than white gold brushed finish or rose gold brushed finish, that’s all there ever was. Bear in mind the watch was only made in 2001 and only 17 examples ever existed, so most of the pics you see are probably the same watch photographed by press several different times!

DC

MattSPL

9/6/18
I like what they are doing with the RM reps and hope they continue to develop the designs as I can only dream of owning a gen.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
From what DC says, I’m glad I went with the brushed finish. I have had one comment so far from someone who said ”that’s a nice watch”, but I find that no one knows who Richard Mille is outside of real watch enthusiasts. The fact that there are only 17 or so gens floating around means that your not likely to bump into someone wearing one, unlike submariners where it seems everyone has one, to the point that I wonder how many are real, which is the first thing I think when I see one.

MattSPL

9/6/18
I see Ed Sheeran likes his watches and has a few Richard Mille’s, I wonder will that boost Rep sales if his fans want the watch he wears?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
I think most people would not know where to start to buy a rep and also would not trust sending their hard earned to China. They don’t know what we know or are necessarily that interested I guess.

Last edited:

MattSPL

9/6/18
Yes true, you’d have to be interested in watches and on these forums I guess.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I think most people would not know where to start to buy a rep and also would not trust sending their hard earned to China. They don’t know what we know or are necessarily that interested I guess.

Oh man, i have the same wrist size as you and im so excited how perfect it looked on your wrist. I always had the issue with RM being way too bulky on my wrist. But with 15mm height and 40mm case, this looks great!! Need to order it asap haha.

So did you already figured out the strap attachment?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi Stuvetjee,

No, I haven't sussed the strap out yet as I am getting a new 5 star tool from Intime to remove the bezels - my current 5 star tool is a bit too small for the screws. I probably won't have that for a while. If I get really impatient I might put a drill down the end of the current tool (sounds painful) that I have, so I can use that to remove the bezels. Until I do that I'm a bit snookered really. I think I will find it is like Goan says in post 266, that they have used spring bars to attach the strap, but we will see. Maybe DC's or theREALgoat's will arrive and maybe one of those guys has the correct size tool

The size of the watch is fab, I wish you all the best with your purchase, let us know when it arrives - took 2 weeks and 1 day for mine start to finish, with Intime :)

Reactions: antotony0203