• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
IT’S HERE!!!

FAAFEA10-9_FDB-45_EF-_B5_B3-49_E6357_D20_F7.jpg

Anyone who thinks the dial is too flat, I couldn’t disagree more...

B98595_D5-0832-4384-98_A9-_F0_E03_EB6_DB4_F.jpg

70_DE60_B9-3_AFB-4775-9_B15-_ECC34_A35_A915.jpg

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Hi Stuvetjee,

No, I haven't sussed the strap out yet as I am getting a new 5 star tool from Intime to remove the bezels - my current 5 star tool is a bit too small for the screws. I probably won't have that for a while. If I get really impatient I might put a drill down the end of the current tool (sounds painful) that I have, so I can use that to remove the bezels. Until I do that I'm a bit snookered really. I think I will find it is like Goan says in post 266, that they have used spring bars to attach the strap, but we will see. Maybe DC's or theREALgoat's will arrive and maybe one of those guys has the correct size tool

The size of the watch is fab, I wish you all the best with your purchase, let us know when it arrives - took 2 weeks and 1 day for mine start to finish, with Intime :)

Sure enough, mine arrived today and my spline scree tool fits perfectly. However, I’m not about to crack her open when I’ve only just got her and she cost $800, so I can’t help with the strap question I’m afraid!

I know from when I bought my tool there are a few different sizes you can get for the different sizes spline screws used in these reps, there are also 5 prong and 4 prong ones!

I’m blown away by mine, the strap does let it down although it’s better than I though it would be, but it’s a little too bulky. Not the end of the world though! Also taken by surprise at just how heavy it is, I’d become used to the lightweight RM carbon reps so this was a bit of a shock, it does weigh a fair amount, but given the gen is made of gold I’d expect that’s pretty heavy too!!

DC

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Sure enough, mine arrived today and my spline scree tool fits perfectly. However, I’m not about to crack her open when I’ve only just got her and she cost $800, so I can’t help with the strap question I’m afraid!

I know from when I bought my tool there are a few different sizes you can get for the different sizes spline screws used in these reps, there are also 5 prong and 4 prong ones!

I’m blown away by mine, the strap does let it down although it’s better than I though it would be, but it’s a little too bulky. Not the end of the world though! Also taken by surprise at just how heavy it is, I’d become used to the lightweight RM carbon reps so this was a bit of a shock, it does weigh a fair amount, but given the gen is made of gold I’d expect that’s pretty heavy too!!

DC

Detailed review please :)

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
DC, looking good! Taking it yours has the same flaws as mine on the back - doesn’t it fit a treat though. What is your impression next to the RM011 03! I am sure you have both as I do. Love the 11 03 but it hasn’t had a look in since this arrived.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
DC, looking good! Taking it yours has the same flaws as mine on the back - doesn’t it fit a treat though. What is your impression next to the RM011 03! I am sure you have both as I do. Love the 11 03 but it hasn’t had a look in since this arrived.

At the moment this is my only RM, I haven’t owned the RM011-03, but used to have the carbon RM011 Anniversary piece. This is a very different watch, the proportions are totally different, considerably thinner, yet noticeably heavier (figure that one out) and more classic!

I obviously sold my RM011, but I think if I hadn’t it would also be sitting in the box in favour of this RM001. It’s really very very good!!!

DC

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
@_DC_

Looks very good. In fact,...I was not expecting that. Wear it in good health.

MattSPL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/18
Great pics, congrats. Just a question, are the grey and black gears on the face functional with the hands or just for show?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Great pics, congrats. Just a question, are the grey and black gears on the face functional with the hands or just for show?

They’re just for show, not sure if it would be possible to make them functional so that’s fair enough. Power reserve works nicely, the winding feel is pretty good too although I’d like more of a click, but it’s got a nice resistance as a hand wound movement should.

Also something I hadn’t realised, the torque indicator mirrors the power reserve, so it does move as well. I’d maybe prefer if it were fixed and pointing at the optimum torque band, but it’s nice to have so many working parts to an RM rep so I’ll let them off!

DC

Reactions: MattSPL

wassuphk

20/5/16
Ordered the sliver one !but no stock ,only gold available

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
Ordered the sliver one !but no stock ,only gold available

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

I am trying to locate a gold one, could you please send me a private message with your TD? Thanks a lot!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Boy am I glad I got in quick on this one!

A friend of mine and well known forum moderator has tried to acquire one and been told they are out of stock in ALL colours!!

DC

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Boy am I glad I got in quick on this one!

A friend of mine and well known forum moderator has tried to acquire one and been told they are out of stock in ALL colours!!

DC

Lol bro they are out of stock because they are already making V2...

Reactions: SuperLory

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Lol bro they are out of stock because they are already making V2...

Good, if this is true then it’s a good sign that more RM reps are coming, which is great news in my book!

Surely an RM021 rep is the logical next step?!?

DC

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Amazing that these 001’s are out of stock already, wonder how many they made? Maybe they have been surprised by demand considering the price. DC, I meant if they repped that, I would certainly be up for it, 021 as you say is similar to 001 though they may struggle with the gear box (neutral, hands and wind) though I guess that they would make that faux). After a week, still enjoying mine - I am doing a test on the power reserve, even with only winding up to 65 on the power reserve, I have been going for 38 hours and still showing 26 hours left. It will be interesting to see what I get when it stops!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Amazing that these 001’s are out of stock already, wonder how many they made? Maybe they have been surprised by demand considering the price. DC, I meant if they repped that, I would certainly be up for it, 021 as you say is similar to 001 though they may struggle with the gear box (neutral, hands and wind) though I guess that they would make that faux). After a week, still enjoying mine - I am doing a test on the power reserve, even with only winding up to 65 on the power reserve, I have been going for 38 hours and still showing 26 hours left. It will be interesting to see what I get when it stops!

I noticed this too, wound it up to about 70 hours yesterday at 4pm, that was 29 hours ago, and it currently reads just over 40 hours. Could it actually have a 78 hour power reserve?!?!

DC

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
It does sound like this may be possible. I don’t really know much about this Seagull tourbillion movement, dos anyone else know any details. I will see what I can find out.