• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Dimensions of the Gen:

38.30 x 45.00 mm

Thickness: 11.85 mm

Rep Dimensions:
Size 40mm x 48mm
Thickness: 15mm

Rep is about 3 mm larger on y and z axis and 1.7mm on the x axis.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Pfft, if you ruled out RM reps on dimensions then you’d never buy an RM rep, besides which I’d bet most people on here would say the gen was too small at those dimensions!!

DC

Are you saying the rep is better shaped than gen ? Cos I’m not buying it man..

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Are you saying the rep is better shaped than gen ? Cos I’m not buying it man..

No not at all, lol, I’m just saying most people prefer larger watches. If they came with a 38mm RM rep I think a lot of people would say it’s too small.

I’ve never seen a gen RM001 or RM002 in person to pass comment, but I’m guessing they look bloody awesome, just saying don’t knock this rep just coz it’s a few mm larger!

DC

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Well I’m happy to see how the factory keeps on developing to create a better RM rep each day. Now, being the first RM Tourbillon Rep, this one, I would say that I am quite impressed though obviously further development is still highly possible for the time being and one day they’ll eventually come with a more proper version, so I’ll keep an eye on that

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
:hehehe:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
if they find a way in PVD coat the shown plain movement parts - it would really improve the over all look of the tourbillon cut out.

Then they need to polish those screws and it will look closer to gen.

maybe it will be possible to reshape the case a bit. maybe there will be close up videos in good lighting soon so you can see the quality of deco that is slapped onto the dial.

The back is a complete fuckery again... haha :D

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
just finished watching a gen review on youtube, can't wait for someone in the forum to review it! RM space is getting more and more exciting

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
This is a great start and if they continue to develop on it or if other factories get inspired by this I am sure they can achieve much closer.

DLC movment is possible New Panerai Tuttonero has the full black movement.
AR'd crystal

The lug screws are 4 pronged and gen is 5 pronged.

But the bezel shape is by far the best nice and slim like the gen. KVF bezels are all too wide.

Another great Tourbillion RM's can be RM 022

20921092944deda6b95bcbc541cfdbfc.jpg

BIONONE

28/4/17
This is a great start and if they continue to develop on it or if other factories get inspired by this I am sure they can achieve much closer.

DLC movment is possible New Panerai Tuttonero has the full black movement.
AR'd crystal

The lug screws are 4 pronged and gen is 5 pronged.

But the bezel shape is by far the best nice and slim like the gen. KVF bezels are all too wide.

You are right!

But before they try repping things like that they need to step up their game on simpler things like over all watch case - thickness and the right form are so important on the wrist...

Then they can jump on the "material train" and develop the look of their cases (especially NTPT)

and after all that we can talk about a decent rep with complications IMHO :D

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
There's only 17 RM001 made, so it's pretty rare. the red power reserve is too long, thickness is probably tough to fix with stock movement being thick, this is definitely going the right direction

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12

20921092944deda6b95bcbc541cfdbfc.jpg

It looks awesome, but unfortunately the movement is too complicated, not the tourbillon itself but the “click crown” first click is to wind the movement, second is neutral and third click is to set the time. W,N,H.

My favourite rm is the RM02 and it has the exact same crown mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
Order placed :)

DC

looking forward to see a nice and honest DC review soon!

keep us updated - maybe a little sneak peak when you accepted your QC - highly appreciated ;)

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
just couldn't resist could you lol

Nope, I literally could not!

It took three watch sales to raise funds including one I said I’d never sell, that’s how much I couldn’t resist!

If it’s crap I’m gonna be pissed, haha!

DC