• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 rm-053-01

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
So, what do you guys think :)?

8_EBCCE90_AAC1_4_B0_B_9_CD9_4_F30_DAE21382.jpg

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
reppists

why do factories focus on such complicated pieces rather than simple designs like RM05 or RM10?

It is a good job, they have come preaty close but the problem is that as usually the rep RM look like cheap plastic watches. i really wish that they make the case slimer because 16mm (gen) is big at 18+ its a brick on wrist... They surely are doing better and better ill give them that.

RM53-01_mvt.jpg

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

BIONONE

28/4/17
What td is selling this?

Well reppists always announce some upcoming projects.

So i guess in the next few days or even weeks we will see those models on one of the dealers like TS (or Trusty but he is not a TD here!)

BIONONE

28/4/17
And if you ask me - i must say - at first sight i thought it is OK.

But then there come the obvious tells... fake tourbillon is a total deal breaker and the carbon pattern too not speaking about the fantasy color combinations...

BUT what Keylog already asked - Why the hell don't they clone simpler models? I cant imagine that the asian market for a 1million (plus) dollar watch limited to less than 40 pieces i think is big enough...

I mean yeah most of the buyers don't have a clue on what complications are and rock the shit out those watches because of the name and the flex

but why don't they focus on the NTPT pattern (using the real NTPT material) or focussing on simpler models by spending all the wasted resources for such fantasy builds and clone the simple RM005 movement...

it could be so easy but they waste time and money and even materials and yeah effort on those reps... Just like the latest released Lotus diamond piece...

A simple RM10 or RM55 with working gears and a real skeleton movement would be so simple when noob is abled to clone a freaking 4130 chrono movement... The RM005 isn't that complicated, it just looks fancy, nothing the rep makers couldn't do - they have to want to do... IMHO

BIONONE

28/4/17
In both concepts it was necessary that the watch could be hit with a polo bat or can be hit by a polo ball without affecting the movement or the glas...

IMHO the design is way better than the first pablo mcdonough but anyway - why the hell must someone wear a 1.2 million dollar watch during this ridiculous sport matches...

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
In both concepts it was necessary that the watch could be hit with a polo bat or can be hit by a polo ball without affecting the movement or the glas...

IMHO the design is way better than the first pablo mcdonough but anyway - why the hell must someone wear a 1.2 million dollar watch during this ridiculous sport matches...

You are correct the old one was horrible

Not a bad effort from them. Looks very decent. They have many versions of these. The correct one (which they do make) has “richard mille” written in the same baby blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
oh so there are so many people watching Polo RM thinks it deserves some product placement ?

TILT

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
even it's 1:1 i couldn't pull millions dollars watch

Actually I think this would be one of the easiest to pull off because you could just say it's a rep and no one could tell you anything ;)

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
oh so there are so many people watching Polo RM thinks it deserves some product placement ?

TILT

Polo is a wealthy man's sport, RM clients are wealthy people. It's a perfect match, just like F1 racing.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Polo is a wealthy man's sport, RM clients are wealthy people. It's a perfect match, just like F1 racing.

sure. but you can't compare the 2. F1 is known worldwide, polo just at the club where they play it.

Golf is a wealthy man's sport and has way more traction than polo and in fact Bubba..

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
sure. but you can't compare the 2. F1 is known worldwide, polo just at the club where they play it.

Golf is a wealthy man's sport and has way more traction than polo and in fact Bubba..

It's not saying they're comparable in popularity. Just that enough of their target demographic are fans of the sport which is the only requirement for them to want to market to Polo enthusiasts. They're not a "volume" moving brand like Rolex; they only produce ~4000 watches per year so they just need to target the people who can afford them.

Last edited:

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

Yes but Polo is a lot wealthier. Like Maserati vs Lamborghini money... ;)