• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Richard Mille RM-055 Bubba Watson "White Drive"

shykhai

Renowned Member
31/5/13
So today i had the opportunity to try the RM-55 White Drive. And boy, was i surprised and impressed by it!

In the past, Richard Mille reps were well known to be poorly built, shoddily finished and haphazardly put together. But this current offering from the factories, KVF specifically, has opened up a whole new world of possibilities. Granted, there won't be a truely 1:1 replica of an RM but i must say, KVF has done a rather swell job at making a rep for us Richard Mille fans an opportunity to own a decently built replica of our favourite brand.

That being said, of course, there are flaws. Some would say miniscule, some would say major. But to me, the rareness and uniqueness of the RM makes it a hard watch to see in the wild. Unless you surround yourselves with the "Millenation", chances of you bumping into another guy wearing a gen RM is pretty slim. My take on wearing really high end watches like this, be it gen or rep is to wear it with the utmost confidence.

The main flaws of the watch is again subjective to all. But for me, for the price it is being offered and versus the price the genuine watch is being offered at, i'd say we have a pretty good deal. Ultimately, the build of the watch is solid and it really feels very well made. I had the chance to handle a few gen RM before. Namely, i have had my hands on the RM-010, RM-011, RM-28 and the awesome RM-35-01, and as much as it sounds cliche, this RM-55 i have on my wrist gave me that same feeling as when i had the gen RMs on. The dial and the see thru movement, i mean, we got to give props to KVF for achieving an almost 80% resemblance to the genuine movement. I find myself mesmerised staring at the dial and seeing the watch on my wrist. Truly, i am very impressed with the overall feel of the watch. It sound materialistic, but i am happy to have it and will be sad when i return it to the owner later next week.

I just hope the factories will improve on certain things because the RM reps have gained in popularity of late. If they could do a truly nicer reps for the RM-005 or the RM-010, it will and surely be a best seller. Just don't do the same mistakes some of the other factories have done. I see no excuse when they have the genuine watch and yet, they can't get a simple watch such as the AP Diver at the first try. Can't believe there are 8 versions of it in total. And they still got it wrong. Anyway, that is for another discussion, haha. At the rate KVF is going, i am sure the RM reps will be better and better. And with ZFAC lurking in the corner, we can expect a great year for RM fans here in the Replica World. I wait with anticipation on what will be offered. It will be an expensive year if the reps continue to be of the quality KVF has set the standard at.

Below is my overall score and verdict.

Good:

Well built case and finishing

Dial is beautiful

Rubber strap feels nice on the wrist

The clasp is as per gen, nice and solid when it opens and closes

Overall feels very high quality, and gives you that "gen" feel.

Bad:

If there was a sour note, it would be the movement. If only a different kind of movement could be used to replicate perhaps 70-80 % of the genuine movement, i think alot of people would buy this replica. But, it is after all a sub 300-400 dollar rep. To even have the whole watch at 60-70% accurate is good enough for me.

Final Verdict:

This watch, to me is a definite buy to the right collector. If you want a fun statement piece that says "Fuck you, notice me" when you come into a room, then this is for you. Also if you are like me who is just a Richard Mille nerd through and through. But if you want an accurate piece to showoff and ballin' to people, this might not be the watch for you. Especially if your circle are watch snobs and you love to occasionally floss on Instagram. Ultimately, to me personally, buy what you want and buy what makes you happy. In the end, its all about you.

I wore this watch while going home taking the subway. LOL.

So i hope my review will convince those on the fence to jump ship and buy it! Join us, join the #millenation
1f917
Cheers all!

G

Photos not working my friend. Great write up however!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
Thanks for this, maybe I'll finally pull the trigger on one of these. I just wish they would come up with a much more accurate rep of the movement. Something custom being that it's just a very basic watch movement with no complications whatsoever. I would gladly pay $1k for such a watch!

shykhai

Renowned Member
31/5/13
Thanks for this, maybe I'll finally pull the trigger on one of these. I just wish they would come up with a much more accurate rep of the movement. Something custom being that it's just a very basic watch movement with no complications whatsoever. I would gladly pay $1k for such a watch!

I feel you man. They could have concentrated on the entry level RM Reps. the RM-005 and RM-010 has so much potential. Haha..but lets let how ZFac will fare.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Does anyone know if there is any TD that sells the watch in all white, rather than the silver case running up the side?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Even the gen has a Ti mid case. Some people have modded theirs, particularly on the black cases

Sent from the RWI App

The gen is Ti mid case but with a white rubberised finish so it is all white. I sprayed mine to make it closer to gen...

IMG_9393.jpg

Have since sold it!

DC

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
The gen is Ti mid case but with a white rubberised finish so it is all white. I sprayed mine to make it closer to gen...

IMG_9393.jpg

Have since sold it!

DC

That's stunning! What did you spray it with?

I have one of these but the edges of the strap have turned a pink colour that won't clean off! Just wondering if the straps with these are pink with a white coating? Any ideas on how to clean off?

BczsCJD.jpg

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
That's stunning! What did you spray it with?

I have one of these but the edges of the strap have turned a pink colour that won't clean off! Just wondering if the straps with these are pink with a white coating? Any ideas on how to clean off?

BczsCJD.jpg

I used enamel spray paint with a satin finish, there’s a thread about it somewhere!

The strap is just pure white, you must have transferred something into it from your skin or clothes!

DC

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I used enamel spray paint with a satin finish, there’s a thread about it somewhere!

The strap is just pure white, you must have transferred something into it from your skin or clothes!

DC

Any idea what to clean with?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Probably some sort of spirits, white spirit or meths, but the rubber may absorb the smell so it’s tough to say. I’d just try water and detergent to start with!

DC

Water isn't working, any other ideas?