• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

Timrm

24/4/18
Is angus still gone ? I would love to ask her about the 011.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I would totally buy a Charles LeClerc model 67-02 in a heartbeat. Every time I see one of the reps in the big fat cases it hurts

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
RM67-02 is apparently only 7.8mm thick, that doesn’t seem very realistic to expect factories to try rep it to be honest, maybe in 5-10-20 years time.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
These don’t mean anything if the overall curvature and shape of the watch looks like a potato. And it does. On any release I’ve seen so far.

I appreciate how critical you are of the current gen of releases, really helps put things into perspective. Being relatively new to the rep scene I was personally amazed at the RM035 V3 with the NTPT cases. I was shocked that a sub $1000 watch can have such a case, and to my untrained the curvature of the case seemed pretty good. Having done a bit more research into the current RM offerings I see there’s still a long long way to go.

Out of curiosity, are there any RM reps you considered good enough that you chose to buy it? Or are you waiting for something better (I.e. from ZF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Out of curiosity, are there any RM reps you considered good enough that you chose to buy it? Or are you waiting for something better (I.e. from ZF).
The 35 can be good if you get lucky on QC and mod a big further but it’s still nothing to get crazy about imo.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
The 35 can be good if you get lucky on QC and mod a big further but it’s still nothing to get crazy about imo.

The balance wheel ruins it for me. I saw a video of a gen, and I knew it was a dead giveaway. It really killed it for me, regardless of how good the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: QueTip

Timrm

24/4/18
Does anyone know when the mask should come out ? Is it the next zf release ?

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Does anyone know when the mask should come out ? Is it the next zf release ?

Waiting for this as well but it seems no one has any updates at all on this? [mention]trustytimewatch [/mention] [mention]puretime [/mention] any updates on the RM Mask?? Thanks

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Benjijm I saw that last night! As far as I know Z is NOT ZF but a separate factory with their own stuff. Case on it looks pretty decent but the deco is last gen. I wonder if Z is trying to split the difference between KVF's much better deco and the older case sizes which were closer to gen. I love the way it looks (colour is great, deco is meh but better than a lot that are out there) but having the generic datewheel at this point seems like cheaping out a little bit on a $600 rep. I might buy one but I'd need to see it on wrist in real life first to see if it's worth upgrading my oldie LeMans 11.

Reactions: RaidenG

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
Benjijm I saw that last night! As far as I know Z is NOT ZF but a separate factory with their own stuff. Case on it looks pretty decent but the deco is last gen. I wonder if Z is trying to split the difference between KVF's much better deco and the older case sizes which were closer to gen. I love the way it looks (colour is great, deco is meh but better than a lot that are out there) but having the generic datewheel at this point seems like cheaping out a little bit on a $600 rep. I might buy one but I'd need to see it on wrist in real life first to see if it's worth upgrading my oldie LeMans 11.

What intrigued me was the month wheel actually looks like it is functioning not just stationary like the KVF obviously not perfect. But RM never will be (at least not for another 10-15 years) I’ll just have to wait for a longer video if trusty releases one.

Sent from my 15202

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Date wheel is worse off the KVF :/
Agree.. The datewheel is the first thing i will look at... Is been fricking years since this thread had started, looks like we have to wait a bit more.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Agree.. The datewheel is the first thing i will look at... Is been fricking years since this thread had started, looks like we have to wait a bit more.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Yes unfortunately, I believe there will be a good RM11 rep, with least flaws amongs other RM reps as there are a lot of place to hide the movement. KVF RM 11s actually good apart from the case thickness and the ugly rotor they use. The rotor on this one is pretty good actually

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Benjijm Good eyes on that month wheel! It's definitely different from the others I've seen and I can't think of any reason to go that far but ignore the big date. I'm super interested to see some more details on this, and definitely a longer video.

tsikas I agree, I think the 11 is going to be the eventual best RM rep, it's the most popular and seems to have the most development focused on it. Here's hoping we get it sooner rather than later.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I really liked the baby blue case actually, looks exotic. I’ve had a friend commented on my ap forged carbon that it’s got a lot of scratches when it was new :D general public doesn’t really know what ntpt or forged carbon is :)

Reactions: GiantSquid