• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I dunno, seems like not many people have bought the RM035 or the RM052, wouldn’t blame them for walking away with all the BS complaining people have done comparing it to what ABD are charging three times the price for. Not sure what people expect when it’s a rep of such a high end and unique style brand!

Fingers crossed for the RM011 at least (and please the original version not the ugly -03)

DC

People bring the Rolex/Omega nitpicking mentality into the rep game of haute horlogerie brands like ALS,RM,VC, Patek etc. Not realizing it's being totally unrealistic.

the RM052 was bound to be a failure though as it didn't have the tourbillon.

Regarding the 035-02 I agree. I was hoping for them to make the simple RM 035 in carbon. It's a bit more elegant than the 01 and 02.

Reactions: Lariram

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
People bring the Rolex/Omega nitpicking mentality into the rep game of haute horlogerie brands like ALS,RM,VC, Patek etc. Not realizing it's being totally unrealistic.

Regarding the 035-02 I agree. I was hoping for them to make the simple RM 035 in carbon. It's a bit more elegant than the 01 and 02.

I think they should make an RM055 Bubba Watson, no carbon so no issue, and would be superb based on the case shape and sizing of the RM035 they have made. That could be an RM super rep for sure!!

DC

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I think they should make an RM055 Bubba Watson, no carbon so no issue, and would be superb based on the case shape and sizing of the RM035 they have made. That could be an RM super rep for sure!!

DC

Don‘t forget a skeletonized clone... well at least visually comparable with working balance wheel and see through appearance - LOL

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

DC

You're absolutely right. I would buy a RM055 from ZF any day. Because they get the case shape and thickness more near gen. The KVF/ABD etc are too thick for my liking.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12

The first rm35 would have been a better and probably easier choice! Maybe ZF picked the 35-02 because it is automatic and made it easier movement wise.

b7f1a19395ad068735a25019abfbcbca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The first rm35 would have been a better and probably easier choice! Maybe ZF picked the 35-02 because it is automatic and made it easier movement wise.

Yeah mate. This is the one. It’s lovely. Also one of the ‘cheaper’ gen RMs which could mean more will buy the rep.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Yeah mate. This is the one. It’s lovely. Also one of the ‘cheaper’ gen RMs which could mean more will buy the rep.

Same, this and the RM10 are my favorites from Richard Mille but don’t think ZF has any plans to rep either of them so I will just wait for their RM11.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16

This is the RM I've aways wanted a rep of, and I can't believe none of the "top" factories have made one.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Don‘t forget a skeletonized clone... well at least visually comparable with working balance wheel and see through appearance - LOL

This kid (listen to the voice, you'll see) in Alhambra, CA (15-20 minutes from me) raised $1M on Indiegogo for what is essentially a RM rip off.

What was funny is that instead of outright admitting the movement is Asian Seagull clone, he instead called it "customized Seagull movement".

Something to look at while we pass the time and wait for progress.

Most importantly, look at the price point and his initial funding goal. That should give us all quite a bit of insight as to how much these watches actually cost to make in China, from R&D to Production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=xL9DsD6sT0o&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZFUw79eb4

Indiegogo Link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ciga-design-z-series-mechanical-titanium-watch--4#/

Lariram

Renowned Member
24/2/16
Thanks for posting, very interesting. While I love the RM 035-02, I find this watch rather ugly. The way the strap fits the lugs looks very funky. I also live 20 mins. away from them.

Raphyalex

Horology Curious
4/4/20
Hello at all, I don't know if you know for RM11-03 all replica have same problem.. The numbers is not good! Factory inverse numbers 10 and 50! If one person know nice factory with good numbers ????

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hello at all, I don't know if you know for RM11-03 all replica have same problem.. The numbers is not good! Factory inverse numbers 10 and 50! If one person know nice factory with good numbers ????

RM Factory

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
This kid (listen to the voice, you'll see) in Alhambra, CA (15-20 minutes from me) raised $1M on Indiegogo for what is essentially a RM rip off.

What was funny is that instead of outright admitting the movement is Asian Seagull clone, he instead called it "customized Seagull movement".

Something to look at while we pass the time and wait for progress.

Most importantly, look at the price point and his initial funding goal. That should give us all quite a bit of insight as to how much these watches actually cost to make in China, from R&D to Production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZFUw79eb4

Indiegogo Link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...ium-watch--4#/

Not much mate. for instance the mold for the strap is around $300. Same goes for the mold of the case. I think this watch costs around $20-$30 to make exc. movement take a Seagull at a good price add $25.

So total sum up:
Watch: $30
Movement: $25
Strap: $8

So around $63 total per watch. Insane amount of profit, people fall for it every time lol.

Last edited:

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Sure, But prob May 2022 for V2...