• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Just to refresh Angus insight picture from 1.5 years ago or so.

Case shape won‘t be the problem i guess haha

Still baffles me if they came this far with creating this why the hell the hell they didnt finish it or why it takes so damn long.

If i recall correctly they were also surprisingly far with the movement and should be done along time ago. Such a shame...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Still baffles me if they came this far with creating this why the hell the hell they didnt finish it or why it takes so damn long.

If i recall correctly they were also surprisingly far with the movement and should be done along time ago. Such a shame...

There is probably more to the story, unfortunately the only TD that gave us proper insights on the factories (Angus) is either too busy or got tired of all the complaints aimed at him when he was simply the middle man. And even him seemed surprised they released the RM35 first.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
There is probably more to the story, unfortunately the only TD that gave us proper insights on the factories (Angus) is either too busy or got tired of all the complaints aimed at him when he was simply the middle man. And even him seemed surprised they released the RM35 first.

I think so too! When you came that far making already a perfect case, there should be indeed a problem somewhere. Otherwise we already had seen the final product

Reactions: XLR8R

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I think the emergence of new RM reps, especially from makers of the quality of ZF, is really exciting!

Now please, I BEG YOU, somebody make a decent RM055...

3-E9-CE462-0-E91-4768-AA61-335-BD34431-CA.jpg

ZF could do a great job of this, make it all in white ceramic with a matt finish, slim like the new RM035, and it would be amazing!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

DC

Last edited:
Reactions: gclass

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
ZF could do a great job of this, make it all in white ceramic with a matt finish, slim like the new RM035, and it would be amazing!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

You have my vote ;)

I think as they have the right base now with the case (and also great knowledge in manufacturing ceramic coming from IWC) it is only a matter of time.

Unfortunately we have to face the fact that there won't be a decent see through optic of the movement in the near future... And that is something that makes this beauty the beauty it is hehe

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
Yesss, I all want is a decent RM055. It's a simple basic 3 hand movement. If factories can clone the 4130 in a Daytona, they can CERTAINTLY clone an RM055 movement. I realize that, yes, this comes down to R&D costs vs demand, and the demand for RM's is likely no where near the demand for something like a good daytona.. but that doesn't stop me from wishing.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
someone of us has to get his hands on AutoDesk Inventor and design a custom movement with basic parts readily available then machine the base plates, put some jewels in there and use the standard components haha

"should be easy" :jeff:

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Yesss, I all want is a decent RM055. It's a simple basic 3 hand movement. If factories can clone the 4130 in a Daytona, they can CERTAINTLY clone an RM055 movement. I realize that, yes, this comes down to R&D costs vs demand, and the demand for RM's is likely no where near the demand for something like a good daytona.. but that doesn't stop me from wishing.

If they can make this...

6130-B2-E3-BCAE-44-CA-AEA5-F48-EB8-CA3067.jpg

... then they can make a skeletonised 3 hand movement!!!

The RM027 is the most expensive rep I’ve owned and one of the most expensive I’ve ever seen outside of Phongs Rolexes and Pateks, and yet I’ve seen a lot of them on the forums, so there is demand even at this high cost and lack of accuracy. People will pay for quality, and in particular RM fans will pay for quality, we’re an obsessive bunch (just like gen RM collectors).

DC

Reactions: Lariram

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
If they can make this...

The RM027 is the most expensive rep I’ve owned and one of the most expensive I’ve ever seen outside of Phongs Rolexes and Pateks, and yet I’ve seen a lot of them on the forums, so there is demand even at this high cost and lack of accuracy. People will pay for quality, and in particular RM fans will pay for quality, we’re an obsessive bunch (just like gen RM collectors).

DC

I would EASILY pay a few grand for an accurate high quality RM055 rep

Reactions: seba0112

Logan

Horology Curious
22/3/06
Puretime has some new banners on their web page.. amongst them is a ZF Richard Mille banner showing the RM35, the RM52, AND an RM11. I wonder if that means they know a release is coming soon?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
If they can make this...

DC

It's an expensive hobby you got there mate :D as if rep collecting itself wasnt exp enough, you've thrown your love on RM!

Timrm

24/4/18
Anyone think we can expect a release after cny?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
kobe24 come on mate, we are getting bored in here with the CNY break, please give us some rumours on what we can expect in the coming months :)

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks for the info mate. It's not even surprising. ZF must already have realized there is a huge market for RM reps.

I dunno, seems like not many people have bought the RM035 or the RM052, wouldn’t blame them for walking away with all the BS complaining people have done comparing it to what ABD are charging three times the price for. Not sure what people expect when it’s a rep of such a high end and unique style brand!

Fingers crossed for the RM011 at least (and please the original version not the ugly -03)

DC