• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Yep, seems so. It has the -FM in the signature on the dial that the white version doesn't, has the RICHARD MILLE at the top of dial in correct font, and has the RICHADR MILLE on the movement plate fixed at the back too. Also is matte, per the gen, whereas white has a glossy finish.

Now (movement nitpicks aside) the biggest (easily fixed) flaw for me is the 9 o'clock subdial with the incorrect number order (should be a countdown 55-50-45 etc, rather than a conventional chronograph with 5-10-15.

Next I'd like them to fix the rotor - the 'fins' and the screws look a bit cheap on KVF's RM011, whereas on their 'NPTP' RM035-01 and 02 released a couple weeks back the rotor is very deep and actually appears to be constructed from a number of parts, rather than just stamped out of one sheet.

Right now, it looks TT has a $90 premium for the -FM on the front on the black. Hopefully we get some incremental improvements from KVF on the way to the ZF version.

I want to bring up that even on the GEN there are some with no FM on after the RM 011 that's why I was not worried about it.

VJY0730.jpg

Funtimezz

18/1/16
The white version also has the RICHARD MILLE font fixed and also the RICHADR MILLE spelling on the back fixed as well.
As for the glossy ceramic, can't wait to see how it will look like after I contact Steve and get it matted.
Will post some OOTB wristshots later today once I receive it.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
The white version also has the RICHARD MILLE font fixed and also the RICHADR MILLE spelling on the back fixed as well.
As for the glossy ceramic, can't wait to see how it will look like after I contact Steve and get it matted.

Oh thank god, I was getting really messed up and my motivation was taking a hit reading how people were finding all sorts of flaws...really looking forward to your pictures, I am soooo close on pulling the trigger.

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Guys...wow..it really is a beautiful watch and omg the attention to details are insane on this dial.
I am SO bummed that it is a bit too big for my taste...
BTW in certain angles the bezel does appear to be slightly matte.

O9A44wp.jpg

EhzRWUo.jpg

Reactions: swordfish_77

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Oh thank god, I was getting really messed up and my motivation was taking a hit reading how people were finding all sorts of flaws...really looking forward to your pictures, I am soooo close on pulling the trigger.

Oh man I would not think twice about pulling the trigger on this lol. It's another thing to hold this in person than looking at other people's pictures of QCs online I tell ya. And yes I triple checked to see and none of the flaws you mentioned are there on mine.

Reactions: swordfish_77

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

So how does the Matte process works then? Blast it?

chuckbass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/15
Oh man I would not think twice about pulling the trigger on this lol. It's another thing to hold this in person than looking at other people's pictures of QCs online I tell ya. And yes I triple checked to see and none of the flaws you mentioned are there on mine.

Looks amazing. Thanks for posting these pics. It doesn't even look that 'glossy' - the matteness seems okay!

Funtimezz

18/1/16
You say it looks big but I don't see that , can you post the critical set of wrist shots showing the thickness please? Also, your wrist is approx what size?

Sorry guys let me rephrase. It does fit my wrist well especially due to the case of the watch. My wrist is approx 7.5inches. However I usually rock watches anywhere between 36-39mm so this is a big too big of a jump in sizes for me lol.

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Is that stock crystal? Looks great!

Yes it is stock. I was shocked too. The stock crystal AR has come a loooooong way since the last KVF RM 055 I ordered around a year ago. Honestly the current crystal might not even need any tweaking it is already good OOTB.