• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The KVF dial is very good on the RM011, perhaps not the RM011-03 but I’m not as familiar with that gen!

DC
It’s not. I’m sorry to burst your bubble. Every RM we had so far is blatantly off. Factories can not expect big sales of their models if these models are repped poorly.
Additional to that, it has been said by numerous dealers that sales from forums are only a marginal take of the actual sales of them and the factory’s. So if we don’t buy these ‚bad‘ releases, factories will barely notice it. And if they use their heads, they’ll know why.

Its like real life, you can’t expect to sell dozens of a half assed product to make your customers hopeful that you’ll do it properly some day.

Skot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/17
The upcoming rm from zf is rm052, nearly 80-90% of parts are 1:1 to gen, such as screws and case, but the only flaw is not a tourbillon. For zf rm011 is arriving in late 2018, still need some time to fine tune the month calendar function. It’ll be around 90% accurateÂ*

hi reppistsgood to see you back!...missed your insights from temporary forum...

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
You must see KVF vs Gen Side By Side ! , sure , I want to see your impression after

Sent from the RWI App

Any RM rep side by side with the gen will look rubbish, don’t be a moron, but actually if you pay attention I did make such a comparison in a review already, and the KVF came out pretty well (save for the carbon pattern of course)!

DC

Reactions: BIONONE

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
It’s not. I’m sorry to burst your bubble. Every RM we had so far is blatantly off.

And every RM rep from now till the end of time will be off too, it’s not realistic to expect them to be accurate to a watch this technical and complex. Have you seen the crappy picture Angus posted of the supposed clone movement, it’s hardly anything to get excited about, no different to the KVF save the month wheel (which if you think will be functional then you are delusional)!

DC

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And every RM rep from now till the end of time will be off too, it’s not realistic to expect them to be accurate to a watch this technical and complex. Have you seen the crappy picture Angus posted of the supposed clone movement, it’s hardly anything to get excited about, no different to the KVF save the month wheel (which if you think will be functional then you are delusional)!

DC

There’s a difference between something being accurate and completely shit. Even if the ZF is only half way there, that already is 30% better than the KVF has been.
I think there’s this good invention that originated from our beloved rep world namely frankening and modding watches. The people that really are obsessed with it, will find a way to modify or to put genuine parts in these reps to make them better.
Just look at Franken APs. Look at the rep and look at a Franken.
And do me a favour and don’t play the 'impossibility‘ game in regards to getting RM parts. It’s not, believe me ;)

It wouldn’t be the first time that a nonfunctional (usually automatic) function has been solved with some sort of trick from the factory to change this display.

By not thinking about possible modding and frankening, you made yourself look even more delusional but I can keep that to myself if you want. :giggle:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Now please knock it off. This is a ZF RM waiting room after all. You can open your own, 'KVF factory is good enough for me so I don’t want to have any hype for ZF and any other better RM because I’m delusional‘ thread. If you want to bitch and moan, do that but don’t do it here. kthxbai

Reactions: swordfish_77

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I get where the KVF guy is coming from. Look we’ve all been there and want to convince ourselves that our V1 is great and we don’t need V2, V3, etc, but the fact of the matter is that when the factories make improvements or a “better” well known factory reps the same watch we have, the watch we previously purchased will be inferior and we will want to sell it and buy the new one. this is where ZF comes in. They’be been working on this for a while prob a couple of years and I’m sure it’s goinf to be much better than KVF. Will it be 100% to gen? No. But it will be most likely 30-40% better than any previous factory and another achievement to our hobby putting the RMs miles ahead of what we have today. I for one am looking forward to it. ZF RM in 2018 and beyond baby!!!

Reactions: phdsjain and QueTip

rwileo

Known Member
7/9/16
If KVF didnt make the 055 white ceramic in time I will rock the white 011 from ZF :punk:

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
If KVF didnt make the 055 white ceramic in time I will rock the white 011 from ZF :punk:

There is a white ceramic 055 from KVF coming as well, with some significant adjustments, such as correct Richard mille font, sub dial position changes etc.

Reactions: Skot

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
There is a white ceramic 055 from KVF coming as well, with some significant adjustments, such as correct Richard mille font, sub dial position changes etc.

I assume it'll still be the same miyota movement with fake gears in the front/back. I wish someone would tackle making a 1:1 rep of the 055. It's such a mechanically simple watch with zero complications, I don't see why such a thing can't be done? Hell, I'd pay 1000 easy for such a rep!

Reactions: phdsjain

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I get where the KVF guy is coming from. Look we’ve all been there and want to convince ourselves that our V1 is great and we don’t need V2, V3, etc, but the fact of the matter is that when the factories make improvements or a “better” well known factory reps the same watch we have, the watch we previously purchased will be inferior and we will want to sell it and buy the new one. this is where ZF comes in. They’be been working on this for a while prob a couple of years and I’m sure it’s goinf to be much better than KVF. Will it be 100% to gen? No. But it will be most likely 30-40% better than any previous factory and another achievement to our hobby putting the RMs miles ahead of what we have today. I for one am looking forward to it. ZF RM in 2018 and beyond baby!!!Â*

I’m not in any kind of denial, just for the record lol. I know my KVF is far from perfect but it’s streets ahead of any other RM rep out there... which the ZF currently isn’’t let’s not forget!

I just don’t understand the mentality of people like Repworld who go bananas over how amazing and perfect a watch is going to be that hasn’t even been released yet, and in the case of the infamous Nautilus with it’s clone movement, may never end up being released!

I don’t subscribe to the hype train, that is all. When I see it, if it’’s good, I’’ll buy it. Until then, KVF is the best available, full stop!

DC

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I’m not in any kind of denial, just for the record lol. I know my KVF is far from perfect but it’s streets ahead of any other RM rep out there... which the ZF currently isn’’t let’s not forget!

I just don’t understand the mentality of people like Repworld who go bananas over how amazing and perfect a watch is going to be that hasn’t even been released yet, and in the case of the infamous Nautilus with it’s clone movement, may never end up being released!

I don’t subscribe to the hype train, that is all. When I see it, if it’’s good, I’’ll buy it. Until then, KVF is the best available, full stop!

DC

This forum for Discussion and study and Help , if u see yourself very sensitive for KVF that’s not my Fault , we discuss illegal secrets watchmakers with no more info so try to be normal !

Sent from the RWI App

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Best to Go with Gen collectors forums

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Searching and searching and searching from Chinese sources very small information do you think it’s easy in china Rep Makers you know nothing about it

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I foresee a future where 90% of all posts in every thread will be from Repworld. One stream-of-consciousness sentence at a time.

Reactions: SuperLory

rwileo

Known Member
7/9/16
Yes I’m aware of that but I’m an impatient man, I don’t think I can wait until both watches are out and see which one is better lol