Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Is doing a strap change yourself on a RM-011 possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is doing a strap change yourself on a RM-011 possible?

Looking at buying a RM-011 Felipe Massa Limited Edition Lemans with a rubber strap. Hate rubber straps on all watches (except say AP & Panerai), and found a source for RM leather straps. Looking at the leather strap it has a prong and 2 openings for screws but it looks like you would have to take the case apart to fit the new strap which requires purchasing a special screwdriver.

My question is has anyone attempted a strap change and if so how did it go? Better to leave well enough alone?

Goodwood

Leave well enough alone! i recently changed from rubber to velcro straps on two of my RMs. Put it this way I wish I had the TD change them. I had the right tool for the screws , it took a while to get them (screws) to line up with holes. In my opinion not really worth it. Now if know a friend or a relative in the watch business they can do it for sure. i have watches that I have changed the straps on I thought that the RMs would be simple take the screw put in the strap line up screw in. I'm telling you my experience to save you the headache. like I said if you have someone in the watch business I know they can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by seamaster1970, post: 3707090, member: 121512
      Leave well enough alone! i recently changed from rubber to velcro straps on two of my RMs. Put it this way I wish I had the TD change them. I had the right tool for the screws , it took a while to get them (screws) to line up with holes. In my opinion not really worth it. Now if know a friend or a relative in the watch business they can do it for sure. i have watches that I have changed the straps on I thought that the RMs would be simple take the screw put in the strap line up screw in. I'm telling you my experience to save you the headache. like I said if you have someone in the watch business I know they can do it.
      Good to know, have had some strap change headaches with Hublot and Franck Muller.

Goodwood

Comment

I recently picked up an RM35-01 in a M2M deal, that included two velcro straps and the screw driver. Honestly, it wasn't tough at all and the watch face stays intact. Just takes a steady hand and plenty of patience.

Comment

Some watches needs to unscrew the baxk case for change strap

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Regarding the RM 11-03, does it need to unscrew the back case for a strap change?

Comment

Hi, so sorry, I would like to ask, which screwdriver is suitable for KVF Richard Mille? Specifically for RM055, are they 2.75mm in size or are they different?

Comment

Hi guys just wondering Iv got original straps for My RM would they fit ?

Comment

I tried to do a strap change for my rep rm11, bought the screwdriver tool but discovered that the screws are fake

Comment

Working...
                  X