• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is doing a strap change yourself on a RM-011 possible?

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Looking at buying a RM-011 Felipe Massa Limited Edition Lemans with a rubber strap. Hate rubber straps on all watches (except say AP & Panerai), and found a source for RM leather straps. Looking at the leather strap it has a prong and 2 openings for screws but it looks like you would have to take the case apart to fit the new strap which requires purchasing a special screwdriver.

My question is has anyone attempted a strap change and if so how did it go? Better to leave well enough alone?

Goodwood

seamaster1970

Horology Curious
22/2/16
Leave well enough alone! i recently changed from rubber to velcro straps on two of my RMs. Put it this way I wish I had the TD change them. I had the right tool for the screws , it took a while to get them (screws) to line up with holes. In my opinion not really worth it. Now if know a friend or a relative in the watch business they can do it for sure. i have watches that I have changed the straps on I thought that the RMs would be simple take the screw put in the strap line up screw in. I'm telling you my experience to save you the headache. like I said if you have someone in the watch business I know they can do it.

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Leave well enough alone! i recently changed from rubber to velcro straps on two of my RMs. Put it this way I wish I had the TD change them. I had the right tool for the screws , it took a while to get them (screws) to line up with holes. In my opinion not really worth it. Now if know a friend or a relative in the watch business they can do it for sure. i have watches that I have changed the straps on I thought that the RMs would be simple take the screw put in the strap line up screw in. I'm telling you my experience to save you the headache. like I said if you have someone in the watch business I know they can do it.

Good to know, have had some strap change headaches with Hublot and Franck Muller.

Goodwood

MrJonez

Renowned Member
8/3/16
United States - SoCal
I recently picked up an RM35-01 in a M2M deal, that included two velcro straps and the screw driver. Honestly, it wasn't tough at all and the watch face stays intact. Just takes a steady hand and plenty of patience.

D

d4m.test

Some watches needs to unscrew the baxk case for change strap

Sent from the RWI App

embata

Horology Curious
28/1/19
Regarding the RM 11-03, does it need to unscrew the back case for a strap change?

ZanderXS

Horology Curious
10/3/19
Hi, so sorry, I would like to ask, which screwdriver is suitable for KVF Richard Mille? Specifically for RM055, are they 2.75mm in size or are they different?

Heskey10

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/3/19
Hi guys just wondering Iv got original straps for My RM would they fit ?

Stamfordnoob

Looking Around
9/5/19
I tried to do a strap change for my rep rm11, bought the screwdriver tool but discovered that the screws are fake