• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

When will we get a 1 to 1 scaled RM replica?

rockstan

Known Member
4/9/16
As we are talking about RM here. I think people are judging by something else rather than watch itself. Like, you wearing a RM but not driving a Ferrai or Lamborghini..... must be a fake one.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
Well this is a bit reductive, i know someone who's a massive watch collector especially of gen Patek and he daily drives a fiat 500, he's just into watches and not cars
But i get your point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Can someone direct me to the ZF factory thread mentioned above, I would like to monitor the progress on the RM11?

richhomie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/15
that makes absolutely no sense... If its cheaper and easier they would get a better replica... Smaller makers can't even get a submariner on point like noob does. I really dont get it
I remember that Angus said as the RM010 and RM005 are easy to rep they don't want to invest in this as smaller maker can reproduce it easily afterward they'd rather invest in a more expensive watch to replicate

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
As we are talking about RM here. I think people are judging by something else rather than watch itself. Like, you wearing a RM but not driving a Ferrai or Lamborghini..... must be a fake one.
I own a Gallardo, and I'm pretty sure people would STILL know the RM is fake, haha. If only I had an Aventador...

Known Member
15/3/14
I own a Gallardo, and I'm pretty sure people would STILL know the RM is fake, haha. If only I had an Aventador...
Sad.. i drive a toyota & people look at my gen rolex as fake lol until i took out my huge pile of cash out

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU

Well this is a bit reductive, i know someone who's a massive watch collector especially of gen Patek and he daily drives a fiat 500, he's just into watches and not cars
But i get your point

I don't think the people that buy RM's are driving low-key cars.

Eseips

5/4/16
don´t want to say anything negative about gen RM-buyers but if i have to guess who buys them... lets say you already have had everything from rolex up to lange&söhne/patek, all your friends have upper-class luxury watches, drive fancy cars and you already get bored by the sheer amount of ap´s everyone you know wears, then you might wanna go for a RM, just to provoke, since they make absolutely no sense at all. but hey, thats what super luxury is about, aye? on youtube, eric of CRM jewellers did a nice video on the Rafa or the red deamon elaborating this exactly, worth a watch, he´s a fun guy.

Reactions: sunrayminor

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yes agreed.
High profile watch need to match high profile car.
Whilst I agree, that isn’t the case for all RM buyers. I know quite a few of them and believe me when I tell you, a handful of these people either don’t have a car at all or drive a cheap and pretty basic car.

Now of course, the remaining of the ones I am talking about drives countless Ferrari’s, Bugatti’s etc. but yeah.

I for one wouldn’t make out if a watch is gen or fake by the car the owner drives.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Did anyone buy the KVF RM011?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I don't think the demand is there. RM is a known name, but the popularity level doesn't come anywhere close to the Rolex, Omega or Breitling demand.

Patek and RM are right after Rolex in popularity especially in China. There is less and less interest in repping APs.
RM is huge in Asia. Rep factories will definitely jump on producing RMs.
It’s not easy to replicate them but demand is definitely there.

Dave88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/21
On the contrary, I think the tonneau shape first introduced on the RM001 & RM002 has become a classic, if not an icon, of modern watch design, and they're still using it after 18 years with no sign of changing direction so I'd say it's going to be pretty long lasting. It's certainly not what I'd call a fad!!

Yoyos were a fad, fidget spinners are a fad, with any luck Justin Beiber will be a fad, but Richard Mille is proving himself far more resilient in the current market than almost any other brand, so I'd say he's here to stay!!!

DC

I collect yo-yos and do not think they are a fad. The tonneau shape started with Franck Muller, Richard just made it more extreme by taking the basic form and making it lighter and adding a tourbillon to boot. Tourbillons were usually reserved for classic style watches until Richard decided to merge lightness with a ‘pretty’ but otherwise useless complication—the tourbillon.

But, that it will remain a classic, that is for sure. You can only go round or square and Richard chose the latter, while most classic brands still use a round face.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
It's amazing how this was started in 2017. Fast forward we are still waiting for a true 1:1. We are semi there about 70-80% there, just wish they would do a RM 05 or RM 10 and it could be a game changer