• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Richard Mille RM005 - why no good rep? Biggest chance of a proper RM rep...

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
The RM005 uses a Vaucher movement. I don't understand why the rep factories don't rep this model.
It might not be that hot within the rep world but the reps they currently make are faux movements of watches that are 200k +.

The RM005 can be had on the second hand market at a decent price, and since it uses a Vaucher base movement I think this would be the easiest version to get repped.
Next to that, they exist in different variations.

Some people are struggling of buying a rep of a 200k or 750k watch as it doesn't suit their lifestyle.
The RM005 might close the gap for those guys as some can be bought at 30k.

Some movement photos & watch pics:

RM010_Constr01_17.jpg

RM005_const01_1.jpg

11205793_973146689415983_953816421_n.jpg

market_image.3860768.jpg

RM010_2-10-24-10s.jpg

10732021_381425782019892_916343082_n.jpg

Reactions: ZoomBoy

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
There was a rep for this I think, but the factory stopped making it. I'm sure I saw some at m2m

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I have to agree with you, and I've heard you posting this info before. It's the "simplest" looking RM and with deco plates, etc should be simple to make for a qualified factory to not just "guess" the case dimensions, etc. Would be incredible to see a really, well done RM rep.

Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
There was a rep for this I think, but the factory stopped making it. I'm sure I saw some at m2m

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Yes, but case dimensions etc were wrong.

I have to agree with you, and I've heard you posting this info before. It's the "simplest" looking RM and with deco plates, etc should be simple to make for a qualified factory to not just "guess" the case dimensions, etc. Would be incredible to see a really, well done RM rep.

Exactly, I've been mentioning this for quite a few years. We clearly see the market shifting, Hublot is finished concerning reps, when did they release a proper piece?! Same goes for other rep brands. Why don't the makers shift with the market.
They make good looking movements (with deco plates etc.) for pieces like Jacquet Droz, Nomos, and go on. Those aren't a big market for sure?!

Why can't they focus on a simple RM instead of repping 700k pieces? It absolutely doesn't make sense to me.

Shout out to the factories: go rep a RM005...

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
@puretime. Didn't you say noob was going to attempt a proper RM? Could be a great project instead of releasing their old greatest hits again?

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Well if we can do something about it I'm all in for giving my voice on this. Maybe there just isn't enough consumers in the RM section? Not only is the RM005 much easier to rep then the 400k+ RMs, it is also simple, clean, and beautiful. If n00b makes a proper RM rep or any factory for that matter, count me in as a first customer.

andre233

1/8/13
I think the first thing the factories have to get right is the size. I don't understand how do they manage to get the shape right but not the size.. I don't mother wearing a Bubba Watson that doesn't have a dial as close to gen, but the size thing really bothers me.. These are very big watches in their correct size already.. The reps are just ridiculous.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
And while they're at it: Rep that Urwerk watch! If some guy on a forum can make one himself with a Miyota movement I'm sure noob of JF can crush it!

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Personally, if you want a RM rep available right now, I believe the closet ones to gen in terms of dimensions would be the RM 022, and the RM 010. These ones are not overly thick like the RM 55 / RM 35 and the case dimensions are also smaller. The only thing is they have the WORST AR coatings... :(

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
And while they're at it: Rep that Urwerk watch! If some guy on a forum can make one himself with a Miyota movement I'm sure noob of JF can crush it!

Indeed... That guy is now releasing his first prototype watch.

Personally, if you want a RM rep available right now, I believe the closet ones to gen in terms of dimensions would be the RM 022, and the RM 010. These ones are not overly thick like the RM 55 / RM 35 and the case dimensions are also smaller. The only thing is they have the WORST AR coatings... :(

I'm not looking for the best one, I think the answer is laying in front of their nose and they don't want to see it.

hubini

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/16

Actually, the RM010 isn't all that accurate. Thickness, yes. But the overall shape of the case isn't quite accurate. It tapers too much and as a result the strap becomes a little too thin. Still tho, I highly doubt anyone outside this forum would be able to tell any RM reps apart. [emoji6]

buffedupboy

Known Member
15/2/13
How much are you willing to pay for a rep of the RM10/RM5? The problem is that they use a double barrel movement and the orientation of the balance wheel is not available in any other movement off the shelf. If you wanted to rep it, then an entirely new movement needs to be created.... NO REP factory is capable of this. And if they were? the question again is how much are you willing to pay......

Having said that though, the case shape and size of reps also bother me which is why I have yet to purchase one.

gregarthur

Known Member
3/8/15
Indeed... That guy is now releasing his first prototype watch.

I'm not looking for the best one, I think the answer is laying in front of their nose and they don't want to see it.
A rep urwerk? Can you give me a link? Thanks!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

robinhihi

Known Member
16/5/16
sweden

Where can I get the rm010?

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: stam95

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
I asked myself the same question, and i remember that i’ve posted it in a thread where angus answered.
Apparently it’s not interesting for big factories to replicate this rep because it cost a lot to invest to make something as good as an AP diver for example. And if at the end they come up with an RM really close to the gen, other lower grade factories could easily replicate the model for a low investement and make profit by taking part of the market demand because it’s an easy base to replicate. This was his answer, but to be honest i don’t really get it because we appear to be a sort of « Niche » and would not buy a lower quality watch when you can get the decent rep with not much flaws. I’ll try to find back his answer to post it here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk